Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It always starts with lockers.

Chapter Three part one

by insanecousinbenji 44 reviews

Frank wants to get to know his best friend's awkward, basement-dwelling brother.-A Frerard involving Frank and Gerard and delightfully unoriginal highschool frerardiness. Enjoy!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-05-31 - Updated: 2013-07-07 - 791 words - Complete

1Exciting
A/N Ok, so this chapter turned out a bit longer than all the others and it's still not finished, it turned out a bit weird, possibly because I wrote it at around 5am or later, having not slept (I went to sleep around 7am - a bit silly of me) xD So I'm going to split it into two parts and upload the rest of it later. I hope it's Okay!

Frank was bombarded by art of sorts as soon as he strolled into Gerard’s room. Movie Posters through the ages, from Horror to Audrey Hepburn; band posters hanging proudly on the walls, declaring the names ‘Misfits’ and ‘Iron Maiden’ amongst other such wonders; not to mention paintings and sketches and detailed cartoons that Frank recognised as by Gerard’s own hand from his time in the locker.

As Frank stood in awe considering whether now was a good time to propose, Gerard walked into his back and banged his tooth on Frank’s head.
“Ow!” They said together, as Frank snapped out of his trance and rubbed the back of his head.
“Shit! I’m so sorry Frank, I should have looked where I was going, I”
“- It’s fine Gerard, don’t worry about it.”

Gerard continued to look apologetic and started to rub the back of Frank’s head himself, before realising what he was doing, squeaking, leaping away, and tripping over a miscellaneous box.
“I think we’re more than even now, dude.” Said Frank to Gerard as he helped him up from the floor; the older boy red with mortification.

Gerard’s floor was just as interesting as his bedroom walls, though perhaps with more health and safety issues. Maybe that was why Gerard had now taken such a keen interest in it.

“Soooo. Art?” Frank suggested.
“Oh, Yeah!” The artist rushed off the corner of his room where he rustled through papers which may have hidden a desk. While he did this, Frank decided to make conversation.
“So you like Misfits?”
“Oh yeah, they’re one of my favourite bands.”
“Mine too, they’re fucking awesome, man!”

Before Frank could try and add to this small talk, perhaps to make a remark about the weather , Gerard walked over to his bed holding a large pile of paper and canvasses, gingerly sitting down and looking over at Frank to suggest he join him. Not in that way. Not that Frank would have been adverse if he had. Frank plonked himself down on the bed and Gerard Started showing him the pictures.

They were good. Frank didn’t know much about art but he knew they were GOOD, as in italicised in capital letters and bold , underlined, good.
There was all manner of fascinating scenes and subjects: vampires, zombies, superheroes,birds, flowers, Mikey, Dancing, fighting, kissing, murder. And they all contained such unabashed feeling. Frank knew this shit meant stuff.
And when Frank asked questions Gerard gained confidence.

“..So this one, it’s meant to be like this guy’s alive, but he’s dead and the kid and the vampire are him?..”
“Yeah it’s meant to represent innocence corrupted and the way we all turn into monsters sometimes…”
The subject of art seemed to take Gerard into another world as he gushed his thoughts on the matter, gesturing wildly to get his points across. Frank just stared, absorbed, he’d seen Gerard go off on one talking before, but never with only his undivided attention and he hadn’t really noticed to be honest. But there was something artistic about the passion this guy put into his every movement.

“and-“ And Gerard cut himself off and looked at Frank worriedly.
Frank realised his mouth was open and he had been probably staring at Gerard in a get-this-guy-a-restraining-order-quick manner for the last 5 minutes.
“Oh, sorry, I must be boring you..”
“What?! No way man, you’re just like, good at talking, and interesting and shit!”
Gerard looked at Frank in disbelief.
“-and your art’s fucking amazing, dude!”

Gerard blushed and smiled shyly, Frank didn’t know why, he was no art critic, didn’t Gerard win that art award from the school last year anyway?..

It seemed to mean a lot to Gerard though, as he was now grinning as if Billie Joe Armstrong had appeared in his room on Christmas morning wearing nothing but wrapping paper and- well, that’s how Frank would grin in that scenario, he didn’t know about Gerard, he wasn’t even sure if Gerard was into guys.

I know it stops kind of abruptly, part 2 will carry on from there. Please let me know what you think! (like seriously if there's anything wrong with it!)
Sign up to rate and review this story