Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Five Stages

Intoxication

by Silverone 0 reviews

Series of Taki/Sakano fics done for the stagesoflove comm on live journal, set to the the five stages of love. Theme 1, Attraction: Drinking leads down strange paths.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-25 - Updated: 2006-03-26 - 478 words

-1Boring
"Well, you know, I'm available, unlike Seguchi." Sakano had just stared at Taki, as the vocalist tossed back a glass of whisky. It was the strangest thing Taki had said to him since they'd started frequenting the same bar and that was saying a lot. It had been a coincidence the first few times they'd met, but after awhile, the meetings and the conversations that had followed had become something Sakano looked forward to. They talked about almost everything, ranging from the weather to pornography. Whenever they got to the inevitable topic of Tohma, a fight would usually start and one would leave in a huff, but it was usually forgotten the next time they spoke.

Despite Taki's views on his boss, Sakano enjoyed the routine. Routine was what he lived for and it wasn't every day that someone like Taki acknowledged him. Of course, this kind of acknowledgement wasn't what he'd been expecting. "What do you mean by available?"

"What do you think I mean?" There was silence, Sakano too mortified to even admit what he thought Taki meant. "Never mind, you..." Taki mumbled the rest to himself and Sakano decided not to ask, downing his own drink.

Of course, why would Taki mean that? And if he had, it was only because of intoxication, not because he thought Sakano was worth it. Which was actually just a little irritating. "If you have something to say, say it to my face."

Taki set down his glass and swiveled around in his seat so that he was facing Sakano. He then rested a hand on Sakano's arm. "You need to either stop saving yourself for him or stop whining about your love life. I personally think option one is the better choice."

"You're offering yourself up to me?" Taki narrowed his eyes at Sakano, causing him to flush. "Well, when you say available, you mean..."

"Idiot. What makes you think I'd waste my time talking to you if I wasn't interested?" Taki turned away from him, looking off to the side, sulking as he often did when he felt he'd been snubbed.

At that moment, Sakano's heart was jumping to his throat. He didn't know if he should be offended or elated by those words. Plus, Taki not being sober made things more problematic. Before he could think it through though, Sakano found his mouth working on its own. "Then how about a date next Friday? I mean, it'd be nice to see you when you're not drunk."

He thought he saw the back of Taki's head nod and took it as a yes. And then Sakano ended up ordering at least five more glasses of scotch, not able to believe what he'd just done. Maybe it had been the alcohol talking, but in retrospect, what Sakano had just said topped anything Taki had ever said to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story