Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It always starts with lockers.

Chapter Two

by insanecousinbenji 5 reviews

Frank wants to get to know his best friend's awkward, basement-dwelling brother.-A Frerard involving Frank and Gerard and delightfully unoriginal highschool frerardiness. Enjoy!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-05-29 - Updated: 2013-07-07 - 693 words - Complete

1Funny
Chapter 2 already! I'm feeling quite productive today (though am procrastinating doing revision by writing this) Please let me know what you think!

The next time Frank saw Gerard was a couple of days later when he went to the Ways’ to watch a couple of movies with Mikey.
Frank and Mikey had walked into the living room, where Gerard had been sitting on the sofa eating chips. He promptly dropped them at the sight of Frank. Frank waved.
Mikey raised an eyebrow.

“Scary bit of the movie.” Gerard quickly responded, not making eye contact and trying to pick shards of potato chip from his fringe.
“You’re watching ‘Scooby-Doo meets Batman’. Mikey observed.
“Nothing else was on TV.”
“Course not. You wanna watch the film with us, Gee?” Mikey brandished the DVD case.
“No thanks, I have to… er..-paint my shoes!” Gerard proceeded to scuttle out of the room, tripping on his untied shoelace as Frank said “See you, Gerard.”
Mikey rolled his eyes.

*

Gerard, Frank had come to notice, was a rather awkward individual.

“You just make him nervous” Mikey had explained, though refused to elaborate further, just giving Frank an all-knowing smirk.

Frank failed to see how he could make anyone nervous; Okay, so maybe he could be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but that was generally something to do with his dry sense of humour and unwillingness to let everybody walk all over him. He wasn't that much of an asshole to Gerard though.

He wished Gerard would stay in the same room as him for longer, he liked Gerard: he was really interesting and clever and dorky and cool and adorably awkard. Not to mention pretty, with Hazel eyes, a little nose and messy dark hair.
Yeah, Frank just went with the flow when it came to his sexuality.

Frank wanted to try and talk to Gerard more; the locker incident having ignited his curiosity, so the next time he ventured out from his basement habitat for supplies Frank pounced.
“Hey Gerard, how’s painting your shoes going?” Frank asked, leaping up from the sofa when Gerard walked through the living room on the way to the kitchen.
“Oh, quite well, thanks” Gerard answered, stopping reluctantly at the kitchen doorway as Frank continued.
“Can I see them when they’re done?”
“uhm.”
“Or maybe I could see some of your other art, because the stuff you had in your locker was pretty awesome and Mikey says you have a lot more.” Frank pressed.
“ erm, I don’t know, it’s not that good.. I don’t always show it to people..er..”
“Aw go on Gee, show Frankie some of your stuff, you know it’s good.” Mikey added, his eyes not leaving the screen of the TV as the zombies disemboweled the man with their bare hands; fake blood splattering everywhere -did they have iron fingernails or something? Because Frank was sure he couldn't do that, and he was alive.
Frank used his most pleading last-puppy-in-the-pet-shop eyes and Gerard gave in.
“Ok.”

Gerard wandered into the kitchen and grabbed a diet coke. Frank followed.
“Uhm, you want one?...”
“Please.”
“Get me one!” Mikey interjected from the living room.”

Frank took two from Gerard tossing one to Mikey as he returned to the living room.
“Fucker!” Yelled Mikey, as the can hit his shoulder, still not peeling his eyes away from the zombie action, despite having seen it with and without Frank at least eight times.

“Come on then” Frank nodded at the doorway connecting the living room to the hallway. “Let’s go downstairs and you can show me your stuff”
Gerard choked on his diet coke, bubbles foaming from his nose and his cheeks going pink. Frank just winked at the older boy, saying
“Show me the art Mr Artist man!”
As he walked out the door, Gerard following him down to his basement bedroom.

I keep having to look over this and try and make the words american xD I know the chapters are short, but it's easier and less daunting for me to write them this way and I can update more quickly.
Sign up to rate and review this story