Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Puppet's Excuse

Chapter 4

by Acid_Joker 1 review

xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-05-11 - 2780 words

2Original
“I want this one.”
Gerard smiles softly and releases a small sigh of relief. Honestly- it doesn’t matter how much he cares about Frank, and it doesn’t matter how he would bring down the fucking moon if Frank asked for it, standing for five hours in an animal shelter with the sun beating down on his back and a moody husband who simply wants “the perfect one, Gee. What if our little one doesn’t like it?”(that secretly made a small smile appear on Gerard’s face because, come on, he is only human, and Frank called it their kid, which meant that he was warming up to the idea of them being actually and properly together) was becoming kind of a burden.
But as soon as the thought appears, it is clogged up by guilt- how could he even think to consider Frank a burden? Gerard wasn’t stupid. He knew that Frank now meant something more to him somehow, but it wasn’t love.
No, it wasn’t love. Sure, Gerard feels all tingly and warm inside every time Frank talks, and on the few hours he’d known about the little someone growing on Frank’s belly, Gerard feels hot all over whenever he thinks the word ours, but that isn’t necessarily what some would like to call a ‘guilty love.’
So, no, Frank and their kid were definitely not a burden. So, instead of getting more lost in his thoughts than he already was, Gerard smiled and put an arm around Frank’s waist, helping him to stand up- even though he didn’t need the help, while Frank rolled his eyes and blushed. The helper who was there with them smirked triumphantly, as if achieving something.
“Well then, Mr. and Mr. Way, if you wouldn’t mind coming to the office to sign a contract saying that you will take care of sweetheart over here so we can get this over with. Please come with me.” She says with her voice enchanting and sweet. She reminds Frank of the girl at the pharmacy the day before.
-*-
Three weeks in, and Frank’s stomach is not really more than just a hard, small bump. It had started to grow, just a little, only enough so that his stomach is not flat anymore. It isn’t that noticeable, but Gerard, unashamed, had adopted a new hobby of talking to Frank’s stomach whenever he thinks Frank is asleep or too distracted.
And honestly, Frank finds this really fucking cute.


…not that he’s been noticing it that much, anyways.


The simple fact that Frank’s pregnant seems to have drawn them closer. Every day, Gerard would greet Frank with a kiss to the forehead, cheek or jaw. They actually talk to each other, they laugh together, and they actually hang out. There are barely any more awkward silences, no more tension, and, what they both are grateful for, there is no more feeling of not fitting in.
Sure, there are still a few things that have been left the same, like how Gerard waits until Frank is asleep before going to bed himself-how Frank still only practices guitar when Gerard is at work. But that’s a guess to phrase, ’old habits die hard’.
Anyways, today is a special day, you see. Today it’s the couple’s first scan. It’s been around three weeks since Frank found out that he was pregnant, and he is barely finishing his third month. They had a doctor’s appointment a few days after they found out, and then they made the appointment for today, 12:30pm.
But that isn’t the exact reason why they’re both so nervous: it’s because today everything becomes real.
Today they will find the gender to their baby, as well as see it for the first time.
So, it’s obvious to say that both of them are really fucking nervous. Gerard’s knee is bobbing up and down unconsciously, and frank’s finger hadn’t stopped twitching since they entered through the hospital’s door. And Gerard’s Trypanophobia doesn’t really help the matter of being in an enclosed space with needles and sick people and needles.
And well, for Frank it’s quite obvious: he’s going to see his baby, and everything will become real. Also, there’s the part where Gerard thought it would be a great fucking idea for the appointment to be on a Sunday morning, when right after the hospital they would have to go and tell Gerard’s whole family the news.
So, yeah. They are plenty scared.

When the pretty nurse walks in with a smile and says, “Mr. Way?” both of them jump out of their seats. She smiles and gestures over to a hall. “Dr. Urie is waiting for you. Just go straight and his office is the second-to-last door to the right. I’ll be with you in a moment!” she smiles, and then walks away, leaving Frank and Gerard to walk to the door of Dr. Brendon Urie’s office.
This was the second time they’ve met- the first one was during their first appointment, and they both remember clearly how, three weeks ago, they entered without knocking and the first thing that they saw was the man waiting hunched over a desk. He surprised them both: he was young, no more than twenty-nine, and when he smiled it made some of the nervousness leave Frank’s body. Gerard was feeling quite relaxed, too.
“Oh, Hello! Which one of you is Frank?” He had asked, the warm, inviting smile never leaving his face. Frank shyly stepped forward, not letting go of Gerard’s hand. “Perfect! How are you, Frank? How’ve you been feeling?” He said like if they’d known each other for years and not just a few seconds. He shook both of their hands, and then proceeded ushering them both into the red chairs in front of his desk.


