Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Eleven

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Cloud and Aerith reunite, Sephiroth loses his mind for some time but Kuja helps.

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-07-23 - 1787 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Chapter Eleven: To Rest

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Sephiroth and Kuja just stood there as Squall stared at the grave he'd buried her in. He'd dug it himself, so coldly, without a word. His blue-grey eyes staring at the grave. Why had this happened? Why hadn't he been allowed to gain something back!? Aerith came back! Why couldn't Raine!? It was too much as he punched a tree, rattling it badly, the Lion Heart gun blade glowed a little before he sighed and just looked to the other two.

"Come on, we have to get going." spoke Squall.

"Are you sure?" asked Sephiroth.

Squall nodded and began down the path following it down towards where Aerith was going. Sephiroth and Kuja just followed him, they stopped before going ahead too much though when they saw a gate close, they were surrounded, Aerith had made it through, but the villagers were closing in on them now. Squall was in no mood as he gave a "hmph." Sephiroth pulled out the blade he had, and Kuja got into a spell casting position.

"We don't have time for this." spoke Squall in annoyance as he began to cut them down to size, Lion Heart was of course immune to parasites as he used its trigger ability and set them ablaze.

Sephiroth of course cut them down, showing off his expertise swordsman skills, Kuja kept unleashing holy and flare attacks upon them. Sephiroth was getting a little lost in the blood lust, but he tried to fight it. His inner demons rearing as he could almost feel Jenova inside of him again, pulling the strings to make him go into madness. Which was when he almost struck Squall who growled, but Squall saw the look in Sephiroth's eyes and quickly jumped in front of Kuja who Sephiroth had turned his attentions on.

"Sephiroth! Control yourself!" exclaimed Squall.

Kuja looked to Sephiroth who was struggling, gripping his head as he fell to his knees, still so many enemies around and Sephiroth losing himself. Kuja looked to the enemies surrounding them.

"I may have been mistaken in my life before this, I was searching, endlessly searching for my fairy tale. This may not be a fairy tale, but it's closer then anything I've ever had." spoke Kuja.

Kuja felt power being drawn to him, he smirked as his trance form was taken upon his body. The red feathers across his gorgeous form, his hair turning red as he rose up into the sky and the clouds gathered in a black warning.

"I will see you all burn." spoke his poetic tone.

Kuja then summoned Bahamut, Neo Bahamut, Bahamut Zero, and Tiamat. The four great dragons of terror rained down from the sky and unleashed furious blasts of energy onto the villagers, slaughtering them in a bunch of screams. Kuja came down his body returning to normal, Squall was impressed by the power but he was still on guard from Sephiroth. Kuja looked to Squall giving him a look, Squall nodded and Kuja walked over to Sephiroth.

"It's ok, the fight is over my moonlit canary. Please remember which ones we must fight, not each other." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth looked to Kuja, feeling his control slipping, he reached out and yet just as he was about to choke Kuja, he could not as his hand fell onto the other's shoulder.

"I'm a murderer, a demon, a nightmare." spoke Sephiroth.

Kuja nodded. "That you are my dear, but you must direct it now. Not everyone is the enemy anymore. You have me, you don't want me dead, do you?" asked Kuja.

"Don't you want them all dead!? For what they did to us!?" exclaimed Sephiroth.

"Maybe they've made mistakes, but you must remember that you have been given a new life, a new chance. Do not make me strike you down in it!" spoke Kuja, finally turning on his threatening side.

This made Sephiroth finally snap back as he fell to his knees, Kuja smirked and dropped to his knees beside the other.

"I'm...I'm sorry. You're right. We can still kill, we just have to make sure it's the right enemy this time." spoke Sephiroth.

"You may have inner demons, as do I. But together my moonlit canary, we will make it through them." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth smirked at Kuja, but now it was Squall who spoke. "We need to find Aerith, she came through this way. Who knows if she's alright." spoke Squall.

Sephiroth nodded and stood up, as did Kuja. They began to make their way down the path which Aerith had gone down. Kuja slowly slipped his hand into Sephiroth's, smirking at him.

"I'm sorry that I almost hurt you." spoke Sephiroth.

Kuja smirked at this. "You can hurt me all you like beautiful. Just remember I have a rather bad bite myself." spoke Kuja's flirtatious tone.

Sephiroth smirked then and looked forward, as they followed Squall who was muttering to himself. "How did I get stuck with these two morons?" Squall of course then focused on Aerith, he wouldn't let anyone else die, at least not while he could control it. He hoped she wasn't in too much danger.

