Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Five Stages

Ends and Means

by Silverone 0 reviews

Theme: Romance

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-08-03 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 496 words

0Unrated
Title: Ends and Means
Author/Artist: Silvermagess
Theme: Five Stages of Love-Romance
Rating: PG
Length: 500


The last thing Taki had ever planned on doing was asking Sakano out on a date. The guy was his drinking buddy of sorts, so why tamper with a good thing? That ship had sailed the moment the singer had gotten a few beers into him and decided for some reason that Sakano was cute. It wasn't the worst thing that Taki had done, though it wasn't the smartest thing either.

Once he'd gotten done cursing himself out, Taki picked up the phone and made reservations at one of the most expensive restaurants in town. And on the actual day, he made sure to buy flowers and wine, not sparing much expense. After all, if he was going to do this, he was going to do it right.

Which proved to be difficult on account of the fact that disaster seemed to follow Sakano everywhere. Or rather allergies, as the man seemed to be allergic to everything. The flowers stuffed him up and something in the food at the restaurant caused him to break out. Needless to say, the night hadn't gone as well as Taki had planned. Despite himself, he'd ended up demanding another date, more out of an attempt to make things right and not because he wanted to.

Of course, Sakano continued finding some way to screw things up, which lead to more things. Taki was obsessive and slightly perfectionistic, so he could do no less than keep at it. Of course as with all obsessions, it wasn't too long before Taki forgot what the original end had been, since he was so focused on the means.

Now, Sakano didn't always mean to mess things up. He would have been perfectly content with the one date, which had been a disaster anyways. It was Taki who kept insisting on things being perfect. Which Sakano came to like, because it was normally he himself who was being so nitpicky. It was nice to be the one fussed over for a change. So much so that he came to fear when it would end, when that perfect date would be achieved.

So occasionally, he found himself doing little things to sabotage it. Like being late or pretending that a gift, while appreciated, wasn't exactly what he wanted. These, coupled with the unintended disaster that came natural to Sakano, were more than enough to extend the time they had together.

There were moments where Sakano felt a little guilty about manipulating Taki like that, but he always reminded himself that the ends justified the means. That was what he'd learned from Tohma Seguchi and he wasn't going to argue with the lesson's results. Because that fact was, he'd gone from being alone almost every Friday night of his life, to having every weekend booked. Even if Taki did complain about it the whole time, a night out was a night out.
Sign up to rate and review this story