Now, Dr. Urie was waiting by the scan table, when he saw them a warm smile spreading over his face. “Hello, Frank! Hi, Gerard! Are you guys ready to see your kid?” he asks, and they both nod, excited and nervously. “Hello, Dr. Urie.” They both say, the tension leaving both their shoulders.
“Oh, call me Brendon. I already told you guys that! Dr. Urie makes me feel weird.” he giggles.
They both nod. “Now, Frank. Come over here, lie down please.” Brendon says, gesturing to the table near the scanner. Frank nods wordlessly, still too nervous, exited and jittery to speak without trusting his voice not to tremble. He lies down wordlessly, Gerard by his side, and then there’s a knock on the door. “Come in.” Brendon says, small smile on his face.
The same nurse that received them comes in, a smile on her face and a tray on her hands. And, oh, needles. Gerard goes a little pale, his grip on Frank’s hand tightening. She seems to notice this, and if only her smirk becomes larger “Oh, Victoria! Come in sweetheart, and do what you have to do.” Brendon beams, and she smiles.
“Hello, Frank. Hi Gerard.” She says, her smirk coming back and making her face a little more attractive. She walks over, setting the tray on the table beside Frank and grabbing his free arm. “Gerard, sweetheart, if you want to, you can leave the room while I do this.” She says with her tone of voice concerned and if not a tiny little bit mocking. “No. I’m fine.” Gerard says a little shakily, looking away before thinking better of it and burying his face on Frank’s shoulder.
“Okay, then.” She says, and disinfects Frank’s inner arm, before doing the same to the needle and tying a band around his bicep. “You ready, sweets?” Victoria The Nurse asks, and Frank nods, burying his face on Gerard’s hair. “Do it.” He says, and she does. A few seconds later, Frank feels the needle leave his arm, and she clicks her tongue.
“All done. Good luck, Frank. See you next time.” She smiles, and takes the tray with the now blood-filled test tube and discards the needle. She says something to Brendon and he smiles and nods. Waving one more time, Victoria The Nurse opens the door and leaves, leaving them all three of them alone again.
“So.” Brendon says, clapping his hands. “Are you guys ready to see your little bundle of joy?” He beams. Frank and Gerard both smile nervously, Gerard squeezing Frank’s hand. “Well Frank, I need you to roll your shirt up a little, exposing your stomach?” Brendon says, and Frank does. “Excellent! Now, I’m gonna rub this gel on your stomach, okay?” Brendon doesn’t wait for a response, and instead rubs the cold gel on Frank’s tummy, making him yelp a little.
Brendon takes a stick-like thing and smiles a little over to the pair, and wordlessly puts the thing on Frank’s belly. A screen on the side of the bed flickers on, a black and white and grey picture appearing. Brendon starts moving the thing- the scanner- and a figure starts to take form.
The emotion filling the room is breathtaking. The couple’s cheeks streak with tears when the little thump of their baby’s heart fills the room, and Brendon can’t say he isn’t feeling a little wounded up himself. He remembers feeling just like these two do, only a few short months ago when his own husband was here with him.
The figure looked like an overgrown peanut with limbs. There is a barely-there movement on what must’ve been its chest, because Brendon makes a pleased noise when he sees it, and pointing at it, he says, “You see this, over here? Yeah? Well that’s the little guy’s heart.” A smile creeps into Frank’s face, just as Gerard asks, “‘little guy?’”
Brendon smiles and nods. “Congratulations, you two. You’re having a-“ he checks the screen again and his smile widens “healthy little boy.”

!

“It wasn’t that bad, now, was it?" Frank asks with a tentative smile, still staring at the pictures on his hands like he couldn’t believe them. Gerard can’t help but to smile back. “Of course it wasn’t. I was only overreacting,” Gerard says, and Frank snorts at the same time that he looks up. “Oh, yeah, sure. You were totally freaking out.” Gerard chuckles and steals a glance over to Frank before focusing back on the road.
They were almost there.
“Um. It wasn’t my fault, you know? It was just… needles!” Gerard whines, scrunching up his nose and pouting. Frank laughs, leaning over to peck at Gerard’s cheek. “Sure.” He says, sliding back down into his seat as if nothing had happened.


