Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Lost Friend

Chapter 10

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-07-20 - 7301 words

1Original
Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling, Pokemon to WB and Nintendo, and Ranma 1/2 to Rumiko Takahashi.

A Lost Friend

By: USA Tiger

Author note: This chapter is dedicated to reviewer valor of the twilight lord who came up with the idea for Ranma.

Chapter 10

Early the next day, Albus returned to Grimmauld Place armed with an international portkey and Isamu the owl. Also with him was Severus who had been informed that young Harry had been found. The man had plenty to say about Harry, none of it nice which was not a big surprise.

"Ah Remus, ready to go?" Albus said as he entered the kitchen. Remus was sitting at the table once again, looking much more rested than he had the night before.

"Yes... are you joining us Severus?" Remus asked as he noticed the black clad wizard behind the headmaster.

"Someone has to make sure that idiot boy has not gotten himself hurt," Severus said dryly. "Who knows what that attention seeking brat has gotten himself into."

"Now Severus," Albus said warningly. "Let's give Harry a chance to explain what happen." Severus gave Albus a look then sniffed softly, turning his head away. Albus removed his wand from its holster, turning his attention back to Remus. "Can you speak Japanese Remus?"

"No, I never learned," The werewolf said with a shake of his head. Albus nodded his head and cast a translation spell on the younger wizard. Both Albus and Severus did speak Japanese and did not need the charm. The elderly wizard returned his wand to the holster and held out the portkey with his one good hand. "Now if you would each take a hold of the portkey."

Severus and Remus grabbed a hold of the colorful sock while Isamu fluttered down to dig a talon into the sock as well.

"And 3...2...1..." Albus counted down, all three men feeling the hook behind their navels as the portkey whisked them off to the central Gringotts bank in Japan.

****

~Excuse me, I don't suppose you can direct us to the Nekohanten I believed it's called?~ Albus asked a local of Nerima. After arriving in Mahou Village, the trio of men was pointed to the exit to the Nerima district. Isamu had taken off as soon as they were outside before anyone had a chance to tag the owl with a tracing charm.

~Just go down this street and take a left. You can't miss it,~ The young man said, not even blinking at the very strange sight of Dumbledore's colorful robes, this was Nerima after all. There were much stranger things to see. Albus thanked the man and lead the way toward the Amazon's restaurant.

Cologne looked up from cleaning tables as the bell rang over the door. The only bad thing about Mousse being banished back to Joketsuzoku was that he wasn't there to clean up, leaving the duty to her, Poe and Shampoo. Not that he did much half the time, always slacking off for one reason or another. The Amazon elder looked at the three men that entered the Nekohanten, the oldest man chi was beaming brightly and his way of dressing was an eye sore. The man on his left chi was darker with a black spot on his left arm while the man on the left had a mangled almost sickly looking chi as if cursed.

~Welcome to the Nekohanten,~ Cologne said as she pogoed over on her staff. ~If you gentlemen will take a seat, I will bring you your menus.~

~Actually, we are here to see a Mr. Harry Potter,~ Albus said with his signature twinkle in his blue eyes. Cologne eyes all three men again, wondering if they were the friends or foes of Harry.

"And just who is calling?" Cologne asked, switching to English.

"Oh, forgive me. I am Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," Albus said as he also switched to English. He waved a hand in Severus's direction then Remus's. "This is Potion Master Professor Severus Snape and Remus Lupin"

"Ahh, so you are Harry's headmaster," Cologne said. "I am Kon-Lone, elder and Matriarch of Joketsuzoku tribe."

"Kon-Lone? The leading potion mistress from China Kon-Lone?" Severus asked almost excitedly. Cologne chuckled softly, tucking her hands into the sleeves of her robe.

"I see my reputation precedes me," She said.

"Is Harry here?" Remus asked.

"He is not. My Great-granddaughter and her... friends... took him out to celebrate his birthday," Cologne said. "I can take you to where they are."

"That would be acceptable," Albus said with a smile and a nod.

"Hmm, later you and I need to speak," Cologne said to Albus before turning toward the kitchen. "Poe I shall return in a while."

"Yes Grandmother," Poe said as he poked his head out.

"Follow me" Cologne pogoed out the door, leading the trio of wizards to Nerima's park. Near the middle of the park was an area that was warded off with muggle-repelling ward. Inside the ward was a group of teenagers and a pack of dogs laughing and playing.

