Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It All Started With Clay S'mores.

Chapter 9.

by HoneyImMagical 2 reviews

Something catches Gerard off guard and results in a fight with one of his only friends.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-01 - 1331 words

2Funny
Gerard left his house chipperly the next day as he headed to the park, Rose on his hip. They headed past all of the lawn gnome homes and walked to the smaller of the two parks their neighborhood had to offer. The park itself was relatively tiny, it had two slides, a set of swings, little things that rocked when kids sat on them, and a wheel you spin that was in rainbow colors. Plus, there was a lake with ducks.

As they approached the giant wheel, they were both surprised to see a couple making out. Gerard was even more surprised when he saw that the people were Tiara and Frank. What? He cleared his throat loudly and they immediately jumped apart.

"Oh, um, hey Way." Frank greeted, chuckling because he rhymed. "Fancy meeting you here. And who's this?" He asked, rising to Rose's level.

Gerard ignored the weird feelings that he was starting to feel, and brushed Rose's bangs behind her ear and out of her face. "Introduce yourself." He said gently.

"I'm Rose." She said shyly, hugging Gerard's neck.

"Nice to meet you, Rose, I'm Frankie." Frank introduced, with an easy going grin. "And you know what?" He asked in a loud whisper.

"What?" She asked, matching his voice. Her tone was full of wonder.

"I'm really good at hide and seek."

Rose squirmed. "Put me down, Gee, I want to play," she demanded.

"Ma'am, yes, ma'am." Gerard smiled, kissing her temple and setting her down. She was wearing a pair of pink shorts with a white shirt and tennis shoes. She was ready for a day at the park.

"Ok. I'm gonna count to 30, and then I'll come look. Alright?" She nodded her head eagerly. As they played their game, Gerard plopped down next to Tiara, who'd been really quiet.

"So you and Frank, eh?"

"Mhmm." She said, more of a hum than a word.

"Since when?" He asked. They'd only gone swimming and gotten yogurt yesterday.

"Last night." She smiled watching Frank and Rose play. Hmm. They sat in silence until Rose ran up to Gerard a few minutes later.

"GeeGee I'm hot." She complained. "I want some ice cream." Gerard sighed.

"Alright, monster." He agreed, scooping her up. "See you guys."

"But Gee, I want Frankie to go too!" She whined. Gerard looked from Frank to Tiara.

"Do you guys want to go too?" He asked. He only gave into Rose because if he didn't, she'd be a screaming, kicking mess.

"Sure." Frank answered, helping Tiara up from the wheel. He engulfed her in a hug wiping his sweaty face all over hers.

"Ew, Frank!" She gasped, laughing and pushing him off. She dabbed the sweat from her face with her shirt, and grabbed his hand. They started walking, and Rose whispered in Gerard's ear.

"GeeGee I don't like that girl."

"Why not?"

"She keeps kissing Frankie." She pouted.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"I wanna kiss Frankie."

"Aww, does someone have a crush?" He chuckled.

*

At TCBY the four shared a table, yogurt equipped. Rose had a colorful selection of three different yogurt flavors and rainbow sprinkles, while the teens had the same thing they'd chosen yesterday. Rose sat across from Frank, and Gerard sat across from Tiara. The whole time there was uncomfortable as the couple sat extremely close together and kept whispering (the real kind, not Rose's version) then soon after giggling. Franks face was still red with heat.

"Hot, Frankie?" Tiara asked, stirring her yogurt.

"Yes." He pouted. Tiara dipped her finger in her yogurt and dotted the tip of Franks nose a light white. She grinned. Frank gathered a spoonful of his... Creative, for lack of a better word, assemblage and flung it at her. It landed on her chest and slid down her low scoop shirt. She squeaked, then covered her mouth and removed the half melted lump and tossed it back at Frank. It landed on his forehead. She giggled.

"I'm sorry, baby." She grinned, grabbing a napkin and cleaning his face. When she was done, she kissed him lightly and grinned. "Better?"

"Much." He said, going in for another kiss. When he got close, she backed up, almost making him fall. He looked up in confusion..

"I have to clean my chest, I'll be right back." She dismissed herself, giggling and smiling. God, this was uncomfortable.

"Anything new with you, Way?"

"You mean since yesterday?"

"You seem bitter. Did I miss something?"

"Do you realize how uncomfortable it is trying to enjoy yogurt when you two won't stop with the obnoxious couple shit?" Gerard asked.

"GeeGee, you swore!" Rose said in horror. "I'm telling Mommy!"

"Sorry, Monster." Gerard apologized. He turned his attention back to Frank.

"Sorry, I guess. Although, you did invite us here... We were perfectly content just chilling at the park." He defended.

"Yeah, we saw that. And I only invited you because Rose wanted you here." Gerard replied in a clipped tone.

"So you cater to a child, now?"

"You know what Frank? The last thing I need right now is this."

"Oh, you're right, Way, because your life is so hard, right? You have a loving mother, a father figure, siblings, and you're well off. Your not starving or hungry or going without or struggling to pay bills or homeless like hundreds of thousands if not millions of others in the world! And you don't even have to work for anything you want! It's all handed to you! What have you ever struggled for? A good comeback to Michael since he's so terrible? Let me ask you this Gerard, does he ever hit you? Does he abuse any of you? No, he's just a dick!" Rose's mouth gaped. "Do you have any chores ever? Anything that's really required of you? Or tell me, do you just sit there and exist? Will you ever do anything for yourself? Fuck you, Gerard. Get over yourself." He spat. Tiara stood by the bathroom door uncomfortably. She'd heard most of, if not the whole thing. Frank grabbed her hand and lead her out.

"Gee, I don't like Frankie anymore." Rose said quietly, yogurt forgotten.

"It's alright, I doubt he'll be around." Gerard said angrily, though he slowly filled with depression. Had he just lost his only friends?
*

"He just makes me so mad. All he does when we hang out together is bitch. And what does he have to bitch about?" Frank asked angrily. They were both in Frank's room on his bed, Frank's head on her lap. Frank strummed his beloved guitar Pansy to random notes.

"I know." She assured him quietly, running her fingers through his hair. She was so over hearing about this. "But let me ask you this," she started. "Do you value Gerard as a friend?" She asked, pushing his hair back to kiss his forehead.

"Well, yes, but he-"

"Yes or no answers only."

Frank sighed, laying Pansy down next to him. He sat up, and scooted back towards her. She hugged his middle, and rested her head on his back. "Yes."

"And is this worth losing his friendship over?" She asked softly.

"No."

"Alright, then. You need to apologize." She whispered.

"And if he doesn't accept?"

"Then you still have me, and the guys in your band." She reminded him.

"True." He agreed. "I'll think about it." He said firmly. Tiara didn't push him further. Eventually the boys would patch this stupid argument up. She hoped.
*

Gerard sat on his bed in his room. He felt awful. He should have just shut up. The flirting wasn't that bad... Ok it was bad, but whatever. Depression was creeping back into him, though not as strong as with Elena. If they didn't make up, he'd have to move on, plain and simple. Back where he started, but with red, trimmed, clean hair this time. That night he did the dishes and mowed the lawn without being asked. Michael actually thanked him.
Sign up to rate and review this story