Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Plum Blossoms

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Unsure about what to do with his feelings for Michiko, Kato turns to Harada-sama for guidance.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-07-20 - 592 words - Complete

0Unrated
Plum Blossoms

Michiko stayed on my mind for the rest of the day. She wasn't like any of the other women I had ever met. Strong-willed and confident, reminded me of Juriko years ago in a sense. No, Juriko gave off this icy vibe. Michiko had a warmer personality. I could approach her and she had those eyes that said adore me forever.

I began to realize something at that last thought. I shook my head at the conclusion.
No! I'm training to be a priest. I can't have a personal relationship. I shut my eyes to block her out. Her angelic face only got bigger. I wanted to kiss her lips so badly, hold her in my arms, run my fingers through her long hair.

I trembled at where my thoughts were headed. I opened my eyes as I lowered my shoulders, defeated. I can't handle this alone. I puffed out my cheeks, and readied myself to get some help.

The trip to Hirata-sama's office took about three minutes tops. I readied myself before I gave the door three good knocks.

"Enter!" I heard him say. I opened the big, oak door. Hirata-sama sat at his desk looking over his papers. He looked up when he heard me walking inside.

"Oh, Kato-kun," he said.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt you," I said as I closed the door behind me. The old man smiled as he shook his head.

"Not at all, my boy. I was just about to finish up to go to lunch. What's on your mind?"

"Well, I have a little problem."

"What exactly is it?"

"I met a woman this morning."

"Go on."

I felt my cheeks grow hot as I thought about Michiko. "She's really pretty."

Hirata-sama smiled. "Oh!"

I pressed my lips together and nodded. "Yeah."

He leaned in closer. "Do you think she is cute?"

My cheeks reddened even harder. "Yes…"

"So, what's the problem?" Hirata-sama asked.

I swallowed. "Well… I kind of want to stay celibate."

Hirata-sama looked at me, funny. "Why?"

"Aren't priests supposed to be like that?" I asked. I noticed that my mentor tried to hold his laughter. "What?"

"Who told you all of this?" he asked. I lowered my head.

"My old teacher," I mumbled.

"You mean, Arai-san?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said. Hirata-sama chuckled.

"That old stickler doesn't understand what it is to be alive," he said.

"Huh?" I asked with a blank stare.

"The only religion you have to be celibate as a priest is the Catholic one," he said.

"Really?" I asked with big eyes.

Hirata-sama shrugged. "I mean, that's your choice if you want to. Do you want that for yourself really?" I didn't have to be celibate if I didn't have to? I quickly shook my head.

"N-No!" I said. Hirata-sama smiled.

"Well then, I suggest pursuing this in a healthy way," he replied.

"How?" I asked.

"Get to know this Michiko first, ask her out on a date, take things slowly, and the rest will fall into place for you both," Hirata-sama said.

"O-kay…" I said in a half-mumble. Hirata-sama pressed the tips of his fingers together.

"Anything else?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No sir," I said. "In fact, I'm leaving right now." I turned and headed out the door. I pondered everything Hirata-sama told me. Get to know Michiko first, ask her out on a date, take things slowly, and the rest will fall into place for you both. Hm… I think I can wing it on his advice. I hope…
Sign up to rate and review this story