Harry grinned as he watched Padfoot and Shirokuro came running toward him, his godfather and Ryoga's dog each holding an end of a large stick he found to throw for them with two puppies running behind them yipping excitedly. Ryoga snorted in amusement, scratching Checkers behind the ears as he watched. Harry just grinned even brighter and looked down at the last three puppies surrounding them, lifting his wand to shot bubbles out of the end. The puppies yipped and chased after the bubbles. Ranma ignored them all, stuffing her face with cake and ice-cream, currently in female form do to so as she thought it wasn't manly to eat ice-cream and it also tasted better as a girl. Shampoo sat beside her 'husband' as Ranma ate, beaming up at her, she was the one who made the cake for Harry. Lastly Hedwig was trying to get the hang of using a fork to eat her own piece of cake.

"Great Grandmother?" Shampoo asked as she noticed the group. "What you doing here? Who they?" Harry turned to see who the Amazon was speaking of.

"Professor Lupin! Professor Dumbledore!" Harry said, omitting Severus as he rather not acknowledge the man. Snape didn't really notice, he was looking at Ranma-chan in a bit of shock, the gender cursed teen female from looked somewhat like Harry's mother Lily; the resemblance was shocking to the man. Padfoot turned as he heard Remus's name, barking loudly as he ran at his friend and bowled him over, bathing the werewolf's face in doggy kisses.

"Pa-padfoot?" Remus asked in shock, grabbing Padfoot's head to look at the hyper active mutt. With a pop, Remus was suddenly holding Sirius's head instead who was grinning madly down at him while sitting on the werewolf's stomach, his hands resting on his friend shoulders.

"Hiya Moony. Miss me?" He asked brightly.

"Sirius... I thought you were dead!" Remus yelled as he pushed Sirius off of him.

"Black, can't you even die right you idiotic mutt?" Severus said darkly.

"What's the matter Snivillus?" Sirius sneered back. "Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going anywhere you greasy bastard." Severus growled and drew his wand in anger, pointing it at Sirius with a spell at the tip of his tongue.

"Severus!" Albus said but the dark wizard ignored him.

"Shirokuro!" Ryoga called as he pointed at the man as the ninja dog was closer to him.

"Ruff!" Shirokuro became a blur as he jumped at Severus, kicking the man in the chest. The wizard was knocked onto his back, his wand fly away. "Grrrrr" Sirius laughed as he saw the other man get his ass kicked by a dog.

"Clam yourself boy," Cologne said as she rapped Severus on the head with her staff which made Sirius laugh harder. "I did not help Mr. Black back on this side of the veil just for you to send him there again."

"Severus," Albus said in disappointment. The dark wizard sniffed as he stood up, stepping away from Shirokuro growled again.

"Good dog Shiro," Ryoga called. Shirokuro yipped happily and ran back over to his human.

"Awoo," Checkers said, tapping her muzzle under Shirokuro's fondly.

"Ruff ruf,f" Shirokuro said back.

"Sirius my boy, I am happy to see that you are alive," Albus said as the Black Lord climbed off the ground then helped Remus up. "I was sure that you were gone for good, no one has ever returned from the other side of the veil."

"I almost was, I was very close to death," Sirius admitted. "Harry and Cologne here helped me get back." He wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulder, pulling his godson close.

"Ahh!" Everyone turned toward the female yelp behind them. Ranma had picked up Severus's wand and had been startled when it started to send out a shower of red and black sparks instead of a few colorless ones. "It's not suppose to do that!!"

"Give me that girl" Severus said as he stomped up to take his wand back. Ranma scowled and easily moved so Severus couldn't take the wand from her.

"I am not a girl!" She yelled. "I'm a guy!"

"I am not blind nor stupid you imbecile female," Severus bit out, making another lunge for his wand which Ranma easily avoided much to both Harry and Sirius's amusement. "Give me that wand!!"

"Just try to take it greasy!" Ranma said.

"Son-in-law! Stop this and give the man back his wand," Cologne said, the end of her staff hitting Ranma's head.

"Ow!" Ranma said, rubbing at the spot where she was hit. "Damn you old ghoul, you don't have to hit so hard." She tossed the wand back at Severus, the stick hitting him between the eyes.

"I think we should take this back to the Nekohanten," Cologne said. Albus agreed and walked with the Amazon elder back to the shop with the three other adult wizards, teens and pack of dogs following. The muggle repelling ward fell as they left.

***

Once the group returned to the Nekohanten, Cologne turned the sign to 'closed' and told Poe to make everyone some tea as well as a kettle to change Ranma back to normal.

"Firstly, we should get this part out of the way," The Amazon said as the kettle arrived. Albus, Remus and Severus watched in only a tiny bit of amazement as Ranma poured the hot water over her head, leaving a dark hair boy sitting in the seat.

