Categories > Original > Horror > Laughing Jack

Keeping a Secret

by The_Creepypasta_fan 2 reviews

I woke up in the middle of the night to see somebody standing beside my bed. I knew right away what Jack meant by, "I will see you very soon."

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-08-02 - 344 words

0Unrated
I felt something rubbing against the side of my head when I was sleeping. I opened my eyes to see someone standing next to my bed. I looked up and with that I greeted him with two words.

"Hello, Jack."

Jack had his finger over his lip and sat down next to me. "Shh," he hushed. "Now, I am going to do something, and you must be very quiet. Is that clear?" he whispered. I nodded, not making a sound. He put his hand on my chest, searching for my heartbeat, and when he found it, he looked at me, making eye contact. "I want you to be reminded of me at all times."

He put his long, sharp nail on my skin and started digging into it, still staring directly at my eyes. As Jack applied more pressure and my face went into a slight cringe, but I remained silent. Eventually, the shape of a J formed in the skin. When he was done, he slipped out the window and left. I stared down at the mark. His initial was clearly there. I then sunk into my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to see a blue Jolly Rancher on my end table. Jack must have left it there. I chewed on it as I got dressed and went downstairs. Mom noticed that I was chewing on something. "Honey, what are you eating?" she asked, a suspicious look in her eye.

"Jolly Rancher," I replied simply. "Where did you get it?" She looked really suspicious now. "Oh, my f- fate must have been lucky last night," I lied. I knew that I almost said my friend Jack, but had changed it to something before I had already broke the promise of keeping the secret. I realized something.

Laughing Jack left that mark to make sure I was always reminded of him. Why would he want me reminded of him if I wasn't supposed to tell? Is this a trick?

Keeping this secret is gonna be harder than I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story