Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Vines

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kato and Michiko start to get to know each other.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-07-31 - 678 words - Complete

0Unrated
Vines

First, I had to find Michiko and talk to her. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Her family owns a huge sake brewery. Their name is well known around Japan. I should start there. I looked her up in the phone book to get an address, and my luck began to turn around for that day.

"Ah!" I said to myself on my lunch break. "Here she is!" I wrote down the address and put the paper in my pocket. A smile came onto my face. Found ya!

I tried to keep myself under control. Glancing at the clock never helped time go faster. I had learned that the hard way before. I still can't help doing so, though. I took in deep breaths to keep myself calm. Damn it! Why does time have to drag on? I sat back in my chair. I needed something to do until six o'clock. I looked around at my desk; maybe a little paperwork could keep my mind occupied. I picked up my pen and got to work. I fought to keep myself awake in the process. Of course, I had little success with that. I jerked myself awake just as I began to fall asleep, and finished up the last paper. Just in time for me to go find my future wife.

Michiko lived in an upscale neighborhood at the time. The houses were all newly built. Not in a cheap way, either. I suspected that old money was involved in this case. With parents like Michiko's, I wouldn't be surprised. I took out the sheet of paper and read over the address.

"White Cherry Blossom Cloud House," I read to myself. I looked around at the multiple houses on either side of me. Based on the information the taxi driver told me during the hour-long drive to the wealthier parts of Tokyo, I should be looking for a big white house with a plum red roof. I rolled my shoulders around as I gathered up my thoughts.

Alright, I thought confidently. I can do this. I began my walk down the road. Near the back end of the pond, I found the house I was searching for. My jaw dropped, my eyes as big as saucers.

"Whoa!" I mumbled. This wasn't a house. My future wife lived in a freaking castle! This place could put all of the castles of this country in the picture books. No, it looked much better than those castles. I blinked many times. Old money could buy all of this? Okay! I walked down the path and made it to the door. I counted to ten backwards in my head before knocking. I paced around a bit and straightened my hair before the door opened. I stood straight and saw my Michiko looking me up and down.

"Yes?" she asked. I put on a smile for this lovely lady.

"Hi," I said. Michiko blinked.

"Can… I help you?" she asked.

"I'm Iwao," I said. "Remember? We met earlier this morning waiting for taxi." It took her a moment to remember what I was talking about.

"Oh, yeah!" she said. "How did you find me?"

"I looked you up in the phone book."

"You did? So, what brings you by?"

My cheeks turned bright red as I gathered up my courage. "I really like you! Will you go out on a date with me?" I looked up at her. Michiko gave me a little smile.

"A date?" she repeated.

"Yes," I replied. "If it's too much, we could just go to lunch together or something." I hoped that she would say yes.

"It's too early for us to go out on a date," Michiko said. "But lunch is just fine. How is Sunday afternoon?" I nodded my head up and down while blushing.

"Perfect!" I said aloud. "I'll be happy to go to lunch this Sunday afternoon!"

"Anything else?" she asked. I shook my head.

"No," I said. "I guess I'll leave." I quickly turned and left. I actually have a date this week!
Sign up to rate and review this story