"That... is an interesting bit of transfiguration," Albus said.

"It is not transfiguration, it is a curse," Cologne said. "Nearby our village is a cursed training ground named Jusenkyo that is filled with pools and springs, each one of them with a different cursed form. Ranma fell into the spring of the drowned girl, so now when he is splashed with cold water he turned into a female version of himself and hot water returns him to his normal form."

"I see... I haven’t heard of a curse like this," Albus said, looking over at Remus and Severus, both men shaking their heads as they hadn't heard of them either. "Well, who is everyone then Harry my boy?"

"I'm Saotome Ranma of the Saotome School of Anything Goes Marital Arts," Ranma said, introducing himself.

"My name is Hibiki Ryoga."

"Is Shampoo!"

"And the last lovely lady?" Albus asked as he looked over at Hedwig.

"Headmaster, that's Hedwig," Harry said. "She fell into the same spring as Ranma when she came to find me."

"Hedwig?" Remus said surprised.

"That would explain your new owl," Albus said with a smile.

"Yeah, Hedwig picked him out," Harry said.

"Master Harry need owl," Hedwig said, surprising the other men.

"She knows how to talk already?" Remus asked.

"I always said that Hedwig is smart," Harry said with a grin.

"You have," Remus agreed with a chuckle then turned to Sirius. "You haven’t explained how you are back."

"I can explain that," Cologne said, launching into the explanation of how she and three of her fellow elders had used a ritual to open a temporary portal into the realm on the other side of the veil and Harry had drawn Sirius back into their world.

"Well... I suppose I should thank you Elder Cologne," Albus said once the older woman finished.

"It was nothing sonny," Cologne said with a wave of her hand. Albus's eyes twinkled and turned to Harry.

"Well my boy, are you ready to go back?" He asked. Harry sighed softly and nodded.

"Yeah, I've got to pack up the stuff I got first," He said.

"Take your time my boy, now that we know you're safe, we are not in a hurry," The headmaster assured him. "In fact, we'll leave tomorrow to give you time to say goodbye to your friends."

"Thank you Professor Dumbledore," Harry said with a small smile. Ryoga meanwhile was watching his rival, Ranma's head was bowed and the other teen looked deep in thought.

"Well the hell is wrong with you?" He asked in a low voice, leaning over to talk to the pigtailed boy.

"How did that wand thing work for me?" Ranma asked, speaking loud enough to catch everyone's attention.

"What was that my boy?" Albus asked. Ranma glanced up, his darker blue eyes meeting the older wizard's.

"Earlier in the park. I picked up greasy’s stick thing and it sparked," Ranma said. "When we were in that wand store the test wand thing didn't do that and Mom said I'm a squib." Albus blinked, not really understanding just what the boy meant.

"Here, just show him," Ryoga said as he handed his wand to Ranma. Ranma held the wand up, trying to force his energy into the stick. It only gave off a couple of weak sparks.

"Well... perhaps this wand isn't in tune to you, it does belong to Mr. Hibiki here," Albus said while Ryoga took his wand back.

"Yeah, but greasy's wand let out a huge shower of sparks when I picked it up," Ranma pointed out while Severus glowered at him.

"Severus perhaps you could hand Mr. Saotome your wand?" Albus requested.

"Headmaster I don't think… “ Severus started.

"Just humor me my boy," Albus interrupted. The dark hair man sighed and handed the wand over to Ranma. Like with Ryoga's, it only let off a couple of weak sparks making the teen frown.

"It didn't do that before," He said while smacking the wand against his palm.

"Stop that!" Severus hissed.

"What's different from before?" Harry asked.

"Well other than being a girl..." Ryoga and Harry looked at each other, wondering if that was the reason then both pointed their wands at Ranma.

"What are you two... AHHGGG!" Ranma was knocked over by the force of two aguamenti charms. "What the hell did you do that for you jerks!?" The now female Ranma yelled as she jumped back up, the wand in her hand sparking brightly with red and black sparks.

"Well... I've certainly never came across anything like this before," Albus admitted, his eyes twinkling merrily as the young boy-turn-girl yelled at Harry and Ryoga.

"I have my theories," Cologne said, puffing on a pipe as she watched the chaos. "Jusenkyo curses are pure magic, add that to someone who already has some leanings toward magic such as a post owl or someone who is descended from a magical family..."

"I see," Albus said catching on. "So Miss Hedwig is a witch now as well?"