A few minutes later, they were parked in Gerard’s parent’s house, where Mikey’s car was already haphazardly parked on the front lawn. Gerard sighed, and as a burst of bravery hit him out of no-where he says, “Let’s get this over with.” And exits the car, walking around it, and opening Frank’s door for him. “Such a gentleman,” Frank giggles. Gerard smirks and takes Frank’s hand and locking the car. “Well, obviously.” He rolled his eyes.
Gerard knocks on the door, and it immediately flies open. “Oh, Gerard! Come in, come in!” Donna Way says, giving them both a short hug and shooing them both into the house. “Hello, Gerard, Frank. It’s good to see you two around.” Gerard smiled. “Hello, Dad. Good to see you, too.” And Frank simply smiled.
“Why, hello brother, I don’t think you remember me. I am Michael, the brother of whom you’ve forgotten over these past few weeks.” Mikey said, standing up and looking jokingly offended. Gerard snorted, as did Frank and the rest of the people in the room. “Sorry, dude. I’ve been busy.” Gerard says, looking down to Frank with a loving stare. Mikey smirks cockily. “What? Fucking your husband? That’s no excuse for your unforgivable behavior.”
Frank blushes a deep crimson, while Gerard laughs. “Well, no. I’ve actually got a new comic going, thank you very much.” Okay, so that wasn’t exactly the truth. Gerard had this really crazy idea for a new comic just last night while talking to Frank’s belly, but whatever. Mikey didn’t need to know that. “Oh, what’s it about!?” Mikey asks, all grudges forgotten. “Uh uh. Not telling you until it’s finished.” Mikey pouts but doesn’t says anything else, knowing now for a fact that when his big brother set his mind on something, you sure as hell couldn’t make it change.


All throughout dinner Frank is uneasy, a sick feeling making him loose his appetite. Gerard noticed this, and as the awesome person he is he leant down to ask into Frank’s ear if he was fine; to what Frank responded with a curt nod and a shy, forced smile. Gerard knows it is a lie, but doesn’t make a move to push it harder.
At the end of dinner Gerard decides that it’s time. Because, well, he’s pretty sure that if he doesn’t do this now they will cower and do it never. “Um.” Gerard squeezes Frank’s hand as if to let him know that they were going to spill the beans now. Frank gulps and gives a squeeze back, letting Gerard know that he understands. Bu now, Frank’s stomach is knotted beyond belief and it makes Frank uncomfortable when all eyes turn to look at them.
“Uh. Frank and I are, um…” he trails off, and Frank gets annoyed. Why can’t they simply blurt it out and get this over with? So he does just that. “I’m pregnant.” He says, on the same monotone voice he used for telling Gerard. The room was silent for a second, before Donna’s face broke into a face-splitting smile. “Congratulations! You two, how far along are you? Why didn’t you told us sooner? Do you have any photos?” she asks, getting more and more exited within the minute. Gerard laughs awkwardly and smiles. “Frank is… twelve weeks along, actually. We wanted to wait for a bit to tell you, I guess.” He says, and takes the scans from his jeans pocket. “And yeah, we’ve got pictures.”

!

Later that night when they are on the car on their way to the Way-Iero household, the entire intensity of the day hits Gerard like a ton of bricks. “Holy shit.” He says, and gazes at the sleeping Figure of his husband with wide eyes, then at the hand resting on his stomach. “Holy shit!” he says, and parks into the driveway of their home. “I’m going to be a parent.” he says, and thinks back to a little over three weeks ago when Frank told him the news.
He was just coming home from another day at work, where James had yet again gotten yelled at because of his carelessness, Bob had looked as monotone as always, and Lindsey had flirted with him just as usual. He had actually expected that, when he got home, everything would be just as usual: awkward and with few words spoken. But now, he finds himself sitting in a car with his pregnant husband and contemplating how it is that his life had turned like this in such a short span of time.
Not that he regrets it.
He finally climbs off the car, and deciding that Frank was just too adorable sleeping carries him up the steps and into their house. Frank clings onto Gerard’s arm the moment when his head hits the pillow, and Gerard finds this gesture heart-swelling.
He sighs and takes off Frank’s shoes and pants, before changing into his own pajamas and Climbing in the bed with Frank. Gerard hugs Frank close onto his chest, placing a kiss to the shell of his ear before whispering,
“I swear I am going to keep you two safe. No matter if it means taking my own life. I promise.”
Okay. I’m really, really sorry. I’m sooooo lazy, like seriously!!!!!!! I can’t really believe myself. I am such a fucking lazy ass. Seriously, like the fuck is wrong with me? Ugh, I just. Sorry, okay? I hope you enjoyed…
Ok bye-
Sign up to rate and review this story