Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > More to Love

Skater Boy

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 681 words

0Unrated
"Guys! Wait up!" I chased Frankie and Gerard down the sidewalk. I'd gotten held up in the bathroom. I was brushing my teeth when my glasses fell into the sink.

One of the lenses cracked, so I was forced to wear my contacts. They paused and looked back at me. "Thanks." I panted as I reached them.

We started a slow pace on our worn path to school. "Where are your glasses?" Frankie asked, handing me an unopened bottle of Coke.

It was cold in my hand when I opened it. "They broke. Mom's gonna be pissed. I'm wearing my contacts." I took a drink from my bottle, downing half of it.

"You broke another pair?" Gerard sighed. "She really will be pissed."

"Well if the freaking doctor would give me a pair that wasn't eight times biger than my face, they wouldn't fall off, now would they? I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy." I blinked, my eyes burning. "Fuck..."

I dug into my pocket for the eyedrops I'd snatched out of the bathroom. As we walked, I opened the cap and dropped some into my eyes, holding onto their shoulders so I wouldn't fall.

"You okay?" Frankie asked, looking at me. "It looks like you're crying." I blinked and wiped away the liquid that escaped my eye. "It must suck. Having to deal with that." He said, tossing his bottle in an open trash can we passed.

"You have no idea." I sighed, finishing my bottle and shoving it into my bag. "You two are lucky. Don't gotta look through something to see." I felt a contact move a little in my eye.

it didn't hurt, but it didn't feel awesome, either. "Well I think you look better with glasses." Frankie stated, his head held high. "Though it is nice to see your eyes for once." He smiled at me.

I ducked my head, staring at the sparkly siewalk. My face felt hot. "We're gonna be late." Frankie suddenly said. Gerard looked at his watch.

"Yep. Sure are." He sighed. I looked at both of them. Neither seemed to care.

Frankie even had one of his many skateboards tucked under his arm. If he wanted, he could leave us and be on time.

But he kept pace beside me. I shrugged and stayed beside them the whole way to school.

When it came time for us to part ways from the office, I walked slowly down the stairs to my first class. Frankie was beside me, his class in the same hall. "I hate history." I sighed.

"I think it's pretty cool." He smiled. I felt my heart skip and my skin tingle.

When all three of us were together, I always let myself think he was smiling at me and Gerard. But, alone with him like this, I couldn't do that. "Well, you're teacher isn't a crazy bitch who throws chalk, now is she?"

He laughed. "Why no. No he's not. Then again, nobody falls asleep in class." He nudged me with his elbow.

"I only did that a couple times." I frowned. He stopped in front of me on the landing, making me stop as well.

He pushed the corners of my mouth up with his fingers, forcing me to smile. "It's not that bad. Relax." I nipped at his fingers, making him stick his tongue out at me.

"Says the one who's leaving." I said, my words weighing my heart down the second they were out.

"It's not like we'll never see each other." He put his arm around my waist and hugged me before we kept going down the stairs. "I just won't be here....Oh." He looked at me.

"What?" I looked away.

"You're scared, aren't you?" He asked softly. I nodded silently and kept walking, leaving him behind me on the stairs.

I gave my teacher my late pass, getting a hunk of chalk thrown at me in the process. Sitting in my desk, I pretended to take notes.

Really, I was planning on how to survive. Or try to survive, at least.
Sign up to rate and review this story