Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

Wouldn't You Like To See Something Strange

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-06-10 - 4525 words

2Ambiance
Gerard’s POV

Seeing Frank’s expression when he first saw me was priceless, then again anything to do with me spending time with Frank is priceless, I treasure every moment, and knowing that in the next few days, he’ll be coming back to jersey with me, with all of his stuff and he will be permanently living with me, well I say me, meaning my mom and Mikey too but that doesn’t matter, the fact is we can hang out and be around each other as much as we want and for me that’s all the time, I want him around all the time, him being gone made life so…dull, there was no one to have a laugh with, I mean sure there was Mikey, Ray and Bob but I just don’t have the same level of connection with them as I do Frank so not having him around was strange more than anything, but seeing him again makes me happy, I don’t think he knows how much I’ve missed him, I don’t think he knows how much I care about him…then I noticed something.

“You’re not wearing your lip ring…” I pointed out, Frank looked at me confused at first but then smiled “oh yeah, I must have been so excited when I got up I forgot to put it in” he grinned, Frank was gorgeous without it, but his lip ring was his iconic thing, so it was weird to look at him without it, as in my memory I’d always seen him with it…“Frankiee!” I was dragged from my thoughts by the sound of a girl screaming Frank’s name, I turned to look at Frank who was engulfed into a hug by a girl I assumed to be his friend, she had dark purple hair hanging just below her shoulders, black skinny jeans, batman converse and a batman top to match, her blue eyes were wide and when she pulled away from Frank she grinned madly at him “Happy birthday Frank!” she shouted, then her eyes fell to me and they somehow managed to widen even more “You’re….you’re Gerard Way…like THE Gerard Way…” she stammered, Jesus how much had Frank talked about me? he looked at me and blushed, rubbing the back of his head with his hand “Um Gerard, this is my friend Maddy, she’s also My Chemical Romance’s second biggest fan girl, she has a thing for Mikey.” He laughed and she glared at him “I do not have a thing for Mikey shut up Frank! But wait second? Who’s first?!” she asked, he smiled at her and held my hand obviously in front of her “I am you dipshit.” She laughed and smiled at me “well um, it’s awesome to finally meet you, you and the guys are super talented! And Frank’s told me quite a lot about you too.” She giggled to which Frank blushed dropping my hand and looking at the floor, I lifted his head with my hand under his chin so he was looking at me “You should hear how much I’ve been talking about you to Lindsey, I think I’ve driven her insane…” I whispered before kissing him softly on the lips, to which Maddy let out a very unnatural noise that was a mix between a pig squealing and dying seal, Frank and I looked at her puzzled “Sorry guys, but I just, oh my gosh, Frerard much!” she stated, I glanced to Frank “what the hell is Frerard?” I questioned, he sighed “Our ship name…” he answered, I looked at him quizzically “Like Jalex?” Frank looked at me wide eyed “You read that shit?” he laughed, I blushed “I did when I was like fifteen Jesus cut me some slack I was sexually frustrated and didn’t want to watch gay porn okay, smutty band fanfiction was the classy thing to do…” I whispered, frank laughed “I’m holding that against you for the rest of your life okay.” He said with a grin on his face, I pulled him closer to me “Only if I can hold you against me for the rest of my life.” I whispered in his ear, to which he turned his head to look away from me, I smiled and let him go, only to see his face was a bright red and Maddy was standing in front of us grinning like an idiot “Well anyway, I’ll leave you guys to it, I just saw you and thought I’d say happy birthday, nice meeting you Gerard, bye!” Frank smiled and began to wave her off, but I quickly had an idea “Hold on.” I shouted over to her, she turned around and walked back over “yeah?” I smiled “give me a second…” I said pulling an old receipt out of my jacket pocket along with a pencil “frank turn around I need to lean on you.” I asked, he smiled and turned around “Lean on me, when you’re not strong.” He began singing, I shook my head and tried to keep my hand steady while I wrote, once I’d finished I handed the piece of paper to Maddy “What’s this?” she asked, I smirked “A phone number, Mikey’s phone number to be precise, you seem nice and well, he needs a girlfriend…” I trailed off, Frank laughed and Maddy grinned “oh um…thanks!” she said before turning around and walking away again, waving us goodbye. “she seemed nice” I said, Frank was still laughing “nice enough to give her your brothers phone number…” he said, I shrugged “I should probably text him, to let him know I gave his phone number to her…meh I’ll do it later” I finished shrugging.

