Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Playing Happy Families

Chapter 6

by KobraBlaze 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-31 - 1578 words - Complete

0Unrated
Next chapter is up! :)

Chapter 6

"Happy now Mikes? You got what you wanted. Now Mom believes you. And hates me." Gerard spoke from his door giving Mikey a fright.

"Gerard! No! That-Thats not what I wanted! I wanted for us to be brothers again. And be friends and I just wanted mom to know that I'm not what she sees me as." Mikey explained urgently.

Gerard stood there with disgust on his face and Mikey could only take Frank's advice.

"That can't happen Mikey. It's either you or me that mom is going to like. You know how she is. It's whoever wins her over. And you won Mikey." Gerard sighed.

"But Gerard. It doesn't have to be that way! We can still be friends. We can act like brothers, can't we?" Mikey was half begging, half telling him.

"I guess so Mikes. It's just going to be weird."

"Well, I don't need to talk to you in school. You can hangout with your... friends aslong as they don't annoy Frank or I and then at home we can hangout." Mikey said.

"But you see Mikes. They aren't my friends. I don't like them. I'd much prefer to hang out with my brother. And I feel bad for missing out on all the years I thought I hated you. I don't know what school is going to be like. And if mom is acting the way she is, you aren't going to be even allowed to look at me. She hates me right now Mikey." Gerard sat down beside Mikey on the bed.

"But she shouldn't- we can do someth-"

"She should Mikey. I deserve it."

"No you don-"

"Yes I do Mikes. I thought atleast you would agree."

"I just want to have my brother... Why does our family have to be messed up like this?" Mikey slammed his fist down on the bed.

"Because we are Mikes. Mom was always like this. Even before dad left. We just didnt notice cause dad was nicer." Gerard explained to his brother.

"Well he was the one that left." Mikey stated showing resentment. Mikey loved his dad of course. He was the one that gave them attention. Their mother was too busy clinging onto him for his money. She loved him, yes, but she loved the money he got more.

Mikey could never hold anything against his father. He just wished he never left. Or if he could have left with him.

"True. And if we had sense back then we would have left with him. Mom tore this family apart. She pushed dad away. She hated you for no reason for so long until now. She split us apart. I thought what I was doing was the right thing because she said so. I'm really sorry Mikey." Gerard gave Mikey a little hug. Mikey wasn't used to hugging or any kind of family affection.

"It's okay Gerard." Mikey knew Gerard had changed. He was unsure for a minute. But now he was certain. "It's moms fault like you said. Where do you think dad is now?" Mikey asked innocently.

"No idea kid. Probably far away from here anyway!" Gerard replied. Gerard sat there with an arm around Mikey for a while in silence.

"I never realised how much I missed this." Gerard said smiling.

"Miss? I never remember you even wanting to go near me." Mikey replied confused.

Gerard frowned at his reply.
"You were probably too young. Dad used to sit with us outside in the grass like this. He used to just sit and hold on to us. I used to do it with you then. Wanting to be as good as dad. I guess you were only 3 maybe?" Gerard gave a little chuckle at the memory.

"I wish I could remember dad properly. I only remember some parts." Mikey sighed and sadness etched his face.

"I'll tell you all about him some day!" Gerard felt privileged to be able to talk to Mikey after everything. He knew he wasn't letting go of what had anytime soon.

"Thanks, Gee." Mikey smiled.

"Well you haven't forgotten my nickname!" Gerard smiled

"'Course I haven't."
They both smiled.

"Mikey, love, you have a friend here." Their mother called out.

Since when does she call me love he thought to himself.

Mikey walked out into the hallway and saw Frank there. "Hey Frank!"

"I hope Gerard isn't talking to you, is he? He is a bad influence." She interrupted.

"No mom" Mikey lied.

"Hey Mikey. What's up? Better be something good because I actually got up and I wasn't even told to. This was by choice!" Frank stressed. Mikey took it as a joke but really he was being dead serious.

"Come here." Mikey lead him to his room.

"Hey Frank" Gerard said.

"H-hey" Frank replied not looking at him.

"Frank it's okay. We talked and everything is okay. No bad feelings. So I hope there isn't any between you two." Mikey said.

"Friends?" Gerard held out his hand.

Frank took a minute to decided. Eyes glancing between Mikey and Gerard.

"Okay!" Frank agreed happily.

"What, may I ask, actually fixed all this so quickly?" Frank questioned them both just to be sure.

"Well I guess we just needed to talk for a really long time. Didnt we?" Gerard said and looked to Mikey who nodded.

"Good enough for me" Frank laughed.

The weekend passed too quickly for Gerard. He didn't know how this was going to work. Does he explain to his "friends" he isn't going to be hanging out with them or terrorising kids? No. That's not going to happen. He can think of some bad outcomes from that.

Does he just ignore them for the day? But he shares classes with them and they'll be asking him questions.

He decided to see what just happens. If they were talking to him he would walk away, say he's tired or something, maybe eventually they would get the idea, in a million years! Gerard thought to himself

He walked in to the kitchen. Mikey was already up, staring into his cereal bowl. He looked kinda sad, well not sad but Gerard could tell he was in a quiet mood. Not that Gerard was used to seeing him bouncing around in happiness but he was able to sense tension in the room.

"Mikey, love, get ready for school" Their mother called once she noticed Gerard enter the room

Mikey got up and brought his dish over to the sink.

"Morning Mikes." Gerard said trying to make him smile or at least lift his head.

But there was no response from him. He just scurried to his room.

The response from his mother was enough though. She gave a fierce scowl to Gerard and went back to washing the dishes.

Gerard opened the press. To his surprise there was a lack of dishes. In fact there was no bowls so he took out a small plate and got toast.

He opened the bread bin. It too was scarce of bread. Just the crusts were left. Gerard decided he just had to make do. But just out of curiosity he asked where it was gone.

"Where's all the bread? We only bought a new pan yesterday!" Gerard asked.

"I left the crusts for you. Keeping the rest for myself and Mikey. Cause he deserves it." She said the last sentence with a stern tone.

Okaaaay... Gerard thought to himself.

He got the idea that he was going to be treated the same was Mikey was. Great!

That's why Mikey was quiet Gerard concluded. He remembered being told not to talk to that "little, pathetic, good for nothing slave" when their mother favoured Gerard. He thought about it more, he even wonders how Mikey didn't explode years ago. How is he not going insane inside?! Because even Gerard was beginning to feel irritated with this treatment and it was only the morning.

He hoped Mikey really was okay though.

Gerard was looking for the keys to his car. He couldn't find them anywhere. They are usually hanging up by the door but they had disappeared. He saw Mikey heading for the door.

"Hey Mikey, you haven't seen my keys have you? I can give you a lift if you want too." He offered.

Mikeys eyes shifted around the room nervously and it was easy to tell something was up.

"Uh... No sorry. I'm going to school." He said in a flat tone.

"Yeah, I'll just walk with you I guess." Gerard sighed.

"Mikey have you not left yet? Go on!" Their mother was standing in the kitchen watching them.

"Yes mom" Mikey left in a hurry and Gerard was about to follow.

"Gerard." She called him back with a voice as if he was about to be in trouble.

"I want you to stay away from Mikey. He doesn't need you ruining his life. Don't talk to him or me okay? And at home, just do the chores and then go to your room, clear?" She ordered him.

He just nodded like Mikey would have done.

"Now go to school!" She said.

He walked out the door as he was told. He couldn't even spot Mikey in the distance. He understood now why Mikey isn't really talking to him.

~

Thanks for reading lads. Leave a review if you have a chance please! I love knowing what you guys think of my story. Thanks :)
Sign up to rate and review this story