Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Playing Happy Families

Chapter 5

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-30 - 1362 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey guys, hoped you've liked the story so far. Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 5

"Michael don't be stupid, Gerard wouldn't do that. Stop telling lies" Mikeys mother told him when he tried to explained everything. She didnt even turn up at the hospital for her own son. "Don't be looking for attention!" She didnt even ask how he was.

But that wasnt what Mikey was looking for. He wasnt looking for attention from his mom. He was looking for the truth to be told (he knew he was the only one who was gonna tell it) and a bit of approval from his family.

Mikey looked to Gerard who just stared back. Nothing! Not a single reaction. Nothing that made him look like he was on Mikeys side or that he was going to stick up for him.

"I wouldn't know what attention was if I got it!" Mikey whispered to himself.

"What's that, Mikey? Just stop it. Clear off the table and then go to your room." His mother ordered him. Again nothing from Gerard.

"Bu-"

"No Mikey, Now!"

"Mom-"

"I said NOW"

"NO MOM. IT WAS GERARD OKAY?! THINK IM LYING, FINE! I'LL REMEMBER THAT ON YOUR GRAVESTONE. IM THE SON YOU FORGOT YOU HAD. GERARD THIS GERARD THAT. WHY?! WHY IS IT SO HATD FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY SEE ME.?!"

"Excuse me Michael!" She yelled "Stop that silly talking. You are just jealous at how good your brother is. Maybe you should take advice from him!" She said. Blood boiled in Mikey. He was like a volcano that was ready to explode any minute.
"And I do see you. Like I told you, clear the table and go to bed!"

"Gerard please...!" Mikey just broke down. His eyes began to water and his face was going red.

Gerard sat there emotionless. Like he had been since the hospital that day.

"Please?"

"I'm tired Im gonna go to bed. Night" Gerard said and got up a left, his mind seemed vacant as he stared into space.

"No! Gerard. Not this time. I can't anymo-" Mikey was interrupted.

"Mikey, leave him alone!" His mother warned.

"I can't keep acting like I'm invisible and then turn into a punch bag for you and your friends when it suits you. Please Gerard. You are killing me here."
Mikey begged

Gerard turned to face them.
"He...He's telling the tr-" He paused to stare at his shoes.

"He's telling the truth mom" He finally said.

"What do you mean honey? Has he told you to say this or something?" Their mother fussed around Gerard like usual.

"No! He is telling truth. I'm the one who got my friends to beat him up all those times. I'm the one who punched him upstairs. I'm the one who called him names. I'm the one who tricked him. I'm the one who made him have a panic attack today. Alright? So believe him. I've destroyed my brother and I can't forgive myself for that. Mikey I'm really sorry. I wish we could start again. I could be a proper brother." He hugged Mikey who was standing there shocked and speechless.

"I'm going to clear off the table tonight mom." Gerard finished.

"But Gerard, how... I thought you were..." Their mother tried to come up with a reasonable explanation for it. And excuse.
"You are the good one, though."

"No Mikey is, really! In fact you are almost as bad as me." Gerard stressed. Mikey just left the room with a smile on his face. The first time he smiled for ages in the house.

He stopped outside the room to listen.

"Mom, the kid is broken. You should have seen him to day. The terror on his face. I don't know why I didn't stop. I just kept going as usual. He needs people to talk to. People who he will trust. And if he only has two people, Frank and I, it's better than before. It's a start." Gerard talked to her.

"I think you should be one of those people too though." Gerard went into the sitting room.

Their mother stood there in shock and disbelief. She hated being wrong and now had no idea what to think or do.

Mikey walked up the stairs with a bigger smile on his face. He couldn't believe what had happened. That Gerard finally stood up for him. He was delighted. He knew he had a brother now. A proper brother.
Mikey thought maybe it was sad that he was so excited. But he didnt care. He had a brother who cared for him now.

-

The next morning Mikey rang Frank. It's not that Mikey is an early riser, it's more that 11:30am is considered the middle of the night to Frank on the weekends so you could clearly tell Frank had just been sleeping from the groggy, slurred voice on the phone.

"H'llo...?" Was all Frank managed to get out of his mouth.

"Frank? Are you okay?" Mikey asked not knowing how late Frank sleeps in til.

"No Mikey 'cause you woke me up at 12'clock. D'you know how many more hours sleep I could get righ' now?" Frank replied a little pissed off sounding but Mikey could tell Frank wasnt too mad or at least he hoped.

"Umm... A lot?" Mikey answered, not actually knowing how long someone could sleep on in the day without needing to get up but knowing Frank it was going to be abnormal anyway.

"'xactly. Now, why am I talking to you again?" Frank asked.

"Oh yeah! Gerard explained everything to mom. She didnt believe me at first but I begged Gee to tell the truth and he did. My mom was nearly exploding! And I'm so happy now. My brother actually likes me, er, I think. And my mom will possibly notice me now other than for the chores that she needs done. I probably sound really pathetic getting all excited but I'm just relieved that its out of the way now. You know I didn't even have to do dishes last night!" Mikey enthused about last night. Frank was delighted to hear this of course. He couldn't help but laugh at how happy the kid was. Of course what anyone would think creeped into his mind but he didnt want to be a downer to Mikey and say that you can't trust Gerard yet or something. He just agreed with Mikey.

"Wow, Mikes that's great. I'm glad you're happy now."

But Frank couldn't help it slip out.
"Just be careful, yeah?" He said.

The was moment of silence on the phone.

"What?" Mikey asked confused of what he meant.

"Never mind Mikey okay? I'm really happy for you." Frank tried to avoid it but Mikey pressed on.

"No, Frank what did you mean? Do you think I shouldn't trust Gerard?" Mikey worried over the phone.

"No Mikes. It's just-Nothing okay? It's nothing. Just make sure Gerard doesn't go back to his old self. I'm not saying he will Mikey. But I want you to be safe okay?"

"O-Okay, I think I should go Frank. Thanks" Mikey sounded dull and disappointed.

"No Mikes- Wait, I di-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mikey threw his phone on the floor. He wasnt angry or mad or sad or upset. He was just disappointed. He got his hopes up and his friend told him two words - Be careful - Thos words took him from sky high happiness to his usual boring lonesome life in his room. Frank was right though. That's what was worse. Mikey believed him. How could he just trust his brother for the first day after a life full of being bullied by him? He didnt blame Frank at all. Mikey just took everything as it came and didn't think about what could happen or what Gerard could do.

He lay on his bed for a while thinking about it all. He knew it was better than before at least for now his mother believed him. It just wasnt as good as everyone being friends and being happy and truthful. But that never happens and Mikey fully believed that now.
Sign up to rate and review this story