"The boys have been teaching her easier spells to use," Cologne confirmed. "Son-in-law will only be able to use magic as a female, his normal form will by magic-less."

***

Not long after Ranma left the Nekohanten to head back to the Tendo dojo. The three wizards would leave the next day with Harry to go back to their own home country. Ranma just hoped that Ryoga would be able to keep in touch with the younger boy, the fanged boy wasn't as depressed when he was with Harry.

"I'm back!" Ranma called as she entered the house.

"Ranma, would you join me in the living room?" Nodoka's voice called out of the other room. Ranma blinked and entered the room, Nodoka was sitting at the low table across from an older man whose hair was just starting to gray and had a long thin mustache. He also looked like a much older version of Ranma's male form. "Ranma dear, I would like you to meet your grandfather."

"I thought he didn't want anything to do with us," Ranma said as she came over and sat beside her mother.

"You are both squibs but my daughter has neglected to inform out about our family history," Nodoka’s father said. "I am your grandfather Tanaka Katsuro." (1)

"Ok," Ranma said slowly. "So what am I suppose to learn here?"

"You will not be able to learn the family spells," Katsuro started, giving the cursed girl a sharp look as she said 'not as a boy'. "Explain."

"Ranma, what did you mean by that?" Nodoka asked.

"Errr.... well... there are some wizards that came today to get Ryoga's friend Harry and one of them dropped their wand," Ranma said. "I sorta picked it up and all these spark things started coming out of it. But it only worked while I'm a girl, when I'm a guy it doesn't do anything."

Katsuro's eyes narrowed, they tested Ranma when he was a small child to see if he was a wizard or a squib. When the child showed no signs of magic, he left Ranma's raising to his daughter, thinking she would at least inform him of their family's powers. Instead she left that disgrace of a man she married raise Ranma as he saw fit. But the boy, now currently a girl thanks to that curse Nodoka informed him about, could seemingly use magic after all.

"Come," Katsuro said as he stood.

"Where are we going?" Nodoka asked as she stood as well, motioning for Ranma to stand also.

"Ranma's male form was tested as a child but not his new female one. If what the boy says is true, our family line of magic may not end," Katsuro said. Ranma got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach and wondered what can of worms she opened now.

Katsuro took Nodoka and Ranma to Taro Shijo's wand shop in Mahou Village, the elderly wand maker looking up as they entered.

~AHH, Tanaka-sama!~ Taro said in greeting. ~What can I do for you?~

~I want my grandchild tested for magic,~ Katsuro said, pulling Ranma up front.

~You look very familiar miss,~ Taro said to Ranma as he got the test wand out from his desk.

~I was here last week with Hibiki Ryoga,~ Ranma said. ~I looked different at the time.~

~Oh! Saotome-san!~ Taro said as he made the connection. He turned to Katsuro with a frown. ~Tanaka-sama, I tested your grandson already. His magic levels are too low to use a wand.~

~Just humor me,~ Katsuro said, filing away the knowledge that Ranma knew someone in the Hibiki family. Taro sighed and opened the test wand box, handing it to Ranma who picked it up. The wand maker was very surprise as a strong shower of sparks came out.

~I do not understand, when you used this wand before it showed that you don't have very strong magic,~ Taro said with a frown.

~Errrr. I think it's because I'm in my cursed form?~ Ranma said. ~That's what Cologne said anyway.~ Taro decided to test the theory, turning Ranma back into his normal form then back into his cursed one, the test wand only worked when Ranma was a girl.

~Well I have never seen anything like this before,~ Taro said as he brought the test to an end. ~I suppose you would like a wand fitted for the boy then?~

~Yes, the girl needs a wand if she is to learn our family's magic,~ Katsuro said. Taro nodded and started to go through his store of wands to fit to Ranma. Ranma opened her mouth to protest being called a girl. Nodoka gave her son/daughter a look that had Ranma's mouth snapping back closed. She didn't like where this was going.

Taro brought a selection of wands back, having Ranma try different ones that fit her magic. Finally one of the wands seemed to work, sending out the red and black sparks Ranma was familiar with.

~Ah, 8 and half inches Alder with the hair of a Sha,~ Taro said, pleased that he found another match. (2)

~How much?~ Katsuro asked now that Ranma had a wand match. Taro named his price which Katsuro quickly handed over with extra for a wand holster. ~Now that you have a wand, you need to catch up with your education.~

~What does that mean?~ Ranma asked with a frown. ~Wait, you mean all those spells and things like Ryoga and Harry uses?~

~You seem very familiar with the Hibiki boy. And who is this 'Harry'?~ Katsuro asked.

