Categories > Original > Romance > Scared To Live. Scared To Die.

The Note

by stashleyrocks 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-17 - 358 words

0Unrated
3 days later

Emma had gone round to Scarlett's house. Scar's mum wasn't coping with the sudden death of her daughter, and had asked Emma to go through her wardrobe to find her suitable funeral clothes.

She rifled around the bottom of Scarlett's wardrobe, hoping to find a suitable pair of shoes.

That's when she found the note.

Dear Emma,
I knew you would find this. Funny isn't it, we haven't been best friends for four years now, but I knew you would be the one that went through my stuff, maybe out of guilt?/]
/]
[/It wasn't your fault though Emma.
/]
/]
[/I know you're probably blaming yourself that this happened. After all, you had laughed and helped spread it round the school that I was suicidal. Every day Nicole abused me, and you just stood by and watched. Sometimes you even joined in.
/]
/]
[/I understand though. You just wanted to fit in, to be accepted. It was something I wanted too. The only real difference between us, is that I wouldn't screw over my best friend to get what I want.
/]
/]
[/You're probably all wondering why I killed myself. You'll probably pin it all down to bullying, and yeah, that definitely triggered it. But it wasn't the cause.
/]
/]
[/When Nicole pushed me in front of a car, that didn't make me want to kill myself.
/]
/]
[/When I got beat up by her gang everyday, that didn't make me want to do it either.
/]
/]
[/When her boyfriend raped me while everyone else at the party laughed, I didn't feel like slitting my wrists.
/]
/]
[/You want to know what really made me decide to kill myself?
/]
/]
[/I asked you for help, and you laughed at me.
/]
/]
[/That's when I really knew I was alone. That's when I knew I was never going to get my old friend back.
/]

Emma stopped reading, she couldn't bear to read on.

She didn't know what to do, protect her new friends, or show this letter to someone so Scarlett really could rest in piece.

She silently apologized to Scarlett, just as she had done four years before.

Then she threw the letter into the fire.
Sign up to rate and review this story