Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Still So Far Out of Reach

The Case

by dollydoll154672 0 reviews

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-07-12 - 1099 words

0Unrated
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Emily awoke suddenly to the sound of her phone ringing loudly next to her bed. Her eyes popped open and the lovely dream that had been playing out in her head ended as quickly as it had come.

"Damn you, you stupid evil device" Emily muttered, feeling the urge to fling her iPhone out the nearest window so that a car could back over it. That would make her so happy at the moment.

Finally, Emily found the strength to grasp the phone and answer it.

"Prentiss" she barked into it. "Hello?"

"Emily, it's JJ". The voice seemed almost apologetic. Emily's sat up fully in her bed upon hearing the voice of the woman who had been present in her dreams.

"JJ?"

"Yeah. Um I just wanted to tell you that we have a case".

JJ could hear the brunette groan on the other side of the phone. "Sorry" she murmured, nervously wrapping a piece of blonde hair around her finger. She knew that the team was always on call, even on the weekends.

"It's okay. I'll be there in about a half hour".

"Thanks, Emily".

"No problem, JJ". Emily hung up and stumbled into her bathroom. She blasted herself with cold water from the shower to wake herself up fully. She tried to erase the erotic dream about JJ from her mind. She honestly had deemed herself as a crazy women lately.

What boss has dreams about her subordinate who also happens to be of the same gender? Emily thought to herself as the water from the shower hit her back. Only crazy people do and I am certainly one of those crazy people.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The entire team was sitting at the table in the conference room. Garcia, Reid and Morgan looked incredibly hungover while Hotch looked serious and ready to work, Rossi looked sleepy and both Emily and JJ looked lost in thought.

JJ finally started the presentation of the latest case that the team had been presented with.

"There have been a series of abductions and killings in El Paso, Texes. Two women, both brunettes in their 40s, have been abducted within the same week. Both were taken from the parking lots of shopping malls where they were beaten, sexually assaulted and shot in the head twice before they were dumped into ditches. The dump sites are randomly picked".

"It looks like this guy is a serial killer" Hotch remarked, eying the photographs of the two female victims.

"From the looks of it, it seems like he has a specific type: dark haired women in their 40s" Morgan remarked. "That could mean something in his personal life".

Reid nodded. "He has a sexual desire for them as well. That could infer that he was possibly in a relationship at another time that was with a women that matched the criteria of these victims".

Emily nodded. "That appears to be the case. We should be off to Texas, then. Wheels up in 20".

The team proceeded with exiting the conference room. JJ picked up her purse and go-bag. She saw one voicemail on her cell and saw that it was from Will.

JJ,
/]
[/Listen, I'm sorry about what happened in our relationship. I wanted to know if you are willing to try again. I won't be an idiot, I promise. I love you and I wish that you were back in my life. I miss you. Would you be willing to go out sometime again? I hope that I get to talk to you soon. Bye doll.


JJ sighed upon hearing his heavily accented voice on the other end of the device in her hand. Would she really be willing to take back someone who had hurt her? He had apologized for what he had done, not to mention that they had been through some good times together. If she was honest, she could admit that she missed having him in her life. She was just a lonely, thirty five year old FBI agent with not much to look forward to in her off time.

"JJ?" Morgan interrupted her thoughts. "The team is ready to depart".

JJ's head snapped up. "Sorry, I'll be right there, Morgan".

Morgan tried to profile the blonde, but she was obviously locking away her emotions, like always. He wondered what was going on in her life lately. She hadn't been exactly open to the team about anything lately. Morgan shrugged and followed the rest of the team to the SUV's that were parked in the Bureau parking garage. He intended to find out what was going on with his friend and co-worker.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The team loaded onto the jet with all of their belongings. Rossi plopped down next to Hotch, Morgan next to Reid, and JJ got onto the plane last and saw that the seat next to Emily hadn't been taken. Her heart beat faster as she sat herself down next to the brunette, who turned to give her a faint smile. The butterflies in JJ's stomach were going even crazier than they ever had before. Despite her thoughts about Will, JJ hadn't forgot about the brunette who had stolen her heart long ago.

All while the team was talking about the case, JJ had zoned out into her world of daydreaming. The scent of Emily's flower scented perfume turned on the blonde agent. She wanted, so badly, to cuddle up closer to the dark haired woman.

Forget about Will JJ thought to herself. This is the woman that I truly want. If only she felt the same way as I do about her.

"We are going to be booking hotel rooms down in El Paso" Emily announced. "There are three rooms that are being held for us so if nobody here minds bunking up with each other, then we should be good to go".

JJ's heart nearly dropped into her stomach. She knew who she would be sharing a room with and the very thought of it made her so tense yet excited at the same time.

"Hey Hotch" Morgan playfully shoved his friend. "You might want to be prepared because Dave, here, is a snorer".

Rossi rolled his eyes while Hotch faked an upset pout. "Don't worry Morgan. If he doesn't shut up, I can always make him sleep in the tub".

The rest of the team chuckled at his remark. There were still a couple of hours until they landed in their destination; a couple more hours of JJ going completely insane from both Emily's perfume and the fact that they would be sharing a hotel room together.
Sign up to rate and review this story