Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Twelve

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

the party continues on, surviving as best as they can

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-11-27 - 1732 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfic.

1212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Chapter Twelve: A Good Meal

1212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Auron and Tifa had back tracked to the previous village which they hadn't really had a good look at. Her brown eyes looked around as she folded her arms, while Auron stepped forward.

"Hm this place seems to be worse for ware." spoke Auron.

"What do you mean?" asked Tifa.

"I mean is that it's starting to collapse in on itself." he spoke and pointed to a roof.

Just as he pointed the roof caved in, the place was rotting and desolate. Tifa sighed and began to look around while Auron slowly searched as well.

"You know, you're definitely one of the most blunt men I've ever met, aside from Cid and Barret. Even so you told me something I needed to hear. But what about you, what about your story?" asked Tifa.

Auron wasn't startled that she wanted to talk while they looked, but he did raise an eyebrow at the question.

"I shared that story with them in my world, saving it from Yevon's deceit. Even so, my story has always been that I would take on anything, no matter if I'm dead or not. I'm not dead now, but even when I was, I didn't let it stop me. I suppose you could say, I repented for the sins my friend's were forced to commit for Yevon. Now I'm just a drifter, a man who looks for more stories to join." spoke Auron's deep tone.

"And that's your purpose?" asked Tifa.

"I already fulfilled my destiny. But I think, my next destiny may be to join your story Tifa." spoke Auron.

"My story?" she asked.

"Surely you didn't think you'd get rid of me after this. You're a mother, a good woman, and deserve a story of your own. Even so, you'll need some help, correct?" spoke Auron.

Tifa frowned and looked down, wasn't she supposed to find it on her own? What was her purpose? Perhaps it was to be a mother, and to live happily. Without all the fighting, she knew her purpose was for others, maybe she and Auron were alike. He helped others, but he made it his story as well as theirs. She could help Cloud as his friend, she could be supportive to them all without being overbearing, she just had to give up on a romantic perception which was false. Auron now had granted her some sort of freedom. She smiled to him and nodded.

"We'll both help everyone, our friends, our family, together." she spoke.

Auron nodded, but he quickly backed up, upon seeing something, Tifa looked to him and then looked up at whatever he saw, quickly putting herself into a fighting position.

Novistadors, strong insect-like creatures flew at them. Auron struck them down with a 'hmph' but more and more were coming. Tifa unleashed some fire and blizzard strikes at a few of them before punching a couple others hard enough to break their shells and kicking them down into the ground before stomping on them. Auron saw quite a few more coming, using his expert swordsman skills he cut them down as they came, he then unleashed a few skills such as his ability to power break them, knocking their arms down to size with this ability so they couldn't jab as well. Auron then growled as around ten more came.

"Enough." he spoke and walked forward, feeling the power invigorate him. Auron used his power, feeling the wind surround him as he unleashed his Tornado overdrive, the creatures were spun horribly in the treacherous winds, he then of course grabbed Tifa's hand, smirking at her she nodded and unleashed the fire materia onto the tornado lighting it up in flames as the creatures fell dead. Auron walked over and examined their corpses as they melted and found a couple of gems, he pocketed them and looked to Tifa.

"You know, any man who does get you would be lucky. Just make sure he knows what you want, and you know what he wants." spoke Auron.

Tifa smiled and blushed a little, nodding slowly as she followed him. Auron was obviously a good friend and she was glad to have him around, of course he was far too old for her tastes, but still Tifa felt better now after being around him. They found some papers that had been left behind by one of the scientists, Auron of course read them, it was all the health problems the parasite would actually cause to the body if entering the blood stream, and how to reverse the damage. He knew they'd need these for Sephiroth's sake since he'd been infected before. Tifa found some blankets, while Auron grabbed a couple of empty bags and they began to make their way back to the central village with Laguna and Cid.

-Meanwhile-

Laguna was sitting with Cid in the hut, when Lightning walked in with her supplies, looking to them both, Laguna spoke up.

"Where's Squall?" he asked.

"He ran after someone who had his mother." spoke Lightning.

"Raine!? She's here!?" exclaimed Laguna standing up quickly.

Lightning sighed and set down the bag she had, Laguna had already ran out when he saw Squall, Aerith, Cloud, Kuja, and Sephiroth coming back.

"Where is she?" asked Laguna.

