Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

The Champion

by ukeueue 0 reviews

Xena was always a champion.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: Gabrielle, Xena, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-03 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 327 words - Complete

0Unrated
8. The Champion
6 May 2006
Gen

The traders' caravan pulled into Poteidaia amid shouts of welcome and excitement. Gabrielle could not possibly keep still, as her mother instructed. Her mother's admonitions had become increasingly inhumane, Gabrielle decided, ever since her mother told her that she was going to have a little brother or sister. She walked slowly everywhere now, a hand on her big belly. Gabrielle took four steps for each of her mother's, running back and forth around her mother's skirt.

She stopped suddenly, her attention caught by the black-haired girl carrying a basket nearly as tall as she out of a wagon, followed by a blond boy who looked like he was Gabrielle's age.

Without a thought, she followed them. The girl put down the basket carefully and collapsed against it theatrically. Gabrielle giggled and peeked into the basket.

"Ick," she said. "Fishes."

"Hey, what're ya doin here?" The blond boy frowned at her.

"I live here. What're you doin here?"

Before the boy could respond, a big boy that looked like he was almost twelve standing near the next wagon reached out and pinched him on the arm.

"Aaaaoooowaaooo!" wailed the smaller boy, clutching at his arm, but the other boy had already run a bit away and picked up a big sack, pretending that he'd been holding the sack the whole time.

Gabrielle took in a big breath, ready to yell that she saw the big boy doing the pinching, when a dark-haired blur zeroed in and gave that boy a punch that knocked him onto the ground with blood running out of his nose.

"Xena!" A lady with curly brown hair grabbed the girl by the arm and pulled her away towards the wagon.

Before the girl disappeared into the back of the wagon, she turned a bit and looked at Gabrielle, her clear blue eyes glowing and a triumphant grin on her mouth.

They shared a roll of the eyes that said, "Parents."
Sign up to rate and review this story