Categories > Celebrities > Johnny Depp > 21 Jump Street: Vault (Def Leppard Greatest Hits)

Let's Get Rocked

by Brambleshadow 0 reviews

Category: Johnny Depp - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-09 - 1171 words

0Unrated
It was supposed to be funny but went over most people's heads. Not in England though. They must understand our sense of humor. (Joe)

Chapter 4: Let's Get Rocked

"Would someone please tell me what I'm doing here?" Captain Adam Fuller asked as he looked around the crowded bar. Unfortunately, it was karaoke night, and Doug had asked all of them to come.

"Relax, Coach," Tom Hanson replied.

"Yeah, Penhall's struggling with a career change," Harry Ioki added.

Judy Hoffs, the only female member on the team, sniggered and hid her head in her hands. "I can't watch. Tell me when it's over."

"Nice show of support, Jude," Tom said sarcastically, earning a punch on the shoulder from the African-American beauty. "Ow! What was that for?" Hanson rubbed his wounded shoulder and glared at Hoffs.

She faked a mad look, which rapidly dissolved into a grin. "I think you know."

Before Tom could think of a clever comeback, there was an unholy screech coming from the direction of the center stage. All four cops swiveled their heads to see who had made the horrifying sound. It turned out that a young teenage guy, shaking his head, was trying to drag his embarrassed girlfriend—who was still holding the microphone—off the stage. The crew from 21 Jump Street stared for a couple of seconds before they had to muffle their snorts of laughter.

When the MC came up onstage, even he was fighting back his amusement. "Well, up next we have a high school kid. Doug Peters, come on up!"

The team watched apprehensively as the stocky, youthful-looking cop walked out onstage. When Doug took the mike and looked over at their table, Tom knew he was in trouble. That was even before Penhall said, "Could my friend Tommy McQuaid come up here?"

I'm doomed, Hanson thought.

A grinning Hoffs and Ioki had to push him out of his seat. Glaring at the two partners, Tom stifled a sigh and oh so reluctantly meandered up to the stage. He should have been expecting it, really: Doug had asked him to practice with him all week. And someone was needed for background vocals . . .

Smirking, Doug handed his best friend an extra microphone. Hanson growled, "I'm gonna kill you for this, Doug. The McQuaids do not sing, let alone sing karaoke."

"Ah, but there's only one McQuaid here," Doug retorted before motioning to the DJ. Then he started the song, with Hanson joining in: "Do you wanna get rocked?
Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked."


Tom dropped out, leaving Doug to start the verse a few measures after the intro: "I'm your average ordinary everyday kid happy to do nothin'; in fact, that's what I did. I got a million ways to make my day, but daddy don't agree. 'Cos when I try to get away he says he got plans for me."

At Penhall's insistence, Hanson ordered: "Get your butt right out of bed!"

Doug came back with: "Stop buggin' me."

Tom retorted: "Get up and move your sleepy head."

Doug shot back: "Don't shake my tree." Then the bear-like officer continued: "He said 'Mow the lawn'—who, me?"

Tom shrugged as he continued ordering his partner around with: "Walk the dog."

"Not my style, man," Doug defended.

"Take out the trash."

"No way."

"Tidy your room."

"C'mon, get real. Sorry dad, gotta disappear.Let's get the rock outta here."


Risking a glance at their table, Tom saw Judy and Harry were cracking up, and even Captain Fuller was grinning. Now that he thought about it, this song was kinda funny, even if you had to have a strange sense of humor to see how. Fighting back a smile of his own, Hanson joined in with Penhall on the chorus: "Seven day weekend, up all night. In at the deep end, hang on tight. It won't take a minute, it won't take long.
So get it, come on, come on, come on.

"Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked. Let's go all the way, get it night and day. Come on, let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked."


There were a couple of measures of rest before Doug started on the next verse, Tom taking up air guitar: "I'm your average ordinary everyday dude drivin' with my baby to get her in the mood. She's dialin' through my radio and I'm ready to make my move. But what she got ain't rock 'n' roll and it really blew my groove.

"It was Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven—makes me wanna scream. Bach, Tschackisky, violins—turn it off, that ain't my scene. Well, I'm sorry girl, here's my confession: I suppose a rock's out of the question."


Again, the two partners sang the chorus in unison: "Seven day weekend, up all night. In at the deep end, hang on tight. It won't take a minute, it won't take long
So get it, come on, come on, come on. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked. Let's go all the way, get it night and day. Come on, let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked.

"All I wanna do is take a ride into the blue. Every time I want to I get stuck inside my room. Heaven knows I'm sick and tired of dancin' with this broom.

"I feel lucky today, hey look at that, man. Do you wanna get rocked, do you wanna get rocked?

"Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked—Get on top, baby. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked—Do you wanna, do you wanna? Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked—Get on top of it. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked—Love to rock your body, baby. Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked."


Again, Hanson dropped out, leaving Penhall to finish the song with: "Let's got all the way, let's do it night and day. Let's go out and play, rock the night away. Come on, let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get rocked.

"Do you wanna get rocked?"


As soon as the song ended, Tom was off that stage. Doug put the two mikes back, then jumped down and followed his partner over to the Jump Street team's table. Grinning, Penhall said, "How'd we do?"

"That was really funny, guys," Harry said, his voice full of suppressed laughter.

"Yeah, you guys sounded good," Judy added. "Nice air guitar, Hanson."

The former patrolman's cheeks flushed, and, clearing his throat, he scratched the back of his head with his right hand. "Thanks, I guess. What about you, Coach?"

"I never figured you for a Def Leppard fan, Hanson. Penhall, sure, but you? That was humorous, though. Just don't do it anytime soon in the chapel."

The threat was clear as crystal. "Yes, Coach," the McQuaid brothers said in unison.
Sign up to rate and review this story