~Ryoga and I are friends and sorta rivals. And Harry is his friend, I think his family name is Potter or something,~ Ranma said with a shrug. Katsuro narrowed his eyes, Harry Potter was a famous, powerful wizard from the UK, and their families had also done business in the past. Now that they had someone to carry on the family line, he needed to find someone to marry his /granddaughter /to, perhaps it would be a good idea to look into the Hibikis or this Potter boy.

~Where are these two boys?~ Katsuro asked his grandchild.

~The Nekohanten last time I saw them. Harry's teachers from his school got here today to bring him back to his school,~ Ranma said. Katsuro nodded to himself, he would explore these two boys himself and since Ranma already knew them perhaps it would be good to send Ranma to Hogwarts, rekindle the Potter and Tanaka clans’ alliance.

****

"Professor?" Albus looked up from the book he was flipping through from Cologne's collection to see Harry standing in front of him.

"Yes my boy, what can I do for you?" Dumbledore said as he closed the book.

"I was.... I wanted to ask a favor," Harry said, rubbing one of his arms. "It's about my friend Ryoga... He has a hard time finishing school because he has a bit of a problem finding his way around and I was wondering..."

"Ah... you would like Mr. Hibiki to join us at Hogwarts," Albus guessed, he had watched Harry with the Asian youth with the bandana. The way the two boys acted together reminded him very much of himself and Gelbert when they were young and foolish. At least that was how Albus felt about his friend. Harry nodded, he had come up with the idea when Ryoga mentioned that he had a hard time finishing school, magical or muggle, and Harry would have liked his first friend to be with him and his other best friends. "Well, we can certainly offer Mr. Hibiki a place in the school if he likes."

"Thank you Professor," Harry said, smiling brightly. Albus chuckled and sent Harry on his way while writing a quick note for Minerva, if they were going to invite Ryoga to Hogwarts they might as well do it right with the same letter everyone else gets. His note to Minerva asked for a letter for Ryoga and Harry's yearly one as well.

"Fawkes?" He called out, smiling fondly as with an uplifting trill filled the air as Fawkes fire-flashed next to his side. "Do you mind taking a note to Minerva for me, old friend? And waiting for a response?" Fawkes cooed softly, nuzzling Albus's cheek then took the note from his wizard, flashing back to Hogwarts.

"Impressive, it's not every day you see a wizard with a phoenix familiar," Cologne said as she hopped into the room. Albus chuckled, stroking his beard with his good hand.

"Fawkes is one of my oldest and dearest friends," He said. "Now, I remember you mention that we should have a talk."

"Yes I did. Firstly," Cologne brought her staff up and hit Albus on top on the head, surprising the old wizard as he had not excepted the attack. "What sort of fool are you sonny? Leaving that thing inside of the boys head?"

"I see you discovered the horcux inside of Mr. Potter," Albus said as he rubbed the knot on his head.

"I wasn't sure what it was at first, the boy's chi had a dark spot on his forehead," Cologne said as she settled down into a seat across from the man. "It was the spell mistress in my village who was able to pinpoint what I was seeing. Why haven’t you removed the shard of soul within him?"

"Alas it is not that simple," Albus said with a sigh. "The only way to destroy a horcux is to destroy or kill the container."

"That is bull shit," Cologne said with a snort.

"I have hopes that the ritual Tom used with Mr. Potter's blood will create a way for the boy to survive," Albus said. "But it must be Tom who kills him for it to work."

"You are putting a lot of faith in something that may not even work," Cologne pointed out. "I can think of plenty of ways to remove a parasite like that one. A potion, a spell, even a ritual to separate the two. My village has the means to pull something like this off. The fact we pulled Mr. Black from the other side of the veil should be proof of what we are capable of."

"I'm curious as to why you would offer something like this?" Albus questioned. "Pardon me for saying so, but you and your village don't seem the type to help anyone outside of your village."

"You're right, we don't unless it can help us in the long run," Cologne confirmed. "But we freely do so for our village sisters and brothers. Let me be frank, I have decided to take Harry as my apprentice. As my student he is considered a member of the village and gains all the advantages that come with it."

"Apprentice?" Albus asked. "In what field I must ask"

"Potions. Your potion professor, while a brilliant potion master that even I have heard of, is a shit teacher," Cologne said. "Once I cleared up the confusion the boy had with his potions, he took to it like a duck to water. My daughter had a head for potions much like I do but she passed away when Poe was a small child. Neither my grandson nor my great granddaughter has what it takes to be a potion master/mistress. I'm not about to let Harry slip through my fingers now that I have someone to pass my knowledge onto."

