Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Puppet's Excuse

Chapter 3

by Acid_Joker 4 reviews

xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-04-18 - 2317 words

2Original
To say that things were awkward between Frank and Gerard was an understandment. Every day when Gerard got home for work, Frank would greet him quietly, they would eat dinner together, make the dishes and Frank would got to their room to play his guitar or read, while Gerard went to his study and work on the new comic book he had been doing- and he’ll wait until the lights go out completely or the noise quiets down to climb into bed with a sound asleep Frank, always kissing his cheek and mumbling a goodnight.
Gerard felt, in retrospective, bad. He didn’t feel sorry- he would be lying if he said that he enjoyed that time- but he did felt bad for taking advantage of Frank like that. They’ve been married for around six months by now, and had barely said ten words to each other in the past two. Gerard knows that he’d screwed up pretty badly, and it’s mostly in his hands to fix it- since Frank doesn’t seem to be willing to do so anytime soon.
He’d even came to point where he talked to Mikey- just as he always did, really, but this time it felt different. Gerard hadn’t dated anyone before. He was scared that he would fall deeply in love with them and then it will all get fucked because they would have to marry another person, and probably they’ll have to part to another vicinity.
So, when Gerard had decided to call Mikey and tell him everything, the kid had absolutely no idea of what to do or say, naturally. He had stuck to his brother’s policies, too- after all, neither of them wanted a broken heart and/or an uncomfortable relationship with their husband, or in Mikey’s case, Wife.
So, when Mikey said into the phone, “I’m sorry, bro, I don’t know what to do.” Gerard didn’t feel the least surprised. So, normally, he called Brian—after all, Brian knew almost always what to do. But his advice hadn’t been that helpful. “Just do what your heart tells you to,” he had said, and Gerard thanked him before dropping his head painfully into his desk.
So now, Gerard’s left staring with an empty hope and empty words at his husband’s sleeping face. He feels weird doing that, like if he shouldn’t be doing this, but at the same time… it does. It only feels so weird, Gerard decides, that he ignores it and climbs into bed beside Frank.
º+º+º+º+º+º+
Frank hadn’t been feeling too well the last few days.
It started out with a small ache on his back, which Frank had ignored. After all, he had gotten those thousands of times before, and they usually went away after a few hours.
Then there were the headaches. He had a really serious ache on the front of his head, a hammering that felt like a light hangover- Frank didn’t pay much attention to this, either, since he had gotten many of these before, too.
When he actually started worrying, though, was when the vomiting started. He had woken up one morning to the awfully familiar tugging on his stomach, running to the bathroom with one hand clasped over his mouth and threw up during ten minutes straight. That was when he finally decided to call the person who he is sure what’s wrong with him: his mom.
So right now, he’s sitting with his back against the sink after throwing up again in the last three days, cell phone at his ear, and waiting for his mother to pick up the damn phone. When Frank was going to give up, thinking that either his mother really didn’t want to talk to him or couldn’t find her phone, the sweet voice of Linda Iero filled the empty room, making Frank release the breath he was holding.
“Ma?” Fran asks, relief filling his voice.
“Frankie!” his mother’s voice exclaims from the other side of the line. “How are you, sweetheart?”
“Uh, I was actually calling ‘cause I’m not feeling real good…” he trails off, taking a deep breath to control the dizziness that is overwhelming him again. “Oh, sweetheart! Are you getting pneumonia again? Because if you are, then you must tell Gerard-“she starts, but Frank cuts her off. “no Ma, it’s nothing like that! It’s more like, uh, headaches and backaches and morning sickness?”
His mother is so silent, he thinks that she had hung up on him. “Ma?” he asks slowly, and his mom speaks quickly. “Have you had… relations with Gerard, lately?” she asks, and Frank freezes. His mind flashes to the night when they both got drunk, and suddenly feels quite sheepish.
“…yeah?”
“Have you taken a test, sweetheart?” she asks, trying to block the excitement in her voice with a flat tone.
“A what? Why would I- oh.” Oh. Oh. “Mom, I’m not- I’m not pregnant.”
“Uh-uh. Morning sickness. Head and back aches. You’ve been moody lately, too.”
“Am not!”
…silence.
“I- I can’t- I can’t be.” He finally says, his voice shaking. Frank’s mother sighs on the other end of the phone.
“If you don’t believe me, then go to the pharmacy and buy five tests. If three or more are positive, it means that I’m right.” She says, exasperated. Frank sighs. “Okay. I’ll call you later.” He says, and without waiting for an answer, ends the call.

