Categories > Original > Romance > Silence

Silver Lining

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

It can finally end (Feels warning!)

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-19 - 1408 words

0Unrated
The trip from Bucharest to London left me jet lagged, but I went straight to the closest phone booth, filling a promise I made. "Francis?" Marica answered thephone on the first ring.

"Oui Mari. I am in London." I yawned. She laughed. "I should go find Arthur."

"Da. Go get your man! And call me even you're not 'busy'." She chuckled.

"Goodbye dear." I hung the phone up and hailed a cab. It took me to Arthur's house, which was about a block away from the castle. "Thank you." I paid the cabby and climbed out, my heart racing.

My legs moved stiffly up the small path of stepping stones to his front door. I stood there, staring at the black door.

Finally, after about a minute, I knocked. There was a sound from inside, making me jump. I clenched my hands together.

The door opened and there he was. My heart swelled with happiness. "What, did Vlad let you go?" He leaned against the door.

"No. We are friends." I said softly. His hands clenched into fists.

"Stupid blood sucking wanker!" He snarled. He started to close the door.

"Arthur, I'm sorry!" I said quickly. He froze for a long momentbefore he looked at me.

"What did you say?" He asked, his eyes sparkling.

"I'm sorry. I've apologized to Lucas and Vlad as well." He opened the door back up. "Arthur, I'm sorry for everything I've ever done or said to you. Especially at school."

"What brought this on? What did Vladimir tell you?" He crossed his arms.

"He told me nothing. I saw a lot though. In his memories." He took an actual step back. "Qua?" I asked, not sure what that reaction meant.

"Y-you saw his memories?" He asked. I nodded. "But...only beings with magic in their blood can see a vampire's memories through a bite." My heart started beating faster. "Then that means the spell couldn't have taken to you. So you really..." Tears welled in his eyes.

He threw himself at me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as a reflex. "Oh God Francis I'm so sorry!" He cried into my chest. I stroked his hair.

"Arthur." I whispered his name. He looked up at me, tears still on his face. I smiled and wiped them away with my thumb. "I love you. Je t'aime." I whispered.

Tears rolled out of his eyes and down his cheeks. "I love you too." He kissed me.

And I didn't black out. I held him tightly, not letting go willingly. His body was warm.

Something I want used to after spending thirty years with two vampires. It felt amazing, his lips against mine. Like my life was now right.

I pulled back and picked him up, carrying him into the house. His face was bright red when I sat him in the chair, throwing my leg over him. "I'm sorry." He said again.

"That's my line." I smiled and kissed him again quickly, my arms resting on his shoulders. "So where do we stand now my love?" He blinked up at me. "You magical beings not explaining things to me sucks."

"Well, you're not cursed. You never were, it seems." He held me tighter. "God I don't know how you can even look at me after what I've said and done " he shook his head slowly. "I beat the crap out of you, Francis!" His arms tightened around me again.

"Arthur, look at me." I said sternly. He lifted his face out of my chest, his eyes full of worry. "My time with the vampires taught me a few things. Mostly things I wish I could forget, but a few are okay. Do you know what they are?"

"No." He whispered. I smiled and cupped his face in my hands. "I'm sorry I left you there." He whispered.

"I'm glad you did love." His face went blank. "I made two new friends. And I finally understand what was needed of me to make things right." I kissed his cheek. "But, mostly, I learned what it was like."

"What what was like?" He asked, his voice afraid. I ran my thumb over his lips lightly.

"What it's like to be a vampire. They're so different." I shook my head. "Vlad would answer a question I asked in one way and Mari would answer it with something else. They are so secretive and wary when I was there for the first couple months."

"But I got to see why." I swallowed. "Vlad had a bit of an accident and needed blood. Mari and I helped him and he healed. But,and while he was...you know...I saw his-their- past with humans. Every human either of them got close to, they were all lying. They were trying to kill them."

"I...I didn't know that." He looked at me. "But Vlad and I are so open with each other." I gave him a soft look.

"Because you're not a normal human, dear." He stared at me. "Remember when I came to your ship all those years ago?" He nodded. "Do you remember what you told me?"

"That if you'd accepted magic, you could see it." I nodded. "But what does that have to do with anything?"

"Normal humans don't accept magic." I looked him in the eyes. Understanding lit in them. "See? You and I are a part of the magical world. Or Vlad wouldn't have gotten close to us. Neither would Mari."

"You got so smart." He sighed. I laughed. "We should go see them." He started.to move me off of him.

"Let's go later. I just left." I hugged him to me. The yawn I've been holding back slipped out.

He laughed and slid me off of his lap. "Then let's go to bed." He picked me up in his arms. "Then we can start putting weight on you. You've lost a lot."

"I know." I sighed, wrapping my arms around his neck. He laid me in his bed and covered me up. "Stay." I caught his hand.

Smiling down at me, he lifted the cover and slid in next to me. I hugged him close and kissed his neck. Good night. I love you."

He kissed my hair. "Je t'aime." I looked at him, my face shocked. He smiled.

"You spoke French!" I smiled. His cheeks went red.

"Don't get used to that." He said softly before he kissed me. "You can get used to that, though." I buried my face in his chest and smiled. "Sleep love. I'm not going anywhere."

The words I've waited for so long to hear... Tears rolled out of my eyes onto him. They were happy tears.

I fell asleep in his arms and I felt his heart beating. This is the start of forever. Not what he said back then.

This is our forever.






Finally finished this! Woo! Sorry it took so long. And here is a short list of why.

I've been getting ready for AFW. Made a whole new cosplay, which took about a week.

Late June to mid July is always busy in my house. We have Riverfest, two birthdays, Father's day, my parent's anniversary, the Fourth Of July, and AFW. And, on top of all that, I'm going to Texas and possibly Washington this year.

Traveling plans need to be made. I've gone to Texas before, but I don't remember going to Washington (twas a baby then), so I don't know what I need to take or how long we're gonna be there.

Throwingstones is having our first photoshoot in about four weeks and I get to plan the whole thing. Which means I have to orchestrate about twenty teens in the same place to do what we need them to.

And for those of you wondering, I'll be in Killeen Texas and, if it happens, Seattle Washington. But, like I said, I don't know if the Washington one is gonna happen.

Oh, and for those of you going to AFW, my cosplay list has changed. I'm still doing the OC and Prussia, but instead of doing Irene from Blood+, I'm gonna be Rose Lalonde one day. If you wanna see me, I'm gonna be a volunteer all three days for three hours checking if people have their badges and stuffs like that.

And I should go and start doing stuff. So, R+R and all that!

Hugs and Raisins,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story