- Meanwhile -

Aerith was walking alone, fog had set in all around her as she made her way through the small village she'd come across. She suddenly heard breathing, backing herself into a wall with her princess guard held up against her.

"Hello?" she asked.

No answer, nothing but that breathing, that otherwise silence was surrounding her. Aerith gulped a little to herself but kept going, she could face this, she had to face this. She began looking as she walked, inside the huts. What she saw was a gruesome site. Many villagers here had been destroyed by something, something of great colossal power. It looked like their limbs had been torn from them by razor sharp teeth of some sort. Upon closer examination these villagers had not been infected by parasites, but instead eaten by something that obviously was. She wasn't really willing to stick around and find out, that's when she heard the breathing get closer and closer, her skin was crawling.

"Who's there?" she asked as she slowly backed out of the building and looked around slowly.

That's when the creature appeared, a regenerator, the thing was black, it had sharp teeth, it was breathing and it was coming right for her. She of course began using her materias, trying the holy spell, it bounced right off. She then tried the wind spell, it barely affected the thing. She then used the quake spell, but the thing was so rubbery it was immune.

'Not good.' she thought to herself.

She tried to run but the thing was fast, as she hit it with her princess guard, once again it was immune. She growled and managed to step on it hard breaking away from its grasp. She made a run for it when the thing grabbed her leg and was just about to bite into her, she screamed but then a sound, her eyes closed and she slowly opened them, looking up was a blonde soldier with spiky hair, blue eyes, and a large sword. Cloud.

"Cloud!" she exclaimed in shock.

He looked to her, his eyes going wide at her, he smiled at her and handed her his hand, she took it and he picked her up.

"Aerith." he spoke in awe of her being alive.

She smiled and nodded, however the creature which had been sliced down by Cloud was now regenerating, Cloud held Aerith close and he got into a battle stance.

"I'll protect you." spoke Cloud.

"Cloud I..." began Aerith.

"No, I'm still your bodyguard." spoke Cloud.

Aerith smiled and nodded, that's when Squall, Kuja, and Sephiroth ran up. Squall saw the creature going for Cloud and Aerith, he ran up to it and unleashed some blizzard attacks, the freezing cold ice seemed to affect the parasites on it, making it vulnerable as Aerith hit the parasites which were now visible and destroyed them, Cloud doing the same as the creature melted into the ground.

"Aerith are you alright?" asked Squall.

She nodded. "Thanks to Cloud and you." she spoke.

Squall looked to Cloud who nodded to him, but then Cloud spotted Sephiroth, his arm around Aerith tightening its grip as he drew his sword, but Aerith stopped him.

"It's ok now, he won't hurt me or any of us." she spoke.

Cloud looked to her in shock, but he knew he could always trust Aerith's words, despite what all had happened and losing her, he knew she was usually right, after all she had saved the planet.

"I can't believe you're here." spoke Cloud looking to her.

"Actually everyone was reborn, not just her. I ran into my mother earlier." spoke Squall.

Aerith's eyes went wide at Squall, but judging by the look on his face it had not ended well.

"At any rate we came here to search for vials." spoke Sephiroth.

"Oh right, Cloud I should inform you on what's going on." spoke Aerith.

She began to explain to Cloud who slowly kept up and nodded at the end. "So Tifa and Marlene are here as well as Cid. Well I'll do my best to help." spoke Cloud.

"Is your weapon safe?" asked Aerith.

He glanced at his sword, crawling with parasites, he just shrugged. Cloud was wearing a pair of black worker's gloves, a pair of brown pants, a white button up shirt, and a pair of black worker boots.

"Then we should look for metal to melt down upon it, right? After all it will make the weapon shimmer and strong." spoke Kuja.

Aerith nodded and they began to look, it was Squall who found some onyx in one of the hill sides, he chipped away at it, gathering chunks of the hard metal, luckily Lion Heart was a strong gun blade. Sephiroth found some food supplies, mostly potatoes as he bagged them, while Kuja found a few blankets. Aerith of course found some clean water and bottles and after washing them out, she filled them. Pretty soon they were all ready to head back together, Cloud remained close to Aerith, as he smiled at her.

"I missed you." he spoke.

She smiled at him, her heart fluttering like it had when she'd first met him. "I missed you too." she spoke as she led them back.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Author: Alright so I hope everyone understand Aerith is not a damsel in distress, she tried, she fought, and yes she was saved. But this was just for the plot. Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story