“Okay. I can do this. I’m not actually pregnant, right? It’s only… a stomach bug. Yeah, that’s it. A stomach bug.” He mumbles to himself all the way to the pharmacy and back to the house, People giving him weird or a little freaked out looks when he passes them by. Frank couldn’t care less. He has to know now, since there, in fact, is a probability that there’s a tiny someone growing in his belly at the very moment. Finally, though, on the confines of his house, the door to the bathroom locked, he gets down to business.
He had bought ten tests, so he does what the instructions say, sits back and waits the two longest minutes in his entire life. Finally, the first one beeps. He takes it and looks at it hesitantly, holding his breath.
…negative. Sigh.
Second… Positive.
Third… Positive. Frank holds his breath at this. He feels quite freaked out about this.
Fourth… negative.
Fifth… negative. Sigh. Frank relaxes at that.
Sixth… negative.
Seventh… positive.
Eighth... positive.
Ninth… positive.
At last, Frank looks at the tenth one. He almost faints when he sees it. A pink plus mark.
Shit.

º+º+º+º+º+º+º+º+
Frank had been silent since Gerard got there. Well, more silent than usual, that is. He would normally greet him and then ask him about his day, to which Gerard would respond with an “it was awesome, how was yours?” and then Frank would say, “Good, thanks.” And then they would fall into a silence. His quiet isn’t the normal loose one, either- this one is tense, as if a bomb was just about to blow up.
Finally, while they were doing the dishes though, and the tension was starting to suffocate them both, Gerard decided to do something.
“Frank-“
“I’m Pregnant.”
“What?”
“…I’m Pregnant.”
It wasn’t that Gerard hadn’t understood him—he had heard loud and clear the first time, he just couldn’t process it.
“You’re… pregnant…?”
“In what language do you want me to say it? Je suis enceinte! Estoy embarazado! Sono incinta! Ik ben-“
“Frank!” Gerard says, standing up. Frank cringes and bows his head, while Gerard sighs. In thath moment, Frank shifts uncomfortably on his place, and Gerard swears that something just slammed into his back, but when he looked, there was nothing there. so he shrugs it off and insted concentrates in the situation before him.
He walks up to where Frank is sat down and kneels in front of him, nudging his chin and forcing him to look at Gerard. “Hey,” Gerard says, just realizing that Frank’s got tears running down his cheeks. “Yeah?” Fran asks, sniffling a little. Gerard puts a hand on top of Frank’s, which is rested protectively over his stomach.
“I…-“he shakes his head and simply decides on wrapping his free arm around Frank’s neck and pulling him down cautiously, engulfing him in a warm, strong embrace, to which Frank melts instantly, crying into the crook of Gerard’s neck. Gerard buries his nose on Frank’s hair and rocks them both ever so-slightly, making silent shushing noises.
A few seconds-minutes?-hours? Later, Frank falls quiet with only Gerard’s voice as a background noise. Finally, though, Frank takes a deep breath and pulls away to look at Gerard’s face with red, puffy eyes. “Okay?” Gerard asks, and Frank nods, sniffling. Gerard smiles softly, bringing his hand up to stroke at Frank’s cheek- and Frank leans into his hand.
“I soaked your shirt.” Frank says with his voice scratchy from crying. Gerard laughs softly, and shakes his head. “I didn’t like this one, anyways.” He says, and stands up slowly. “Come on,” he offers Frank a hand, and he takes it- “Let’s go upstairs, ‘kay?”


