Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I thought of angels (choking on their halos)

How unexpected

by ItsTotti 0 reviews

Yes it is

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-06-10 - 1821 words

0Unrated
Okay, so lets fast forward a bit, about a month has gone by and i've gotten really close to all of the guys in the band, and unbelieveably Emma's starting to grow on me. So's her little friend, Ginny.
The band had been practising loads and they were really starting to get good, when out of the blue, Pete walked into rehearsal and announced that the band would be performing their first gig.
They'd rehearsed like crazy for 2 weeks straight and the big night had finally come round. It was a small club but it was packed, and the boys were last to play. We drank and danced like mad people, laughing the night away, until they were told to perform.
Patrick was breathing heavily and shaking a little so i gave him a big hug. 'You'll be brilliant.' I told him. He nodded and i let go. Joe was jumping up and down, Andy was fiddling with his drum stick nervously and Pete looked fine.
'You're up! Good luck!' I waved them away with a smile and they climbed on stage. I joined the crowd below them and pushed my way to the front.
'Hey guys, this is our first gig so play nice okay?' Pete said through the mic. The crowd cheered and the began to play. I have to say, they really had impoved a lot. The crowd seemed to really enjoy them, and after a few songs i could tell that the boys were really enjoying themselves.
'Okay guys, so you may have realised that we have no name!' Pete said as he took the mic from Patrick with a grin.
'I was thinking that maybe you guys could help us out with that? So on the count of 3, yell your ideas!' The other band members didnt seem fazed by this, i guessed they'd planned it. '3! 2! 1!' Pete yelled, and the crowd began to scream some of the most outrageous and crappy names i'd ever heard.
The band huddled together onstage and seemed to converse for a few moments. 'Okay guys! Thanks for your help, we now have a name!' Pete announced and the crowd went wild. The girls especially seemed to be enjoying his boyish charm.
'We are, Fall Out Boy!' He yelled at the top of the lungs, and they launched into their final song. Fall out boy? As in the sidekick from the simpsons? Only them.
I danced happily to the last song, and when it finished we all began to scream for more, but i knew that the boys had no more songs to play.
So they climbed offstage to the loudest applause i'd ever heard in a club this small. I had never felt more proud in my life, i felt like a mother hen, even though i'd only helped with a few lyrics and constructive criticism.
'You were AMAZING!' I yelled to them over the crowd. They all gave me their biggest smiles and i embraced each one of them in a fond hug.
'So, to the after party?' Pete asked. We all looked at him confused. What after party? 'At my place! My parents are gone for the weekend!' He explained. We all nodded and followed him out to the car park.
We arrived at Petes to find the party already in full swing. The curtains were all closed but light was spilling out from the cracks, and the music was vibrating the whole house. 'Pete...' I began worriedly.
'Its okay!' Pete told me 'Its just a few friends!' Well you could tell who the cool one was!
We followed Pete into his house and found that it was filled with people, overflowing even. Joe instantly got chatting to some cheerleaders that were way out of his lead, and Andy found himself some pretty cool looking friends in the corner.
This left me and Patrick stood in the middle of the living room looking like plonkers. 'Well Pete knows how to party huh?' I joked. Patrick nodded nervously, after his performance tonight i'd completely forgotten how nervous he gets around people.
'I wonder if his parents know...' He trailed off. 'Its okay Pat! This is what teenagers do! I'm sure Pete can clean up the evidence!' I told him.
'I sure hope so.' Patrick mumbled. 'C'mon! Lets dance!' I more demanded than asked. I took his hand and began to pull him around. 'I cant...' Patrick protested.
'Nuh uh! I showed you some moves at that concert, remember? Show me if you still got it!' I laughed. Patrick smiled timidly but began to attempt some of the dance moved i'd shown him.
I began to laugh. Its not that he was bad, its just that he was so self conscious, and it showed. He just looked adorable!
'Dont laugh!' Patrick said as he began laughing himself. I took his other hand in mine and we just swayed awkwardly. 'Better?' I asked him, smiling.
'Better!' He nodded. 'You know, you look really beautiful tonight.' He said as he looked me in the eye. I tucked a stray hair behind my ear as i smiled up at him flirtatiously. 'You're not trying to chat me up are you? Cause im not into singers.' I joked.