Squall sighed and looked down. "I couldn't save her." he spoke.

"What!?" roared Laguna in anger.

Cid ran out and grabbed Laguna's shoulder. "Hey it aint his fault." spoke Cid. "Some man with blue hair had her, he killed her." spoke Squall.

"A man with blue hair?" asked Auron while walking up with Tifa.

"Yeah said his name was Seymour, he had my mother, she was infected and bleeding badly. I couldn't save her in time." spoke Squall.

Laguna looked down, his eyes showing the sadness he felt as he began to cry, dropping to his knees. Auron sighed then and walked over.

"Seymour is a lost man, completely destroyed by his past." spoke Auron.

"I killed him." spoke Squall.

"As did we, but that man has come back more times then I can count. The only way we got rid of him was Yuna sending him." spoke Auron.

"You mean he's immortal?" asked Tifa.

Auron simply nodded. "He'll probably be back, and it sounds like unlike Sephiroth and Kuja, he hasn't changed one bit." spoke Auron.

"No he hasn't. So we should be on our guard about him?" asked Sephiroth.

Auron nodded and Squall sighed walking inside, Marlene hugged Laguna who was still kneeling on the ground and crying, he looked to her and she tried to give him a smile.

"Come on Laguna, we have to go inside." spoke Marlene.

Laguna gave a reluctant sigh and nodded, standing up slowly he followed Marlene inside. Slowly they all gathered around what they'd found. Lightning unveiled her apples, vials, and blanket. Tifa and Auron of course placed out the papers and blankets. Aerith walked in with the others, which was when Tifa noticed Cloud was with her.

"So you were here." spoke Tifa.

"It seems mostly everyone is." spoke Cloud.

"Well hey there spike, we got a little preoccupied." spoke Cid.

Marlene ran over and hugged Cloud who just smiled and pet the young girl's head. "I have to say, I wasn't expecting quite this much of a warm welcome." he spoke.

Aerith looked to the potatoes and then to Kuja. Kuja began to purify the apples and potatoes while Cloud sat down next to Lightning.

"So you're the infamous Cloud." spoke Lightning examining him.

"Infamous?" he asked.

"We've all heard things about you." spoke Lightning.

"Don't worry Cloud, nothing too bad." spoke Marlene.

Cloud just smirked, Laguna was of course sitting in the corner now, as the others looked to him. Squall sighed and threw some firewood in the fireplace helping a fire churn up.

"With these potatoes, I can make us a good meal. The apples we shouldn't cook but keep with us in case someone is really hungry while we're traveling." spoke Aerith.

"Or I could make us a good apple pie with them, we could all use a treat." spoke Tifa.

"Do we have the makings for the rest of the pie?" asked Aerith,

"We have some flour in the cupboards here but I'm not sure how clean it is." spoke Marlene.

Kuja walked over and began to purify it as well, Tifa smiled as she found some old spices in some of the other cupboards, soon she was making an apple pie as Aerith cooked the potatoes. Cloud of course wasn't just sitting around as Marlene had him helping clean dishes. Laguna was in the corner still, but Cid was sitting next to him trying to console him. Finally it was Squal who walked over and put a hand on Laguna's shoulder, Laguna looked up a little in shock.

"You're not angry with me?" asked Laguna.

"No I'm angry at myself for not saving her this time. But you know, some things can't be helped. I realize maybe it's time I began to let go of my feelings of resentment towards you." spoke Squall.

Laguna finally smiled a little as Squall sat down on the other side of him. Marlene was running around excitedly helping the three prepare dinner. Lightning punched Squall in the arm with a smirk, he smirked back at her and gave a small nod. Finally the dinner was ready and they all sat down at the table. Auron of course poured the left over water for them to drink as they looked at the food laid before them.

"We're lucky to have good cooks with us." spoke Sephiroth.

Aerith and Tifa both smiled at the compliment and they all began to dig in, eating the food which was properly seasoned. No one went hungry that night as they all wrapped themselves in blankets and slept a good night's sleep, waiting for the next day and what might come their way.

1212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Author: Alright so obviously I'm just using the villains from RE4 and some of the characters. The exact map I'm not using, I'm just kinda rolling with the basic feel of the world. It's dank, covered in small rotting villages, and has some stone castles in it. So don't try to follow the RE4 world exactly >> Please review though ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story