*

Later that night, as the pair lay on their bed, Gerard shamelessly spooning Frank from behind, one hand on the younger man’s stomach along with both of Frank’s, and the other one stroking his hair, Frank speaks, voice low and scared.
“Gerard?” he asks, and Gerard’s gaze falls on his husband’s face. “Yeah?” he asks, and Frank takes a Deep breath.
“You won’t leave me, right?” he asks, and Gerard straightens up, to which Frank winces. “What are you talking about?” he asks. “I just… I don’t know. I want to make sure you won’t leave me like, because of, you know… this.” he rests his hands on his almost non-existent baby bump. Gerard sighs and rolls his eyes, the wrinkles on his forehead relaxing slightly.
“Frank, I want you to know that I would never never ever do that. Like, I wouldn’t even think of it. Okay? So you don’t have to worry about that. You know what? The only thing that you have to worry about is about yours and the baby’s health. I’m doing an appointment with the doctor tomorrow for us to go okay? And like, I’ll take you baby-shopping if you want.” He says, and Frank giggles, rolling into his side so he is cuddled into Gerard’s chest, looking up at him with that big puppy eyes and sweet, grateful smile.
Gerard smiles down at him and kisses the top of Frank’s head, speaking against it. “Just. Don’t worry about anything, okay? I’ll make sure that you’re at your best, and. I’ll do anything you want me to. You want anything? Like, to make you feel any better? ‘cause like, when my cousin was pregnant she got all homesick and shit, and.” He says, and then blushes ‘cause, he just realized he’s rambling.
Frank giggles again and Gerard smiles through his blush, a warm feeling tugging at his chest with. He feels warm all over, knowing that it was him who made Frank laugh, and it was him who comforted it. Also, as the realization sinks in, he also realized that it was him who got Frank Pregnant.

Sometime later, as they lay in silence with the hum of the busy city far away from there- Gerard’s house in the suburbs if pretty aisled from society, about half hour away from the actual city- Gerard Feels Frank shift on his chest, and in the dim light provided by the streetlamps, coming through the shades Gerard can see Frank’s eyes blinking, staying closed for a few seconds before opening again.
“I want a puppy.” Frank mumbles against Gerard’s chest, his warm breath sending a warm shiver up his spine.
“What?” Gerard asks, looking down at Frank’s head where it rests on Gerard’s chest, just above his heart.
“A puppy.” Frank yawns, making Gerard yawn, too.
“Okay. We can go tomorrow to the animal center and you can pick one, if you would like?” Gerard says, bringing his hand up to stoke Frank’s hair and face. Frank only nods against Gerard chest, stifling another yawn.
“Don’t you have to work tomorrow?” Frank asks, eyelids dropping closed. “No.” Gerard chuckles. “Tomorrow is Saturday, remember?”
Frank hums, already half asleep. Gerard smiles down at him and kisses his forehead, making Frank smile dreamily. “Go to sleep, Frankie.” Gerard says, and re-accommodates them so they’re spooning again, both of Frank’s hands subconsciously going to rest on his belly along with Gerard’s. “Goodnight, Gee.” Frank says, and before Gerard can say anything, falls unconscious. Gerard smiles sweetly down at him and kisses Frank’s forehead.
“Goodnight, Frankie.”
Either of them noticed the tall, winged figure that leant against their window- and either of them noticed their winning smile, much less how they suddenly leapt off and flew away, disappearing far into the moon, only leaving pink dust and moonlight as a reminder that they were there.

okay, shit. I'm so so sooo fucking sorry I left for so long, but i have just finished writing my other story (which isn't posted here) and then was the breakup, and then my birthday and hnnnng i just lost track of it, okay?I'm really, really, deeply sorry. so. hm. okay. I hope you enjoyed? and. um. review if you think it's worth it:)
Sign up to rate and review this story