Frank’s POV

After Maddy left Gerard and I spent the next few hours just sitting on a park bench and talking, much like we used to, we didn’t talk about much, we just got to catch up with each other
“You know I really have missed you…” Gerard muttered after a few minutes of silence “And y’know as we’re going to be living together, I kinda want it to be as the two of us, like, as a couple…” he trailed off staring at the floor beneath us, I smiled anyway “Gerard are you trying to ask me to be your boyfriend?” he looked at me and shrugged “Well, yeah, we never really talked about it before, but we act like we are and I really want us to be…” he sighed and shook his head, before standing up “Look I get it, if you don’t want a relationship, you’ve said that to me before, so I understand if you don’t want to be with me in that sense…” I stood up and shook my head smiling “but if you remember Gerard, after I said that to you I changed my mind, I said that I want to be with you, I want to be yours, and I want you to be mine…for as long as we can be.” I took his hands in mine and smiled at him “Gerard that conversation has been in my mind ever since it happened, I was thinking about it then, when I was in hospital, and on the plane, and every single day since I came back here, I was devastated when I thought I’d have to wait until next year to see you, I wanted to be by your side for as long as possible and the fact you want me to be there with you makes me so happy” I smiled, Gerard looked me in the eye and smiled before pulling me into a hug “You mean the world to me, you really do.” He whispered, he kissed my head gently and pulled away “we should probably get going back to yours, it’s getting late” Gerard said smiling and looking at the sky that was turning a into a pool of splashes of light pink and orange from the sun setting off the horizon, so we walked hand in hand back toward my house making idle chit chat about nothing in particular.
When we got to the house I pushed the door open and my mom greeted us cheerfully “Right, Frank I’ve packed all your stuff into boxes and I’ve put all your clothes into a suitcase, but I do believe Gerard wants to take you out for dinner so I’ve left out some fresh clothes on your bed.” She said smiling, I turned to Gerard “You’re taking me out for dinner?” he smiled and shrugged “Yeah, now go and get changed we have eight o’clock reservations.” He stated, I nodded and ran upstairs, leaving him and my mother downstairs to occupy themselves.

I got into my room and saw the clothes my mom had laid out for me, my favourite pair of black skinny jeans, my tight fitted black flag t-shirt and a black waistcoat, I smiled and started to get changed.

once I had finally got the skinny jeans to go over my butt and I’d done up my zipper, I walked over to the mirror and checked out my appearance, the eyeliner I’d been wearing all day had smudged down the side of my face, well I guess that’s my own fault for wearing pencil and not gel, so I grabbed a makeup wipe and wiped all of my eyeliner off my face, I smiled because for once I felt okay and comfortable to go out without the eyeliner rimming my eyes, I picked up my lip ring from the dresser and hooked it into my lip carefully and I then got a brush and pushed it through my hair, I let it partially cover my face but the rest was mushed back and away, so I didn’t look like I was trying to hide my face away. I had one last look at my overall appearance and decided I looked okay, so I left the room and headed back downstairs.

Gerard’s POV

Saying Frank looked ‘cute’ would be the understatement of the century, because when he came down the stairs his lip ring glinted in the light of the sun coming from the open front door, the waistcoat done up over his shirt outlined his torso perfectly and his skinny jeans just made his butt look amazing, he smiled at me gingerly as if he thought he wasn’t good enough, but I grinned back trying to communicate that he was way too good for me, he blushed and walked over to his mom “Oh sweetie you look beautiful, your eyes look so much nicer without all that eyeliner!” she smiling, Frank gave me a sideways glance which is when I noticed how big his eyes looked without the eyeliner, they were big and childlike, the dark brown swimming with caramel streaks, he looked back to his mom and smiled “thanks mom.” He muttered “Now here is $50, don’t spend it all on crap okay, have a nice time, I’ll be here when you get back” she said giving Frank a hug and giving me a ‘you better keep him safe’ look to which I nodded, Frank then walked over to me and took my hand “You ready?” I asked, he nodded and smiled, we said our goodbyes to Frank’s mom and left the house.

“Gerard why are we walking, we could have got a cab or something…” he informed, I shrugged “I want to make the most of the time we have alone, plus the weather is nice.” I pointed out, he smiled at me and squeezed my hand tighter, I looked to him and smiled in return “You know you look great, I’ve never seen you dress like this before, it’s nice.” I said, frank laughed “you mean you’ve never seen me in a waistcoat before Gerard, I used to wear the jeans and shirt all the time.” I shrugged “well yeah but it makes you look hot.” I stated, Frank blushed “you’re just saying that…” he trailed off, I shook my head “No I mean it, you look amazing, like supermegafoxyawesomehot okay, don’t kid yourself” I finished and Frank laughed, we walked through the streets and saw several groups of kids all dressed up and trick or treating for Halloween, some of them even tried to scare us as we walked past.

