Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

Resting in Peace

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-06-15 - 1964 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

Now I’m not saying Frank’s performance was bad, because it wasn’t it was incredible, it worried how Frank thought it would scare me, but then again he was probably just being sarcastic as usual because it didn’t scare me in the slightest, but it certainly blew me away, I never expected anything like that, anything so aggressive to come out of his fragile mouth, that much noise, that much passion, that much pain to be expressed through his small frame, but he did, and he took up the entire stage as he did so, he expressed himself in a way I’d never seen before and it was incredible, once the song ended Frank bowed to the cheering audience and high fived his former band mates before he jumped off the stage and weaved between the people in the crowd to get to me “Hi…” he muttered breathlessly, beads of sweat were visible on his forehead “I’m gonna go to the bathroom, meet you back at the table?” he asked, I nodded and he ran off toward the toilets and I walked over to the table and sat down, Jamia approaching with another round of drinks…

Frank’s POV

Performing was great, I’ve missed it a lot, especially with the guys, it’s been years since I played with them, I pushed open the bathroom door and walked over to the sinks, I turned on the cold tap and let it run for a while before I cupped my hands under it and splashed my face a few times, it was way too hot in here, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and just breathed heavily, waiting for my heart rate to get back to normal.

“Happy Birthday Frankie.” A familiar voice said darkly behind me, my heart rate which was almost normal rocketed, my eyes burst open and in the reflection of the mirror in front of me there wasn’t just me anymore, I turned around slowly to see if my mind was playing tricks, to see if it was just another panic attack, but it wasn’t, this was far too real and I felt my entire body shut down, I couldn’t move, I could barely breath and the only thought going through my mind was ‘I’m going to die’
he approached me slowly his hands leaning against the pockets of his jeans, an evil grin on his face “Did you miss me sweetheart?” he said darkly, I took a deep breath and spat at him, to which he glared at me and wrapped his hand around my neck tightly and he slammed my body against the mirror behind me and as it shattered, I could feel the sharp edges piercing my skin “If you remember Frank we dated for quite a while, I only took what you owed me.” he stated as if it were a fact, my hands were scratching as his while it was wrapped around my neck and I managed to splutter a distorted “Fuck you.” To which he laughed and tightened his grip around my throat “I told you Frank, I’ll kill you next time.” He whispered, venom lacing his voice, my vision began to blur and I could feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness, my heart rate slowed and my limbs were numb…

Suddenly the grip around my neck vanished and I dropped to the floor, still unable to function, I heard his voice let out a wince of pain and then another new, but familiar voice echoed “Get the fuck away from my boyfriend!” it shouted, I’d never heard Gerard this angry, my vision began to return as the more oxygen was entering my system “Found yourself someone else have you Frank? Look at him Frank he’s as aggressive as I am…he’ll only do that same to you as what I did.” He said shakily, to which Gerard punched him in the face, now I had my vision back, I could see Gerard, I could see the anger and frustration in his eyes, in his face, in his actions, then after a few minutes Gerard dropped him from his grip against the wall and took a few steps back “You’re disgusting.” He whispered before spitting on him, Gerard then turned to me with a different expression altogether, he placed a hand on my face “Are you okay?” he whispered, I looked at him, and I didn’t know what to say “you know what, stupid question, come on, let’s get you out of here.” He said, before scooping me up from the floor and carrying me out of the bathroom bloody bridal style, I saw Jamia standing outside and the expression on her face when she saw me “Frank! Are you okay?” she questioned her eyes shot from me to Gerard “There’s a guy in the bathroom, he’s the one who mugged him before, he tried to make sure he wouldn’t tell…he’s injured but nothing serious I don’t think.” Gerard said calmly, part of me couldn’t believe he was still going with the mugging story but Jamia nodded and grabbed the keys from behind the counter, locking the bathroom door. “I’ll call the cops, you guys should sit down…”

Gerard carried me back to the table and I managed to sit up straight, he slid in next to me and took my hand “I’m so sorry…” he whispered, I shook my head “You have nothing to be sorry about…” I muttered, Gerard shook his head “I shouldn’t have let this happen to you…” he said softly, moving the hair from my face, I breathed heavily “Gerard, you weren’t to know, I’m just glad you were here, if it had happened any time before today, I’d probably be dead…” I pointed out, Gerard grimaced at the thought “don’t say that…” he whispered, but it was true…