"Hmm," Albus stroked his beard again; this could be the solution to his problem in fulfilling the potion post. "How do you feel about teaching more than Mr. Potter? I have given Severus the Defense position and am now without a potion professor. The man I wished to fulfill the spot has declined."

"If I do, it will not be as much as I plan on teaching Harry," Cologne pointed out.

"Of course not, as his teacher and master you would teach him more," Albus agreed. Cologne nodded, taking out her pipe and lighting it up.

"I have conditions," She said after a few minutes. "Firstly that thing is coming out of the boy; I have the means and know-how to do so. Secondly, depending out how everything turns out here I may bring my Great Granddaughter with me as well. She still has much to learn before she can take her place as the leader of our village. My grandson would stay here to run the Nekohanten in the meanwhile."

"I suppose if you can remove the horcux from Mr. Potter I do not see a problem with that. But it is still his destiny to find and destroy the rest of them," Albus said. "How do you plan on getting around that?"

"This war of yours will be little problem, Joketsuzoku will always come to the aid of their tribe members," Cologne said with an unconcerned wave of her hand. "We are some of the best warriors and hunters in the world, these 'Death Eaters' will not stand a chance against Joketsuzoku warriors. If he has to take this task I think he will have no problem, he shall retrieve any help he needs from his new tribe mates. The boy has also made friends among some of the best marital artists of this generation; the Hibiki boy will do anything for him as it is."

"I see," Albus's eyes twinkled merrily, he didn't foresee this but if they could bring a quick end to this pointless war, and by people who had no magic of their own to knock down some of the purebloods, he would take it. He wouldn't be around to see the end of the war but he had a good feeling it was going to work out. "Well, for your second request I do not see a problem with Miss Shampoo joining you at the school. Professors are allowed to have family live with them after all."

The pair talked for a while longer, discussing Cologne's pay, her rooms, what books she would have the student’s use, she was content to continue letting the students use the books Severus used every year, and time set aside to teach Shampoo and to teach Harry as her students. They also spoke about when they would attempt to dislodge the piece of Riddle's soul attached to Harry, Cologne vouched for the winter holidays giving her time to gather the ingredients which could only be picked at certain times of the year and to brew the potion needed.

Later when Albus retired to the room that Cologne let him borrow, he felt better. Cologne was a fine conversationalist and he was shocked to learn she was much older than him but moved around as if she was younger. Now with the Amazon elder agreeing to take up potions, Snape was fully free to take up DADA. Now there was only the matter of young Mister Malfoy, Severus informed him that the boy had taken the dark mark and given the mission to kill him among other things. He didn't think the young blond was a killer and knew that his parents’ lives were the driving force to join Tom. The elderly Headmaster still had hopes the boy could be saved.

***

The next morning was a flurry of activity as Harry, Hedwig and Sirius gathered everything they needed to return to England. Fawkes had returned with Harry and Ryoga's letters, Ryoga blinking in surprise as he received one. After reading the letter and getting puppy dog eyes from Harry, the lost boy agreed to join Hogwarts to finish his magic education.

Cologne also took the time to take Harry aside to inform him that not only would she be joining them a little later as their new potion teacher but she also wished for him to agree to be her apprentice in potions. The Potter heir was surprised at the request but as he enjoyed potions more when Cologne taught him and would rather her that Snape any day, agreed to become her student. Harry also agreed as he felt he owed Cologne for all the help she had given him since he got her: letting him stay at the Nekohanten and help out part time, re-teaching him potions that reignited his love and curiosity for them, something Snape killed that very first potion class when he was such an asshole to the boy, and of course the biggest thing for Harry, getting Sirius back.

So among the flurry of packing and getting ready to leave sat Albus in the main room of the Nekohanten enjoying a bowl of ramen. Severus sat on the other side of the table, the dower man's arms crossed over his chest.

"Really Severus, you must try this ramen," Albus said, pointing a pair of chopsticks at the bowl he was eating out of. The younger man just sneered; give him an English breakfast any day. Both men looked up as the bell above the door rang, in the doorway stood Ranma's grandfather Katsuro. "Tanaka-san!" Albus called, recognizing the younger wizard from the ICW meetings. He quickly put his chopsticks down next to bowl of ramen and bowed in greeting.

"Dumbledore-san," Katsuro said with a returned bow. "I was hoping to catch you before your return to England." Albus looked curious as he motioned for Katsuro to sit at the table.