I came to a halt outside a small run down looking building and Frank looked at me with a quizzical expression “Gerard, this is a club, I thought you were taking me out to dinner.” Frank pointed out, I looked at him with a smirk on my face “Do you really think your mom would let me take you out if I told her I was taking you to a club?” frank’s eyes grew wide “You lying bastard!” he said laughing “What, I’m not going to take you to some fancy restaurant for us to spend way too much money on food, I want your birthday to be a blast, I want to see you in a club, having a great time, like people our age should.” I stated, Frank smiled again and dropped my hand “thanks Gerard.” He said softly, I smiled and pushed open the door to the club, Frank walked in and I followed, the sound of music filling our ears, and everyone was dressed up to the nines in Halloween gear. A grin spread across Frank’s face as he grabbed my hand and dragged me to one of the empty booths in the far back of the club, he sat down and indicated for me to sit with him so I did and no more than five minutes later a waitress wearing high wasted leather shorts and a shirt and tie with a cat tail and ears to match approached us “Hey boys, what can I- Frank? Frank Iero? Is that you? Gosh I haven’t seen you around here for months! We’ve all been worried, thought what happened was a lot more serious when we didn’t see you for the first month, we’ve never replaced you though Frank, there’s always a spot on that stage for you, okay sweetie? Anyway as I was saying what are you boys drinking, first round is on the house.” Frank sat forward and smiled at the woman, whose name tag said ‘Jamia’ “Jay! I’m flattered I really am, I’ve missed this place but I’m moving away tomorrow, this is kind of my birthday and last day blast I’m having tonight, so sadly I won’t be returning to the stage anytime soon, but thank you, I’ll have the usual and Gerard…” he paused looking to me and I snapped out of my daze “Oh right, I’ll have a Budweiser thanks…” I trailed off, Jamia laughed and nodded “okay boys I’ll be back in a few” she giggled before walking away, I looked to Frank with a surprised expression “If I knew I was in the presence of a celebrity I would have brought disguises!” I laughed, Frank shook his head and laughed lightly “It’s nothing like that, this is where I used to play my lives, I don’t think I ever told you I had a steady gig, but I guess it didn’t matter to tell you, but yeah I played here every Friday night, and the staff know me pretty well, Jamia knows me best though, we dated for a while before I came out, she knew I was gay but she wanted to help me cover it up, because she knew I wasn’t ready, she’s a nice girl, good friend, she’s really misunderstood though.” He finished, I smiled “that’s cool, so did you play your own music or covers?” I asked, he shrugged “I played my own stuff, but I did requests too if I knew the song people were asking for.” I smiled “that’s awesome Frank” he shrugged again “Thanks, but it got kinda boring, it’s not as fun when you perform alone, there’s no one to prat around with on stage…” I nodded in understanding, and then Jamia came back over with our drinks “alright, I managed to get a quick break, so tell me everything!” she said sliding our drinks over to us and sitting opposite us grinning “well there’s not much to tell really Jay.” Frank insisted but Jamia raised an eyebrow “Okay and next you’re going to be telling me fine piece of man you’ve come to the club with is ‘just a friend’ right?” she laughed a smirk on her face, I felt my face heat up a little bit, but Frank smiled “Okay okay, but the fact I have a boyfriend is actually the only news I have, other than the fact I’m moving…” he finished, Jamia grinned at me before looking back to Frank “well I won’t intrude any longer, I should really get back to work, have a nice night boys” she said before standing up and walking away, Frank then looked at me and smiled before taking a sip out of his drink, I looked at the brown liquid in the glass “What is that?” I asked, he smiled “double vodka coke” he answered “it was the only drink they could give me when I performed that people wouldn’t think was alcohol, because obviously I was and still am underage.” I nodded and smiled “so we’re going to have to make our way home completely smashed?” Frank grinned “probably.” He answered taking another gulp from his drink before placing it down on the table, I took a gulp of my own drink and placed the bottle back on the table and looked at Frank who was staring at me “What?” I asked, a smirk grew on his face “nothing, you look really hot that’s all.” I smiled and shook my head “shut up” I stated, I looked over to the dance floor briefly and saw all the people dancing in their costumes to the beat of the music, I was distracted when I felt a weight on my lap, I turned by face back and saw Frank sitting on my lap facing me, his legs either side of mine and his hand were wrapped around the side of my neck, I looked at him wide eyed and the smirk on his face only grew and there was a devious glow in his eyes, the next thing I knew his lips were on mine and we were kissing intensely, my brain didn’t even have to think, I just reacted on the spot, Frank’s tongue invaded my mouth, and our tongues battled together, obviously we’d kissed before but it was never like this, never this heated or passionate, it’s like nothing I’d ever felt before but suddenly the atmosphere of the kiss changed, from being aggressive and passionate, it was now gentle, our tongues barely interacting with each other, Franks arms wrapped around my neck and my hands were snaked around his waist, the kiss ended and Frank leant his head into my neck and neither of us said a word, Frank then climbed off me and looked at me with a small smile on his face “Sorry…I don’t know what happened there…” he muttered, I shuffled over and smiled at him “well whatever it was it was amazing.” I said laughing slightly, Frank turned pink and smiled, we sat like that for a few minutes just looking at each other before Frank looked around the room and smiled at me “I’ll be back in a second…” he said before jumping out from the booth and running over to the bar, I watched him as he spoke to Jamia, after a few minutes of them talking, Jamia turned to someone else behind the bar and whispered something in his ear, the man nodded and nodded his head toward the employee only rooms, Frank nodded and followed him through the doors, I waited for him to return and I simply drank my drink and listened to the music, a few minutes passed and Jamia joined me in the booth “Hey good lookin’, Frankie will be back in a few, he has a surprise for you.” She said winking at me before standing up and walking back toward the bar, I sighed and began to get lost in my thoughts, that was until I heard the sound of a guitar being plugged in and played through amplifier, my gaze fell to the small stage at the side of the room, the music stopped and the crowd stood around confused, the man that was behind the bar then placed the guitar on the stand ready to be played and took the microphone from the stand and addressed everybody
“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we’d like to announce that one of our old live acts has returned to us for one night, I see a lot of familiar faces tonight so I think a lot of you know that I’m talking about Frank Iero!” there was a small cheer from the crowd and then the man went to speak again “Well, not only is it Halloween but it’s also Frank’s birthday and he’s offered to do a few songs, and we’re happy to have him back! So enjoy folks!” he said placing the microphone back on the stand, Frank then appeared out of the shadows and stepped onto the stage “thanks guys, it’s um, it’s great to be back, and thank you for all the support I got from the guys who work here you are like a second family to me, and I appreciate the love you’ve given me over the years, now as it’s Halloween and well my birthday, I’m going to start with a song from one of my all-time favourite movies…”

