Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Ae you Afraid of The Dark?

Chapter 2

by BlueViolet_Mourning 0 reviews

carry on reading please? :)

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2013-07-03 - Updated: 2013-07-03 - 804 words

0Unrated
Here it is! Chapter 2!! It's better than my first fanfic-i hope- so i hope you haven't got bored yet! Please review and stuff, i would love to know what you think!! :)

'Oh god...' Brianna sat up, rubbing her head. 'Where am I?'
She looked around, she was in a room that was high and wide, at the centre was a control panel covered with humming machinery that was throwing its alien green light around. The walls looked cold and hard, and the support beams on the ceiling seemed made of some kind of coral than metal. Standing at the control panel was The Doctor, concentrating fiercely on a screen in front of him.
'Doctor?' Brianna called across the room. 'Where am I?' He looked up and smiled, relieved.
'Nice to see you've woken up.' he said. 'You gave me a fright, you know.' Then Brianna remembered, and tears flooded her eyes.
'Mom and dad..' she said. 'Are they really...dead?'
'I'm sorry, Brianna.' he shook his head. 'There was nothing I could do.' He went over to her, knelt in front of her and looked into her eyes.
'I'll protect you now.' he said softly, but Brianna still didn't trust him. She didn't trust anybody. She got distracted when he pulled a small, slender device out of his pocket and flashed it into her eyes.
'What was that?' she asked, as he returned it.
'It's called a Sonic Screwdriver.' The Doctor explained. 'It can do just about...ANYTHING.'
'Well, what the hell were you doing with it?' Brianna frowned, he smiled at her anxiousness.
'It was doing a medical check.' he said. 'Looking for, i dunno, phsycological damage or something.' Then she looked worried. 'Don't worry.' he reassured her. 'You're fine.'
'Where am i?' Brianna took another look around the room. 'It's gigantic in here.'
'Welcome to the TARDIS.' The Doctor said. 'Huge in here, yeah. But outside? It's only the size of a police box.'
'Wha? How is that even possible?' Brianna was wide eyed. 'What does TARDIS even stand for anyway?'
'Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.' he grinned. 'It can take me anywhere, across galaxies, different planets, any time zone i want.'
'You mean...it travels in time??' She gasped. 'But-but how?'
'I don't know, really.' The Doctor looked around at everything. He hesitated for a moment, then he said. 'Do you remember when you were 12, that time you got a pet and you didn't know who it was from?'
'Yeah.' Brianna frowned. 'Whats that got to do with anything?' Then she gasped. 'You don't mean...you gave it to me?'
'Thats right.' The Doctor grinned. 'I saw you crying because you're parents wouldn't buy one for you. So on the morning of your birthday, i put it in a cat box on your doorstep.'
'No way!' Brianna laughed. 'So you've always known i exist?'
'Yes, i have.' he said. 'It's just fate that brought us together again.'
'You saved my life.' she said quietly. 'I could've been killed by some evil darkness-' she broke off and laughed nervously. 'Why me?'
'A lot of people ask that.' The Doctor muttered. 'I never have the answer. It targets anyone, you just happened to be unlucky.'
'Great.' Brianna sighed. 'Just great.' The Doctor was now back at the control panel, studying it fiercely, frowning, bemused.
'What's up?' Brianna wen over to him.
'The sky.' he replied automatically, and Brianna had to smile. She'd heard that joke so many times.
'The Vashta Narada isn't just in your house.' he said. 'The TARDIS is detecting it in almost fifty houses. Oh god, it's spreading everywhere.' His eyes widened, and Brianna felt her heart pounding. 'What's going to happen?' she asked quietly.
'It's taking this place over.' The Doctor stared at the screen, horrified. 'It'll kill everyone, just so it can can take this place as it's own.'
'Oh my god, no!' Brianna felt didn't know she'd started screaming. 'But my friends...MY PARENTS ARE ALREADY DEAD BECAUSE OF THAT SON OF A BITCH!!'
'Then we have to stop it!' The Doctor grinned. He saw Brianna's sceptical expression. 'Oh come on!' he protested. 'It'll be like those Marvel comics!! Superheroes!!'
'Ok, ok fine.' She sighed. 'How are we going to save the town?'
'Peaceful Co-existance!' He smiled. 'Maybe if I talk it over, do you reckon that could work?'
'No.' Brianna shook her head. 'But i'm desperate enough to try anything!'
Sign up to rate and review this story