"Something to do with the ICW?" He asked even more curious as Katsuro shook his head.

"If I am not mistaken, you have met my grandchild yesterday," Katsuro said. Albus wondered for a moment who Katsuro's grandchild was having only met Ryoga and Ranma the day before. "The one with the curse that blessed him with the ability to use magic."

"oh!" Albus said as he made the connection. "You mean Mr. Saotome?"

"Hai," Katsuro nodded his head. "I would like to request a place for Ranma in your school. It is known here that my grandson is a squib but not my 'granddaughter'."

"And you would like Ranma to catch up on his magic education away from Japan's schools," Dumbledore guessed. Katsuro nodded his head. "Well I don't see a problem if Mr. Saotome agrees to it."

"My grandchild will agree," Katsuro said firmly.

Meanwhile upstairs Ryoga was on the phone with his father, explaining the offer he had been given to join Hogwarts. Shirokuro panted softly as he laid his head on Ryoga's leg. Checkers and the puppies had gone back to the Hibiki household but Shirokuro had refused to leave Ryoga's side.

~I don't see a problem with it son,~ Ryoga's father Ryoichi said on the other end of the line. ~I know your mother will be thrilled that you're taking another chance at a magic school. I'll tell her next time I see her.~

~Thanks Tou-san,~ Ryoga said with a grin.

~Just have a good time Son,~ Ryoichi said before hanging up. Ryoga put the phone back on the hook and ran his hand over Shirokuro's head.

"Hmm, why don't you go home Shiro?" Ryoga asked, sighing as the dog shook his head.

"Problems?" Remus asked as he passed by.

"My dog doesn't want to go back to the house," Ryoga admitted. "He's determine to stay here."

"Well... have you considered that he might be your familiar?" Remus asked. "If he knows you’re going to a school of magic, he'll want to come to."

"Do you think he is? I thought it might be Checkers," Ryoga said, looking down at Shirokuro again.

"Ruff ruff!" Shirokuro barked happily, wagging his tail.

"Well she might be too, you can have more than one familiar," Remus mused. "They might have decided that he's the better choice to come with you or the other one might have decided not to come because of those puppies."

"Will I be able to bring my dog?" Ryoga asked. "That letter said only a cat, owl or toad."

"Those are general pets but the rules are different for familiars," Remus assured him. "Familiars are connected to a witch or wizard's magic. Cats, owls, and toads are the most common animals that became familiars but as you can see other animals can be familiars too." Ryoga felt better know he could bring at least one of his beloved pets.

***

"You're leaving!?!?! Why Ran-chan!?" Ukyo yelled at the pigtailed boy.

"Look, it isn't my choice," Ranma said with a huff, crossing his arms over his chest. "Gramps is making me go to this school in England or something."

"What about us?" Ukyo said with a pout. Ranma sighed, reaching up to rub his forehead.

"Ukyo for the last time there isn't an 'us'," he said. Ranma's grandfather had come by the Tendo's that morning and informed Ranma that he would be attending the magic school called Hogwarts and would be leaving this afternoon. The man also informed Soun and the rest of the Tendo's that for now the engagement was on hold. Both Soun and Genma tried to put up a stink or at least tried to get Ranma and Akane married before Ranma left but Katsuro made it very clear that would not be happening.

"Sure there is Ran-chan, you're my fiancée," Ukyo said with a scowl. She hated it when Ranma tried to play off their engagement. Clearly she was the best choice for Ranma if the boy could just see that. Ranma sighed, Ukyo was like a dog with a bone about this.

"Gramps said right now none of the engagements are happening," He said with a shake of his head.

"Can he do that?" Ukyo said with wide eyes.

"I guess he can. He scared Pops straight when he came over this morning," Ranma said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Look Ucchan, I just wanted to warn you that I'll be gone for a while. Who knows how long this new school thing will last and I'll be back in the summers at least."

"Can't you just tell me where you are going? I can opening up a new store there and transfer also," Ukyo suggest.

"I don't think that will work" Ranma said with a shake of his head. "Look, I'm sorry but I don't think we'll see each other for a while." Ranma slid off the stool at the counter and left Ukyo's restaurant. Ukyo watched him leave, a determine look in her eyes. She would find out where Ranma was going and would be joining him there. She wasn't going to let him go so easily.

**

"Good bye Harry," Shampoo said, hugging Harry and knocking the breath out of him at how tight she squeezed him. "Maybe Shampoo see Harry real real soon. Shampoo might come with Great Grandmother to magic school."