he grabbed the guitar and threw the strap over his shoulders, he looked over to me and winked, strumming the instrument a few times before beginning to play.

“Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange

Come with us and you will see
This our town of Halloween

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween

I am the one hiding under your bed
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red

I am the one hiding under yours stairs
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair

This is Halloween, this is Halloween

Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song

In this town, don't we love it now
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise

Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can
Something's waiting no to pounce, and how you'll scream!

Scream! This is Halloween
Red 'n' black, slimy green

Aren't you scared
Well, that's just fine

Say it once, say it twice
Take a chance and roll the dice
Ride with the moon in the dead of night

Everybody scream, everybody scream

In our town of Halloween

I am the clown with the tear-away face
Here in a flash and gone without a trace

I am the who when you call, Who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
Halloween! Halloween!

Tender lumplings everywhere
Life's no fun without a good scare

That's our job, but we're not mean
In our town of Halloween

In this town
Don't we love it now

Everybody's waiting for the next surprise
Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back
And scream like a banshee
Make you jump out of your skin
This is Halloween, everybody scream
Wont' ya please make way for a very special guy

Our man jack is King of the Pumpkin patch
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King, now!

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song

La la-la la La la-la la La la-la la La la-la la La la-la woo”

The crowd went wild and danced like hell, practically everyone singing along so that Frank was almost inaudible his voice only slightly louder than that of the crowd, everyone cheered and then a small group of about three or four guys began chanting in the corner “fifth period! fifth period! fifth period!” Frank squinted into the crowd and began laughing “oh would you look at that, my old band mates are here…” to which the ever growing crowd laughed, the group of men got on stage and grabbed instruments and began tuning them, Frank handed his guitar to one of the guys and took the microphone down from its stand “Well apparently I’m playing with these losers again for a song, terribly sorry if anyone goes deaf, and also I’m actually meant to be here with my boyfriend Gerard.” He said pointing at me, to which Jamia walked over and dragged me over to the dance floor where people cheered and patted me on the back for some reason “And Gerard, he’s never heard me ‘sing’ in this way before, so babe feel free to run away with fear whenever you like” he said smiling and winking at me, he turned around to the guys and they all nodded at him he then went back to the microphone “This one’s for all you regulars, who used to come to our shows a when we used to gig, because I’m seeing quite a few familiar faces, so this one’s for you, this is Fifth Period Massacre.” He said bluntly the crowd erupted into a fit of screams while I was still trying to figure out why Frank thinks this next song will scare me away.

It didn’t take me long to find out...

AN~ sorry for the long wait, but yay long chapter, I couldn't stop myself, the next one continues on from this spot but I had to stop myself somewhere so here seemed appropriate, rates and reviews would be awesome! hope you enjoy, I'm also currently working on the next chapter for my fic 'Story of the Lost Boys' so check that out and keep an eye out for the update ~BLBH xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story