Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break

It Doesn't Matter if the Words Don't Mean a Thing. You're Gonna Kiss That Ring

by IloveMCRmy 1 review

“You want the truth?” she looked at me and moved some hair out of her face again leaned closer to me.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-07-01 - 1250 words

0Unrated
Chapter 31: It Doesn't Matter if the Words Don't Mean a Thing. You're Gonna Kiss That Ring

Frank’s POV:

Well it seemed as if all was normal in the world again. Gerard and I were best friends again; he and Rachel were back together. I hadn’t really spoken to Rachel since New Year’s, I wasn’t angry with her. I just wanted to keep my distance if I wanted my feelings for her to go away completely. I had been spending most of my days in the library, just keeping to myself. I was looking through bounds of sheet music looking for some new stuff to play on my guitar. It was so quiet that the sound of my ruffling through the papers seemed to echo through the room. The library was surprisingly full considering it was after school hours. Like I said before I just wanted some time to myself, and I knew none of my friends would think that I would be here.

“Wanna do that a little louder.” I heard a voice chuckle. I looked up from the scattered sheets of paper and saw Walker standing in front of the table.

“Walker, hey!” I said a little too ecstatic for the lady at the front desk, who immediately shot me a death glare. I blushed and just smiled at Walker.

“Hey.” She smiled and moved her dark hair out of her face and sat down across from me.

“So I never see you here, and I am in here a lot.” She confessed.

“Well you know I have been doing some soul searching. The meaning of life, finding my purpose, all that good stuff.” I smirked at her. “The library doesn’t really seem like your scene.” I said. Walker was so outgoing when I had met her. She didn’t seem like the type to sit in a library.

“Oh so you are making assumptions Iero?” she cocked her eyebrow at me.

“No, I jus—“

“Relax, I am just kidding. Actually I am a bit of a loner. I really don’t care to be around people, they all either seem to leave me or just fuck shit up. So I prefer just to keep to myself. Things are easier that way.” She glanced at the floor. It was silent for a minute before she spoke again. “Wow that was depressing, I swear I am not one of those pessimistic sad girls who want to be saved.” She said mockingly and laughed.

“Don’t worry about it, we all have our moments, but did you have fun at Bob’s the other night?” I asked trying to make conversation; I didn’t want her to leave.

“You want the truth?” she looked at me and moved some hair out of her face again leaned closer to me. “That was actually one of the best parties I have ever been to.”

“Well that’s the goal of a Bob Bryar party.” I laughed as I started to clean up the scattered papers that were covering the table.

“Well he succeeded. I had a hangover from hell the next day. But from the way you were acting I gather yours was way worse than mine.” She smiled slightly.

“Fuck I was hoping you would forget about all that.” I could feel my cheeks turn red from embarrassment.

“Oh because it’s so easy to forget you taping your beer cans together to a make a wand and trying to ‘duel’ people as you called.” I placed my head into my hands as Walker laughed herself to tears.

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I said sarcastically.

“It’s all good, I thought you were cute.” She blushed and met my hazel eyes with her dark brown ones.

“You thought?” I raised my eyebrow.

“I think, I think you are cute.” She corrected herself and grinned.

“Walker, would you wanna maybe hang out sometime? I would like to hang out with you where I can speak to you louder than a whisper.” I could feel my palms get sweaty, but
I had a feeling I really didn’t have anything to worry about.

“Yeah, that would be great.” Her eyes lit up and a smile sparked its way across her
face.

“Okay, okay.” I couldn’t think of anything else to say, I was feeling hopeful. “I’ll
call you?” I said as I gathered my stuff and was about to leave.

“Frank aren’t you forgetting something?” she smirked.

“Oh yeah. I need your number.” I smacked my forehead lightly.

“That you do.” She wrote her number on a sheet of paper and slid it over the table to me.

“Thanks, I will call you.” I smiled widely as I walked out the door with some pep in my step.

I walked out into the empty hall way; I could hear the air flowing through the school.
I was looking through some of the sheet music I had grabbed from the library excited to learn them and even more excited for my date with Walker.

“Ow!” I exclaimed as my walking was stopped because I bumped into something.

“Oh my god I am so sorry.” I heard a familiar voice as I dropped to the ground to pick up my sheet music that had fallen to the ground.

“No, really it’s..Rachel.” I breathed out and sat on the ground. “What are you doing here?”

“Frank, hey, oh I just had some stuff to take care of… how are you?” she asked, I could tell she didn’t want things to be awkward. Even though they already were.

“Good, just been really busy. So I hear you and Gerard got back together?” I wasn’t going to beat around the bush, we had to have this conversation at some point.

“Yeah, yeah we did. I was gonna talk to you about it. I just got—“

“Rachel spare me, it’s really okay.” She sank down to the floor and started to help me pick the papers up.

“No, let me explain myself.” She interjected and I looked up into her big brown eyes and could see the hints of green flickering through them.

I didn’t say anything, I had said everything that I needed to say. So I just waited for her to speak.

“I do/did feel something for you. But there is something about Gerard that just ropes me in, and no matter how hard I try I can’t seem to shake it. But I want you to know that I do care for you and I will always be there for you as a friend.” I picked up the rest of the sheet music and she stood back up and I followed suit.

“Yeah, yeah, I know he’s so mysterious and confident blah blah. But really it’s fine, don’t worry about it. Friends?” I held out my hand and she grabbed it and shook it.

“Friends.” She smiled widely. “Okay so I will see you later friend.” She turned on her heels and walked down the hall way.

“Goodbye Rachel.” I smiled softly and continued to my car.

It felt good walking away and not feeling a heart wrenching pain of wanting a girl who couldn’t return my feelings. I was glad to finally be able to start moving on, and I was excited.

A/N: Hey I hope you guys liked it (:
Sign up to rate and review this story