Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The New Member.

Are you okay?

by piggletta 1 review

Mickie gets to visit her brothers at Gerard's house.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-08-14 - 722 words

0Unrated
Mckayla's Point of View.

It takes about four and a half hours to get to where the boys live. I'm fifteen now, so my aunt lets me drive for about an hour each time. And when I'm not driving, I'm usually going nuts. Nervous, excited, bored, hungry, and mostly I just want to get away from my Aunt. Or I have to pee. So when we pull into Gerard's two story house, which has a guest house that they turned into a band hang out, I'm more than excited. I hadn't been to his house yet, just Mikey's condo. My aunt and I walk up to the house, and after hellos with Gerard and Mikey, she says goodbye and drives off. we go into the Band house and I hear the random tap of drums and guitar chords I recognize as a part from I'm Not Okay. I look at Gerard curiously, and he just winks at me.
"So how was your trip?" Gerard asks.
"Fine..." I shrug. "My Aunt had it out for me the whole time. But we stopped for lunch so that was cool. She never lets us have fast food."
"I have a surprise for you." Mikey interprets and takes my hand, guiding me through the house. He makes me close my eyes, but I know who's behind the door. And even though I was expecting it, meeting Ray and Frank was the best surprise since being related to Mikey.
"Oh my gosh!" I feel the fan girl coming on. "I can't believe it!"
"I know, I know I'm shorter in person." Frank gets up from the drums that he was messing around with. Ray sets his guitar down and they both come around to the front of the room.
"Um, can I like, hug you guys?" I ask nervously.
"Yeah and you can even feel my hair if you want." Ray opens up his arms and I shyly hug him and then Frank.
"Great, who wants some beer?" Frank suggests, and the mood gets strangely tense. I know it's not cause I'm there, so I can only assume the mood gets weird with talk of alcohol after Gerard's addiction, but you'd think after all these years, he'd stop being awkward, or they'd stop talking about it. But I don't know. Gerard, who doesn't drink at all anymore, pours him and me a glass of soda, while everyone else has a beer. Then, as we're all sitting down around the lime green couches, a tall, tan guy with tattoos and blue strips in his brown hair comes in.
"Frank what did I tell you about messing with my drums?" The man jokes and picks up the drum stick from the floor. Then, he spots me, and his entire face changes. "Well, who's this?"
"I'm Mckayla." I say, although I have NO idea who HE is.
"Mickie, this Ollie. He was our last drum player." Mikey tells me.
"Yeah, I stopped by to meet the little sister we've heard about. You're wrong, Mikey. She's way cuter than you."
"You said I wasn't cute?" I ask.
"No, I said you were as cute as me." Mikey says into his beer bottle.
Ollie shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you. So is it Mckayla or Mickie?"
"Either." I tell him. "It's Mickie cause I used to hate my name and Mickie stuck. But Mckayla's fine now."
"Mikey and Mickie." Frank laughs. "It's like the mouses from Disney"
"Alright, Frank. I should take you home..." Ray raises his eye brows.
"Na, I'm fine... I'll be okay." Frank shrugs and leans back.
"Yeah, he just got here." I say.
"Yeah, I just got here." Frank laughs.
But Mikey shoots him a look.
"No more beer in the house." Gerard says collecting the glasses.
I keep my curiosity at bay and we talk about the band and stuff, they ask about school and my town, and then, Frank goes outside for fresh air. Usually this is code for smoking but I saw a beer in his hand. No beer in the house, so he goes outside. Then Ray leaves to hang with Frank, and returns alone. Gerard and Mikey give a knowing look. So I don't ask where he is. Ray took him home. I already know. Something's wrong with Frank. He's Not Okay.
Sign up to rate and review this story