Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

This Is The Best Day Ever

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-05-31 - 1812 words

2Ambiance
Frank’s POV

“Happy Birthday sweetheart!” my mom chimed happily as I entered the kitchen, on the table were a pile of pancakes with a little candle in the top “mom you didn’t have to…” I trailed off, but she shook her head “Shut up Frank, you’re eighteen! You’ll be off and leaving me soon! Let me treat you like a child for one last day!” she said happily, I smiled and shook my head before she immersed me into a big hug, when she let me go I smiled brightly at her “sure mom.” She smiled back at me “Now sweetie, I need to go out shopping for something, I’ll be back soon though.” She announced, a devious smile on her face, I nodded “okay mom, see you later.” She kissed me on the forehead and walked out of the house. She’s totally up to something.
I sat at the kitchen table and began to eat the pancakes that were laid out for me.
It’s my birthday, I should at least be happy about it…but for some reason I still feel empty inside, like nothing has changed, but everything has changed…I can do whatever I like now, go wherever I want, be whoever I want to be. I’m not restricted anymore, but why does it feel like all my walls are closing in?

After I finished eating I put the washing up in the dishwasher and headed upstairs, had a quick shower and just sat on my bed, nothing but a towel round my waist and one hanging around my neck, I didn’t really know what to do with myself today, I want to spend time with my friends, go out and have a laugh, I want to see Gerard…but obviously there’s a big problem in the way of that called the rest of America. I hate how we are separated by almost an entire country length.
I hate how we aren’t together in any aspect of the word.
After I finally decided to get dressed, I went back down stairs only for my phone to go off, I
looked at the screen which read ‘2 new messages’ I opened my inbox and saw an unread message from Gerard, a smile formed on my face as I opened it.

Frank! Happy Birthday! Can’t talk now busy, hope you have a fantastic day, I’ll call you later. Miss you –G xoxo

My smile faded slightly, it only reminded me of the distance between us, which made me slightly sad. I went back to my inbox and saw another message from my mom

Hi sweetie, meet me in the local park at 3, I have a surprise for you. Xxx xxx

Intrigued I glanced to the clock to see it was already 2:45, so I grabbed my jacket, my keys and threw on some shoes, before I left the house and made my way to the park
The park? Why would she want me to come to the park? Probably something else to do with this ‘treat me like a child for once last day’ thing, which is fair on her, I feel slightly guilty, I’ve basically told her I’m leaving her ever since I saw her again and all she wants is for me to be her little baby, she’s been worrying about me constantly to be honest, I haven’t had any panic attacks since we came back but being asked ‘are you okay Frankie’ ten times in five minutes gets annoying, I was happy in Jersey and I know my mom only wanted what’s best for me, but she could have just moved to Jersey, then it could have been like the old days, when Gerard and I were kids.

I got to the park to see families and couples and children everywhere, the little kids screamed as they chased each other round, the parents watching over them from a distance, and tucked away in the shade at the edge of the small wooded area were couples sitting, having picnics or just relaxing together, it brought a smile to my face, I looked around and I couldn’t see mom anywhere, so I took a stroll through the park and walked into the woods to avoid the blaring sun and it’s burning heat, I stood for a minute a breathed in deeply, I love the smell of the woods, I don’t know why but it’s just really nice and peaceful, it makes me feel safe and secure, the sound of birds chirping in my ears just makes things even better, I opened my eyes again and went to continue walking when my heart stopped.

