Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > TERRA

Prom?

by AzelmaandEponine 0 reviews

Raven asks Gar for a favor, which he agrees to and does.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Beast Boy,Raven,Terra - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-06-23 - 815 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or Carrie.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Raven was sitting in Gar Logan’s car after detention. Miss Smith hadn’t been kidding when she said she was going to run them ragged—Raven couldn’t remember a time when she had sweated more in her life. Kathryn hadn’t been there, just like she had said, but that wasn’t Raven’s problem. As Gar reached out to start the car, Raven spoke.

“Gar? If I asked you to do something for me, would you do it? No matter what it was?” Raven asked. She had to ask him to do this now, before she lost her nerve. She’d thought about it all weekend, this was what she wanted.

“Of course, Raven. I love you,” Gar said. “What is it?”

Raven took a deep breath.

“I want you to take Terra Markov to the prom,” Raven said.

There was a moment of silence. Then Gar said, “WHAT?”

“What’s the problem?” Raven asked.

“You want me to take Terra Markov to the prom? I know you’re trying to make up for what you did, but this is crazy.”

“Why?” Raven said. “I’m just trying to do something nice for her. How is that crazy?”

“It’s like something out of a movie,” Gar said. “What do you think this will do for her?”

“It will make her happy,” Raven said. “She could fit in.”

“Raven, I’m not sure taking her to the prom will help her fit in.”

“Maybe it won’t,” Raven said. “But I know it would make her happy. She has a huge crush on you.”

“She does?” Gar said. “I never noticed!”

“Shocker,” Raven muttered. “Gar, please. It’s the way I want it.”

“Okay,” Gar said. “I’ll ask her.”

Raven smiled at him. She had been pretty certain he’d do it, since he’d do pretty much anything she asked him to, but there had been some part of her that had doubted he would agree.

“Thanks,” she said.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

On Monday night, Terra was sitting on her bed, trying to levitate her dresser. Her powers had grown much more powerful at a very quick rate. The dresser was hovering a few millimeters off the ground. It was heavy. She used her powers to gently let it down.

“Terra?” her mother called. “Have you said your prayers yet?”

“Yeah,” Terra called back. This was not true, but her mother didn’t need to know that. She levitated her dresser again, and got it up a bit higher this time. Terra smiled faintly. She was definitely improving.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

From Prom Night: the Case of Terra Markov by Victor Stone.

A lot of people say that Raven Roth was part of the plot to humiliate Terra at the Prom. A few people even say that Gar Logan was in on it. I knew both Raven and Gar, and can say that neither of them were in on the plot to humiliate her on Prom Night. I am certain both had good intentions, of course, but Raven asking Gar to take Terra was part of a deadly chain of events that ended in disaster.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Terra?”

Terra, who was studying a school book in the library, looked up. It was Gar Logan. Her stomach did a flip-flop. Gar Logan was talking to her. His green eyes held a nervous look.

“Yes?” she whispered.

“Um…well, I was wondering if you don’t already have a date for the prom, would you like to go with me?”

There was a moment of silence while Terra struggled to find her voice.

“What?” Terra said once she found her voice, certain she’d misheard him. There was no way Gar Logan would ask her to the prom.

Other students were watching them curiously, Jade Nguyen, Rose Wilson, and Angel Robertson--all of whom were members of Kathryn Walker's clique--among them.

“The prom,” Gar continued, sounding more nervous by the second. “I know this is a late notice since it’s Wednesday, and tomorrow is the last day they sell tickets, but—“

“I don’t like tricks,” Terra said softly. “I’m not stupid, you know! You all can’t go on tricking me forever!”

“It’s not a trick. I’m asking you because I want to go with you.”

“You have a girlfriend. Raven Roth,” Terra said.

“Raven doesn’t want to go,” Gar said. “She was okay with me taking you.”

Terra bit her lip. She hesitated.

“I’d really love to go,” she said softly.

“Then go,” Gar encouraged. “It’ll be so much fun.”

“No,” Terra said. “They’ll all laugh at me.”

“No they won’t. I won’t let anyone laugh at you,” Gar said. Terra swallowed. Finally, she nodded.

“Okay,” she said. “I accept.”

Gar beamed. Terra had never felt happier in her life.
Sign up to rate and review this story