Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To The Wild

To The Wild

by PurrpleBatman 5 reviews

(*I'll Never Let This Go re-write*) When Olympian Lilac finally starts to get her quiet Canadian farming life under control, how will she handle four familiar rock stars crashing back into the mix?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2013-07-04 - Updated: 2013-07-04 - 1130 words

5Original
I guess you could say I was the living dead.

Living dead.

What does that even mean? Some stupid generic zombie movie, or a way of living? Living as though you weren’t alive, seems pretty contradictory doesn’t it?

I don’t think so.

I’ve been doing it for a while.


Chapter 1

“Things were finally working out for me. I loved a bland country life, even if my wild heart yearned for adventure. But even the smallest things can set me off, back into a world of darkness and little hope. And back into a pit of fear that used to last me months, but on a good month I can get over it in about a year. But you don’t want to hear about my recovery, I don’t blame you, so here’s where I tell you my downfall and you silently judge my mental being.”

“Lilac, I’m not here to judge you, give it some thought then whenever you’re ready, tell me thought by thought what happened on April 8th, year 2002.”

FLASHBACK

“You ready for your man’s birthday?” Frank asked me in a joking voice, as he strolled with me down the university’s cobble stoned campus streets, mockingly swinging his sweaty arm around my shoulder.

“As ready as I’ll ever be, I guess,” I giggled, and he smirked that sly Frank smile.

“No offence... But why are you here again?” I asked as he retreived his arm abck to his side.

“Just along for the ride, young Lilac. Why do you have such a weird name?”

“My Mom was a hippie, Lilac candles burned while I was conceived.”

“She told you that?” Frank busted a gut laughing, and we both made our small talk and goodbyes as I reached the door to equine biology.

END OF FLASHBACK

“I never found out why he was there, and it keeps me awake at night wondering.” I confessed, looking towards the shrinks face for help.
“The smallest details will forever bother us, they’ll always stick to the back of our minds until the issue is resolved. Have you ever asked this ‘Frank’?”

“We haven’t talked much since the accident.”

“Why not?”

“Let me get to that part.”

“Okay so so far, you were going to class the day before your boyfriends birthday, who you’ve formerly spoken to me about, Gerard was his name?”

“Yes, last class of the day to be exact. Spring was in the air, fighting to keep its standings with Summer.”

FLASHBACK

The classroom had a musty but comfortable smell, not like seminar rooms, but like the small labs that high schools would have. I was glad to be in the program, and though it’s hard to focus with the stress of my life and exams nearby, I honestly gave it my all in this class.

It was a monotone class, the teachers bland voice instructing about the difficult process of how diffusion works, big words often jumbling in a war with the casual thoughts that my mind threatened to develop.

“Sir, sorry to interrupt, but may I be excused?” I boldly called out, and Mr. Ferguson's damp face waved me off. I grabbed my bad and made my way to the washroom, splashing cold water and regaining my focus on the excitement of cells.

I watched vaguely of the few late students, all mellowly making their way back to the classes they belonged in.

Then, there he was, his focus almost admirable, but chilling to the bone at the same time.


The only thing that was unmistakable in my mind was the gun. The long, black metal length of it was breathtaking, in the most literal sense. I stumbled my way back into the class, slamming the door, and pinching the tiny lock shut.

“Ms. Winters, I hope you have a valid reason to interrupt my class, slam the door, and proceed to lock it?!” He shouted in dismay to me, and i could feel my mind starting to give in to panic.

“There’s a man in the school with a gun! We need to hide!” I screamed to everyone, shock taking over their faces. They quickly surveyed the situation, and it didn’t take long for the first piercing gunshot to ring through the air. That’s when panic set in for everyone else, and the musty monotone atmosphere transformed into something so much worse, confusion and fear. Everyone ducked under their desks, and as though in a trance the first bullet pierced the door, and into Mr. Ferguson's right arm. He gasped in pain, and I ducked into a empty supply shelf, curling into a ball and praying to whatever being there ever was.

The following was unclear to me, my ears rang as more sounds like balloons continuously popping beside me. The last I heard was boots dragging themselves on cold floors, and the sickening sound of a reload.

I crawled onto the floor beside the cold corpse of an old friend, Macy. She was taking the same courses as I was, and we had chatted a couple times over a couple beers one night.

“Macy please! Please! Please wake up and tell me this is a dream!” I shook her limp body, and only answer was a pool of blood flowing from a hole on her head.

The boots came back, and my gut told me the atmosphere had not brightened, this wasn’t me knight in shining armor, or a police officer, or any sign of safety. My gut told me it was the boots that had walked away before.

END OF FLASHBACK

 “The boots walked towards me, and I dropped my head down into the warm blood, my hair slicking itself against my head due to the liquid. I felt the tip of the barrel press to my head, and in my last moments I thought of every single moment in my life, the sad ones, the happy ones, and everything in between. I wasn’t ready to die, I’m still not, but death had to be better than that moment.”

“That’s more than enough Lilac. This experience has broke you, but I will attempt to help you re-assemble the pieces.”

“You can try, but I can’t be fixed. The only person who has the missing piece is Gerard, but he’s not leaving his glamourous lifestyle for some boring lost girl any day.”

Hope you guys enjoyed, if you didn't drop a rhyme about how you hate me in that review box above :) and if you auditioned imma be honest i haven't decided yet, so if you like this story PLEASE leave some more auditions. And if you audition twice I'll marry you.
Sign up to rate and review this story