"That would be great, I could introduce you to my other friends," Harry said with a smile, Shampoo would knock the socks off any of the guys at Hogwarts. Shampoo smiled brightly then turned to Ryoga.

"Pig boy keep close eye on Harry," Shampoo said firmly. "Stay close, keep him safe."

"Don't worry," Ryoga said softly. "I will." Shampoo studied him for a moment then nodded her head, going back over to Cologne’s side.

"After I settled things here, I will make my way to England," Cologne told Albus.

"I look forward to it Elder Cologne," Albus said with a smile then turned to the group. "Ah, all ready to go then? We just need to wait for one more person." Everyone in the group heading back to England looked at Albus curious, barring Severus who knew who the person was. "I believe that's them now," The headmaster said as the back door of the restaurant opened into the alleyway.

"Ranma?" Ryoga said in surprise. "What are you doing here?" He asked when he saw his rival standing next to an older man he didn't recognize.

"My grandfather found out I can use magic as a girl," Ranma grumbled as he walked over to the group with his pack in hand. "He's making me go to that magic school." Ranma’s grandfather left once the man was sure the teen was set to leave.

"Now, I believe that is everyone," Albus said. He reached into his robe and took out a piece of robe. "If everyone would grab a piece?"

Harry glared at the rope, he hated Portkeys, but grabbed the rope along with everyone else. Isamu and Shirokuro also snagged their piece. Ranma just looked confused but complied.

"And 3...2...1..." Ranma yelped loudly as it felt like something hooked behind his navel and he was whisked away in a flash of colorful light.

***

Everyone reappeared in a flash of light in a second alleyway, not far from Grimmauld Place. Harry stumbled and almost landed in a heap on the ground only to be caught by Ryoga who managed to keep his footing. Hedwig was caught as well by Sirius.

"What the HELL was THAT!?!" Ranma yelled once he got his bearings.

"It was an international portkey Mr. Saotome," Albus explained.

"I will be going now," Severus told Albus softly who nodded. The Potion Master apparated away much to everyone else’s relief.

"Now, shall we?" Albus asked the group. Sirius changed into Padfoot and with a yip ran ahead playfully with Shirokuro. Isamu landed on Harry's shoulder while the young wizard grabbed Ryoga's hand. They all made an odd site walking down the street but as it was now early in the day thanks to time zones, no one really paid them any attention. "Mr. Hibiki, Mr. Saotome, Miss Potter, if you would please read this and commit to memory," Albus said as he handed slips of paper to Ryoga, Ranma, and Hedwig. For the sake of no one finding out Hedwig wasn't a born, normal witch Albus had papers drawn up for her that proclaimed her a Potter with Harry's permission.

"Why is it so important to read this?" Ranma asked as he read the 'Grimmauld Place is at Number 12' on the paper. He looked up startled as a building started to grow between buildings 11 and 13.

"Come along, come along," Albus said, motioning for everyone to enter. Sirius looked sulky as he entered the house he hated so much.

"Albus is that you? Have you heard any... Harry!" Molly Weasley came from the stairs leading to the kitchen, yelling as she saw Harry. Her shout awoke Sirius's mother hateful painting whose curtains drew back and she started to yell loudly about freaks and mudbloods in her home. Molly rushed forward and swept Harry into a crushing hug while all the noise alerted everyone else in the house, brining the other young witches and wizards. Many of them yelled excitedly as they saw Harry and rushed forward to hug him as well.

"Shut up you hateful old bat!" Sirius yelled as he changed back into human to yell at his mother.

"Sir-sirius?" Hermione asked while the Weasleys looking on in shock. Sirius managed to wrestle close the curtains and turned to the rest.

"Ello everyone," He said with a large grin. "Miss me?"

*****

(1) As far as I know, Nodoka's family is never mentioned only the Saotome family ancestors which I assume are Genma's family. Since Nodoka is a squib, she was loosely disowned from her family and ended up with Genma for whatever reason.

(2) According to a wand wood site I found called vallywands dot com, Alder that is symbolized with strenght, tenacity and determination. All three fit Ranma. He's both psychically strong and has strength of character. He's very tenacitious and he's very determine when he/she puts her mind to it like when he has a chance at a cure, learning a new marital art from or attack, ect ect. A Sha meanwhile is another name for what's called a 'Set Animal'. Set is the Egyptian God of Darkness and Chaos, chaos is always what I always connect Ranma with. No one knows just what a Set Animal/Sha is but let’s just assume it's some sort of magical creature.

Edit 7-6-14: Most grammar and the correct spelling of words.
Sign up to rate and review this story