My eyes widened and I felt like I couldn’t move, the wave of fear flooding my body, my began heart racing and I felt as though I was going to puke my insides out, it was him, he was here and I was alone, in the fucking woods, and he’s no more than ten metres away from me, my eyes began to water, I couldn’t look away at the fear he’d see me if I did, I stood in silence for what must have only been minutes but it felt like hours, it had been a long time since I felt like this, this scared, this paranoid, this vulnerable, I didn’t know what to do, where to go, I was alone there was no one here for me to run to, what if this time he did kill me…what if he sees me and just kills me. I’d never see Gerard again. Mom would be devastated…

“Frankie” I turned around quickly to see my mom walking over to me, a sigh of relief left my mouth, “Hi mom.” I said happily, I turned around and saw that he was gone, vanished, was it my imagination? Maybe I was just having a panic attack…I guess you could say I’m overdue with one. Yeah that’s probably all it was, I wrapped my arms around my mom and she squeezed me tightly before letting me go “Okay here you go sweetheart…” she said with a smile on her face, but a hint of sadness in her eyes, she handed me a white envelope, I took it off her and looked at it for a minute, slightly puzzled “Open it…” she encouraged, I nodded I began to open it but glanced up at my mother every few seconds and once it was open I pulled out what felt like pieces of paper but when I looked down and read the small rectangular objects my heart skipped a beat, plane tickets to New Jersey, that leaves tomorrow…”Mom, I can’t go tomorrow Gerard and his family are going to Italy soon…wait why are there two tickets? Are you coming with me?” I questioned not knowing exactly what was going on, as more confusion sank in my eyes were suddenly covered “what the fuck? Who the hell is covering my eyes, I can’t fucking see are you fucking crazy oh my fucking god what the fuck is going on?” I finished and there was a silence before I felt gentle breathing next to my left ear “You know you really over use the word fuck.” The far too familiar voice mentioned emphasising the word fuck, I pushed away from the hands that blinded me and turned around to face the owner “Gerard…what are you? When did you… oh come on this isn’t far what’s going on?” I moaned, a pout on my face, Gerard laughed and grabbed one of the tickets from my hand “well if you and your mom went to Jersey I’d be stuck here wouldn’t I dumb ass.” He said waving it in front of my face; I tilted my head “what about Italy?” I questioned, Gerard laughed “You’re so adorable, Mom and Mikey are going to Italy, I’m not going because I’m going to be moving all your shit into our house.” He said smiling; my heart began to race “wait so I’m moving in with you? Are you okay with that? I don’t want to be a burden I mean..” Gerard placed a hand over my mouth “will you shut up already Jesus Christ.” He laughed, I turned around to mom and hugged her tightly “Thank you so much.” I muttered, I felt her sigh heavily “It’s okay sweetheart, I know it’s the thing you wanted most, Gerard and I have been…plotting for the past two months.” She laughed lightly “anyway, I’ll leave you boys alone, I’ll be back at the house if you need me, don’t be back too late boys” she said smiling, I hugged her again one last time before I watched her walk away.

once she was gone I turned back to Gerard “so you’ve been planning this the entire time?” I questioned, he nodded “Yeah, but actually it was your mom that came up with the idea, she called my mom and they talked about it and that’s kinda how it happened” he smiled down at me “so is there a Starbucks ‘round here or what?” he questioned, I smiled and held his hand tangling his fingers with mine “You haven’t changed a bit have you?” I laughed, he shrugged “No not really…but you have.” He said softly, I dropped his hand “what do you mean?” I questioned, he shook his head and leant over so he was eye level with me “I mean you seem a lot happier than you were this time six months ago.” He whispered before placing a small kiss on my lips, but before he could pull away I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer to me “apparently you’ve also gotten very clingy” he said jokingly between kisses “Fuck you Gerard, this is five months’ worth of not seeing you I have to make up for.” He laughed into the kiss “yeah but I’m staying at yours tonight so we can make up for it then, right now I’ve been awake for seven hours and I haven’t had a coffee yet today...” he said pulling away and standing up straight, I laughed and entwined our fingers once again “Okay, it’s this way.” I said smiling and leading him out toward the nearest Starbucks.

This is by far the best birthday I’ve ever had.


AN~ Sorry for the long wait I've been super busy, hope you enjoy it, this chapter is kind of part 1 of 2 the next chapter will carry on from where this one ended
Sign up to rate and review this story