“You don’t believe him do you?” Gerard asked “about what he said…because Frank you know I’d never…” he trailed off, I sighed “it’s offensive that you think I’d ever believe anything that ever came out of his mouth…” I pointed out, Gerard smiled slightly and so did I, then Gerard’s face fell again “You’re going to have to tell the truth now, you do realise that, right?” my heart sank even further into my stomach “I know…” I whispered, Gerard held my hand and squeezed it tightly “I’ll be here to support you, because the cops are going to want to know what happened…” Gerard stated, I nodded “I know, but Gerard, if I get to a point where I can’t talk, can you tell them?” I asked, Gerard nodded and kissed my forehead lightly “Yes, I’ll tell them if you can’t…you do realise we’ll have to come clean to your mom too though.” I nodded slowly “yeah…I figured.”

Gerard’s POV

A few minutes of silence went by before two cops came over to the table asking to question us about what happened, luckily Frank managed to tell them exactly what happened tonight, but froze up a little when talking about what happened in the past, he managed though without me having to intervene, I took responsibility for the injuries they found on the guy which included a broken nose and a fractured rib considering I barely touched him, I wondered about what damaged I’d have done if we had a proper full fist fight, I dismissed it and went back to answering some more questions, once the officers had left and Frank had been checked over by a medic we were given permission to leave, we headed outside and saw Frank’s mother waiting eagerly for us, tears in her eyes she ran over to Frank and hugged him tightly “Oh Frankie, James called me after it happened, he said you’d performed together and then you went to the bathroom…and then you…” she stopped talking and she burst into tears, it was now Frank’s turn to comfort his mother “Mom, Mom it’s okay, I’m fine, Gerard stopped him, he saved me.” he stated smiling at me weakly, Linda lifted herself up slightly and looked at me “Thank you Gerard…” she muttered “now let’s get you home, you’ve got a long flight tomorrow.” She stated sounding a tad more cheerful.
Once we were back at Frank’s house, Linda went about busying herself with finishing up Frank’s packing, Frank looked at me before heading into the kitchen where his mother was scurrying around trying to find the scissors “Mom…I need to tell you something…” he said slowly, I walked over to Frank and took his hand in mine squeezing it gently for comfort, Linda stopped what she was doing and looked to her son “What is it sweetheart?” she asked concerned, Frank sighed “Maybe you should sit down…” he whispered pointing at the nearest chair, Linda did so and looked quickly from Frank to me and back again “Sweetheart what’s going on?” she asked, Frank sighed again heavily, preparing himself “Mom…you, you remember when I got mugged?” he said gently, she nodded and Frank glanced to me before looking back to his mother “I lied.” he paused, a confused look on his mother’s face “I wasn’t mugged on the way to James’ house, James, Pete and I went out to The Grind to drink…” his mother’s eyes fell, the disappointment prominent in her gaze “Frankie…” she said, but Frank shook his head “No I’m not done…” he stated, Linda sat back in her chair and waited for him to continue, Frank squeezed my hand tightly before continuing “I-I wasn’t just mugged mom, I was raped.” He said quietly, he looked to me and smiled “I did it.” he said only as a whisper, I nodded as a tear rolled down my face “Yes, you did.” A small, weak smile was resent on my face but I couldn’t be happy knowing the torment going through Linda’s mind

“raped?” she said slowly “Frank, why didn’t you tell me? You’ve lied to me for almost a year…” Frank looked to the floor “Because I felt disgusting, I felt vile and filthy and I felt like a failure, I didn’t want you to hate me…” he stated holding back tears, Linda nodded “I understand but Frank you should have known I could never hate you, you’ll never be a failure in my eyes…”

The next few hours consisted of Frank explaining to his mother that it was because he was raped that he didn’t like touching people and because he stopped talking because his lying and his words had led it to happen to him, he confessed that he constantly blames himself for what happened, even though he knows it’s not his fault, he confessed everything to his mother, and by the time we all went to bed, Frank fell asleep straight away, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look so at peace with his life.



AN~ so I have a new story idea that I really want to get started on, so this sadly, is where I'm temporarily ending this story. I will continue it however I don't know when, it might be a while, it might be a short period of time, I don't know, but I hope you've enjoyed it so far, rates and reviews would be loverly ~BLBH xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story