Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Undercover Lover

I See The Light

by SuperShocker- 0 reviews

Final day of the tour

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-06-24 - 1223 words

0Unrated
I’d arranged to go to Roxy’s van once we’d finished our set, so I could spend our last night with her and Summer. It hadn’t really dawned on me that I wouldn’t be seeing her again until Ray was running through tomorrow’s schedule with us all. On the drive down to Reading, Gerard was keeping Summer occupied with countless different activities whilst I was in the bunk area with Roxy, who was reading her case notes, whilst we caught up.
“So what are your plans after here?” She looked up from the highlighted text, her glasses perched on the tip of her nose.
“I think we’re taking a much needed break before hitting the road again.” I smiled pushing them back up her nose, as she smiled.
“That’ll be nice for you guys then to have time off. I can imagine it gets tiring, and dirty.” She laughed, “I mean I’m already contemplating robbing somebodies hose pipe for a shower.” Her smile matching the giggle that she let slip.
“You get used to it, I must admit though it does get rather stinky on the bus coming to the end I mean with us all.” I smiled stroking her hair behind her ear, before leaning in and kissing her softly.
“We shouldn’t.” She pulled away after a while. “It’ll just get harder to say bye again.” She whispered looking down at her papers again.
“Not if we don’t have to say goodbye.” I lifted her chin up to look at me.
“How would that work? We just don’t see each other tomorrow?” She asked, confusion covering her face.
“I meant I stay here. With you and Summer.” I moved my hand up to stroke her cheek.
“Frank we both have commitments in our home countries, it would never work.” She spoke what I knew deep down was right. “You staying with me for longer is just delaying the inevitable.”
“We can work something out. I don’t want to lose you again Roxy. You have no idea how hard it was last time, and I was younger then.”
“Frank I do have an idea. I didn’t want to leave you. I never wanted to leave. I only ever wanted you.” She whispered, “but just because we couldn’t then doesn’t mean that we can now. We’re older we have responsibilities now. You have the band. I have Summer and the law firm.” She looked up at me.
“I’d give up all my responsibilities for you both. Roxy I just want you and Summer in my life.” I pulled her close as her eyes began to glaze.

We finished our set and I quickly went back to get changed, wanting to spend as much time as I could with the two girls before we left. I knocked on the door and waited for a while deciding to let myself in when there was no answer. I heard her soft voice coming from the front of the trailer and when I walked there I saw her brushing Summer’s hair singing a song from the Tangled Soundtrack.
“Flower gleam and glow.” Her soft voice sang as Summer sat smiling, enjoying the attention she was getting.
“Mum will you do Mother knows best after please?” She held the please, to convince Roxy after she finished one song.
“I suppose so, only because you were such a good girl today.” She smiled still brushing the young girl’s hair.
“Look at you as fragile as a flower,
still a little sapling just a sprout,
you know why we stay up in this tower.” She started singing as Summer moved off her knee letting her get up, so she could act out the film.
“Mother knows best,
take it from your mumsy,
on your own you wont survive,
sloppy, undressed, immature, clumsy,
please they’ll eat you up alive,
gullible, naive, positively grubby and a bit well, um, vague,
plus I believe getting kinda chubby,
I’m just saying ‘cause I wuv you.” She bounced around the small space just as Mother Gothel does in the film, pointing at different parts of Summer, who was laughing watching her.

“Wow! Didn’t realise you knew every word to the film.” I laughed once she’d finished. Roxy turned round smiling slowly, “I did knock but there was no answer, now I know why.” I walked over slowly.
“Hey you,” I smiled ruffling Summer’s hair softly.
“Now you can sing I See The Light!” Summer shouted excitedly, looking up at us both.
“Summer baby, Frank might not know the words and he might not want to remember.” Roxy looked at her slowly.
“Luckily for you, I do know the words.” I said picking her up, “and I’m pretty sure I want to sing it if your mum does.” I smiled as she quickly turned to Roxy with wide eyes.
“I promise to go straight to bed if you do mum, pleaseeeeeeeee!” she looked up at her with the cheesiest grin she could muster.
“Fine, but just remember your promise young lady.” She laughed as we sat down. Summer on my knee waiting for her mum to start.

“All those days, watching from the windows,
All those years, watching from the outside looking in,
All that time never even knowing, just how blind I’ve been.
Now I’m here, blinking in the starlight,
Now I’m here suddenly I see,
Standing here it’s all so clear,
I’m where I’m meant to be.
And at last I see the light,
and it’s like the fog has lifted,
And at least I see the light,
and it’s like the sky is new,
And its warm and real and bright
and the world has somehow shifted.
All at once everything looks different
now that I see you.” She sang softly, looking at me her eyes glossing over.

“All those days chasing down a daydream,
All those years living in a blur,
All that time never truly seeing,
Things, the way there were,
Now she’s here shining in the starlight
Now she’s here suddenly I know
If she’s here it’s crystal clear,
I’m where I’m meant to go.” I sang Flynn’s bit, meaning it more than I thought I would. We carried on until the end, Summer smiling all the way through it.
“That was amazing!” She cheered hugging us both. “Ok I promised I’d go to bed, so goodnight mum.” She kissed her cheek, “love you.” She smiled before hugging me. “Goodnight Frank.” She smiled grabbing her teddy and walking into the bedroom area.

We waited until we heard her snoring quietly before we started to talk, I was about to apologise for before until she stopped me and kissed me gently on the lips.
“I don’t want to lose you Frank. I just need time to sort everything out.” She whispered holding my hands softly in her lap. “I want there to be a us.” She whispered, crying softly. I hugged her to me tightly.
“Have all the time you need, I’ll be waiting for you.” I whispered stroking her hair, letting her cry in my chest softly.
Sign up to rate and review this story