Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The New Member.

Three Cheers for Big Brothers

by piggletta 0 reviews

Mikey and Gerard Way get the news of a fifteen year old sister. Getting to know her is great. Until a member of the band betrays everyone, causing trauma to Mckayla, her brothers, Ray and Frank. Fr...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2013-08-14 - Updated: 2013-08-14 - 940 words

1Original
Mckayla's Point Of View


"Mickie can I talk to your brother, PLEASE?" Kamelia Murphey is pulling on my arm as I stand outside the school building on the phone with my Aunt, who Kamelia has mistaken for my brother. I glance at her from the corner of my eye.
My brother is to die for. He's insanly hot, really talented, funny, sexy, you name it, he's got it. I'm not saying this cause I hear it from girls. I'm saying this because up until a month ago when I realized he was my half brother, I was in love with Mikey Way, just like a lot of my school. I was a typical fangirl begging for concert tickets and band merch from a bunch of different bands, and I thought the Way brothers were really cute. They were my favorite, actually. My Chemical Romance was my favorite. They are my favorite.
I told like, three people from my school about being the "Way sister." Becca didn't know who they were, so she didn't care that he was famous or whatever, just that I had finally met my birth family I had been trying to find for years. Tamie hated My Chemical Romance but she thinks my brother's cool. And Kamelia... Well, she's fangirling about them non-stop.
"Aunt Dee, I gotta go. I'll be ready at three...Mhm...Okay...bye..."
"What are you doing at three?" Kamelia follows me into the school. "Are you going to see Mikey?"
I laugh. "Kammy, I'm going to the dentist!"
"Oh.." she pouts.
"Kammy, you know I'm going to let you meet him. Just not yet, okay? It's too soon. I haven't let him meet anyone."

I was my fathers affair baby. It's a complicated family. They all are, kinda. But mine's just kinda... weird.
Gerard's mom and dad split up right before he was born. Then Gerard's mom married my birth dad, they had Mikey, and then came me. My dad had an affair with who knows who. And the 'who knows who' gave me up for adoption. Apparently my dad didn't know she was pregnant because it was as shocking to him as it was to me. He apologized and said he didn't know, and that if I ever needed anything to call. And, oh yeah, I had a half brother.
He gave me the contact information, and didn't tell me anything but his name was Michael Way. And I thought to myself...
"I had to leave Maine and drive to New Jersey to meet my dad... Michael...Mikey...Way...New Jersey... Wait..."
So now I'm a Way sister. Mckayla Hatter aka Mickie Way. Mikey and I talked over the phone, met up for about an hour before my mom and I had to get back on the road so I could make it to my dance rehearsal. And we kept in touch here and there... But when the band broke up two weeks ago... It's like suddenly he was free. I guess he had been hidding a lot from me because he wasn't allowed to speak of the band because of the pending legal issues that lead to a temporary 'break up'.
So he and Gerard drove down and stayed with us for a weekend. And now... well, they're not Gerard and Mikey Way of My Chemical Romance. They're my brothers.
Well, technically Mikey is, but really Gerard only knew one dad - our dad. So I consider him a brother, too. I can't wait to drive up and see them this weekend. I love to get away from my Aunt.
I was adopted right when I was born. My adoptive parents died when I was three. I never really knew them. But I remember them as the people who had kind hearts and took me in.
My moms sister adopted me. It was that or the system. I'm grateful for a home, a 'mom' and a... well, a 'mom.' my aunt Dee just got married to a girl named Sylvia last year. And let me tell you - I was NOT happy. I did not like her. And I do not like my Aunt. Not often, anyways. But then I got to know Sylvia, and she isn't too bad. She's the only reason I haven't tried to move out yet.
But right now my main focus is on ignoring Kammy's fangirl rants as we walk towards Sophomore lunch period. I look at the crowd of 10th graders in my school and wonder how they'd treat me if I know. And for the first time since the 90's I can relate to a Disney Character. I'm waiting for someone to rip off my 'blond' wig and show everyone that Mickie Hatter is really Mickie Way.
You Know What They do to Girls like me in High school.
--------------------------------------------------
So this story is TOTALLY out there. It's crazy. I don't know if anyone at all will like this story so let me know. Review and let me know what's good and what's bad, etc. And as always thank you for reading. And the usual disclaimer, this is fiction. Frank/Mikey aren't married, Gerard's married to Lynz and Ray to Christa. But there are no MCR babies or anything. Set in 2013 in between Danger Days and Conventional Weapons. So yeah. Every one who's in love with MCR dreams of having them as big brothers - just to cry into their shoulder and hang out with them, and know them. So that is this story. About a girl who did just that. Live vicariously and be happy. They live on and so do we :)
Sign up to rate and review this story