'What? No!' Patrick spluttered. His awkwardness made me grin. 'What are you smiling at?' He asked.
'You. You're cute.' I told him. Our eyes locked together and i couldnt help but feel mezmerized. My heart fluttered as our foreheads touched.
'Well hello there ladies!' Pete yelled in our faces, appearing out of nowhere, making us jump away from each other in shock. 'Hi Pete...' I said, still recovering. 'Oh Pat! Theres this awsome girl thats TOTALLY into you! Go say hi!' Pete said over excitedly, pointing at a cute girl stood by herself.
'Uhm, im okay thanks...' Patrick protested but Pete grabbed him by his shoulders and pushed him at her. ' Just you and me now!' He said with a smile 'Maybe we could go get married?'
'Yeah, if only you could cope with commitment.' I said, only half joking. 'Aha! Yeah!' Pete laughed nervously 'You wanna dance?'
I nodded. I didnt see why not? And im glad i said yes. Pete knew how to dance. Well. It was fun, it was a change from teaching Patrick, and i welcomed it, but i couldnt help but feel this sinking feeling in my stomach.
'Nice moves!' Pete yelled above the music. I smiled at him 'I could say the same for you!' I looked over at Patrick who didnt seem to be having much fun. He was still with the girl, and she seemd to really like him, but he didnt seem so keen.
'Cute arent they?' Pete asked, noticing what i was staring at. 'Uh, yeah.' I nodded, not quite sure of why i wasnt feeling happy for Patrick. He deserved it, he really did.
'Look, Ally...' Pete began, looking sincere but nervous 'I've really enjoyed getting to know you better and... Well, i think that i might've been wrong to do that... Thing, to you when we first met.'
'Might have!?' I exploded, snapping out of my thoughts about Patrick. 'No. No! Thats not what i meant!' Pete defended, holding his hands up. 'I meant that, well, you're a really awsome girl and...' BANG!
The sound came from the kitchen and everyone ran to investigate, including me. I pushed my way through the crowd (i was getting good) to see Joe stood there with a black sooty face, surrounded by a group of unimpressed and slightly sooty cheerleaders.
I noticed that black smoke was pouring out of the microwave, and some sort of goo was dripping down on the inside. Oh Joe...
'Party on!' I heard Pete yell from the living room, then i saw his face appear in the crowd. 'Come on. We need to talk.' He told me, trying to grab my arm.
'Actually, i think i'd better take Joe home.' I said apologetically. 'But it can wait, right?' Pete looked into my eyes intensely for a minute before nodding and snapping out of it.
'Sure! Just make sure he gets home in one piece okay?' He laughed. I nodded and lead Joe through the crowd. 'What happened?' I asked him when we were stood on Petes drive.
'Ugh, i was trying to impress some girls and it went wrong. Remind me never to microwave bubble gum, water, cheese and chocolate at the same time again?' He said, wiping some of the soot off his face.
I laughed. He was hopeless. Just then i saw Patrick squeeze out of the front door and come over to join us. He looked at me and then sniffed the air 'Whats- oh my god Joe! Are you okay?' I exclaimed.
Joe laughed 'Yeah bud! Just lost some babes!' I rolled my eyes and Patrick seemed to calm down at Joes 'dont care' attitude.
'Why didnt you save me?' Patrick asked me. What on earth was he talking about? 'Save you from what?' I asked.
'That girl!' Patrick said, pointing at the house. 'What! Why? She wasnt going to eat you, you know!' I said, smiling.
'Well you never know...' Joe said cheekily. I slapped him gently on the arm and Patrick blushed a deep red.
'But i didnt want to talk to her. I wanted to dance with you!' Patrick protested. 'But i didnt think you liked dancing?' I countered.
'I know but- i dont know.' Patrick mumbled, looking down at his feet. 'Okay then! I think that we had better get Mr flirtatious disaster here, home!' I announced.
We all clambered into the car, feeling worn out from the crazy night we'd had. 'What happened with Pete?' Joe asked on the way to his house.
'What do you mean?' I asked.
'Well, he looked like he was about to tell you something serious. And you know Pete, hes never serious! Is everything all right?' Joe asked.
I nodded 'I think so. Well i hope so. He didnt actually get a chance to tell me.' I explained.
'Well you'd better find out asap, if Petes serious about it, it must be important.' Joe said seriously. So much seriousness! 'But then again, knowing Pete he might just want to ask you to do his laundry!' Joe laughed, lightening the mood.
Patrick and i laughed awkwardly, both of us obviously knowing more than Joe. It's safe to say that after that, it was an odd ride home.
Sign up to rate and review this story