Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Eleven

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 1682 words

0Unrated
"What are we doing today?" Matt asked once I was dressed.

"Well, dad's at work. So, we're going to, carefully, get my things over here. Then when we're done, whatever sounds fun." I shrugged. "Stick to the back. One of us is going to have to play look out."

I took my ring off. "Andy, my dresser is still full. Can you get it?" He nodded. "Whoever wants to grab my bed and tables, feel free. Let's go."

We ran through the three back yards, faster than the human eye could see, and into my old house. I proped the door open and led the way up to my room.

After a few minutes, the room was empty. My bed, dresser, tables, boxes, clothes and pictures were all on the way to the band house. I wrote a note for my dad and stuck it on the fridge so he wouldn't think someone stole all my things.

I followed the guys back to the house after I checked the doors to make sure they were all locked. He'd left them both open. I locked them with a sigh and added onto the note, reminding him to lock the doors.

When I got home, my things were in the basement, being set up in the same exact positions as they had been. I smiled and joined, lowering my still made bed into place on the frame and putting boxes into the closet. "Thanks guys." I smiled and put my ring back on.

"I just have to start hanging things up later and I'll be all moved in." They smiled.

"So what now?" Andy asked beside me. I smiled at him.

"Dunno. I was thinking we have a movie night tonight. But I was thinking of inviting Jack." I looked at Thompson, who's face was nervous. "Can you do it?" I asked.

"I can try." He nodded. "I hope I can." He bit his lip.

"Okay then. A movie night with a human." I smiled. "Until then, how about I destroy you all in some games?"

"Yeah!" They all yelled and we headed into the living room. Andy set up one of our many gaming systems and handed out controlers.

The first round was me and Andy againt Matt and Alex in Killer Instinct. After Andy and I won against every possible team up, we went against each other.

I won, but I think he was letting me. We played for a good few hours, much to my surprise.

By the time we were done, Jack was out of school and done with homework, if I knew him. I handed Matt my controler and headed into the kitchen to call Jack. "Hey. What's up?"

I looked through the cabinets, seeing what all I would need to pick up. "Hey. Wanna come over tonight? We're going to have a movie night and I figured it'd be a good bonding thing."

"Ha!! I kicked your ass, lover boy!" Matt screamed at the top of his lungs. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure. I just have a little more homework. I'll text you when I'm done." I heard the smile in his voice.

"Cool. I just have to take the idiot crew to the grocery store because all they have is chips and juice boxes." I sighed, poking the straw into one and taking a sip out of it. "I can stop by your house when we're done and get you, if you want." I offered. "The van will be pretty full though."

"How full?" He asked, his voice nervous. Jack has a mild case of claustrophobia.

"Well, it'll be me, Matt, Alex, Alex's cousin, Thompson, Andy, John and you. I'll be driving though." I counted them off on my fingers.

"I get front." I heard his smile.

"Okay." I laughed. "I'll see you in about thirty minutes."

"Okay. Bye." We hung up.

"Guys! Store time! Save and come on!" The guys all ran to the front door. "Only thing is that when we get Jack, he has to have the front seat. Or he'll throw up."

"Shot gun!" They all said at the same time. "No, I get shot gun! No! I do!"

I laughed. "Andy gets front because he's the oldest." The others sighed and groaned. Thompson, you sit between Alex and Matt, okay?" He nodded. I grabbed the keys. "Let's go."

"What are we going for, exactly?" Andy asked as we piled into the van.

"Things to eat. Actual food." I rolled my eyes. "We should have made a list." I sighed.

Once we got to the store, I wasn't surprised that Alex and Matt acted like total idiots. This time, they acted like Andy and I were Mommy and Daddy and acted like three year olds the whole time.

Thompson looked like he was straining from killing people and John was watching him closely. Andy was glaring at the the idiots the whole time.

But, on the bright side, we got everything we needed at the house. Including bathing and laundry things that I noticed they needed.

We ended up needing two carts for everything. By the time the cashier was done, it was nearly dark outside. I paid with my debt card and we left the building.

Jack called as we were loading up the van. "Hey. We're almost done at the store. We'll be there in about ten minutes. Can you help us unload?"

"Yeah, no problem. I'll see you when you get here." I hung up and returned the cart. I climbed in and started the van.

Thankfully, the guys were actiing their ages again and not like morons. We headed to Jack's.

He was shutting the door when we pulled up. I honked the horn, making him jump. He smiled at me and ran to the van.

Andy climbed over the divider into the very back with John, who smiled at him. Jack got in and buckled up. "So what's planned for tonight exactly?" He looked at me.

"Well, we're gonna have a spaghetti dinner with garlic bread then watch a scary ass movie when it's really dark." I smiled at him.

"Sounds like fun." He laughed as we pulled into the driveway of the house. I opened the garage and pulled in, shutting it behind us.

"Let's go. Some of that stuff needs to be frozen asap!" I popped the trunk and got out. In six trips with each of us carrying four bags, we got everything in. It took about half an hour to put it all away.

I got the meat cooking and pasta boiling. Andy joined me and started to heat the sauce, putting a lid over it right as it exploded out at me. "Can you start the bread?" I pointed to it.

"Yeah." He started to cut it open and mix the garlic butter. I drained the pasta in the sink, facing away from the steam. Shaking the extra water out of it, I put it on the other side of the sink to make way so I could drain the meat.

Once we were done, everything smelled amazing. Andy and I sat back and watched as the guys swarmed the food like buzzards, piling plates and stuffing their faces.

Andy and I got our food once the area was safe. We joined the others in the livingroom. Jack was staring at us, his eyes sad. I sat on the floor in front of the couch, crossing my legs. Andy went to the movie shelf.

"Let's watch Paranormal Activity." I said, blowing on a bite of my dinner. Andy smiled and put it into the DVD player. He handed me the remotes.

I threw a pillow at the light switch, turning them off. When the movie menu popped up, I hit play. Jack was the only one who got scared. The rest of us had seen way worse.

In fact, Thompson kept cracking up. At what, I wasn't sure. By the time the movie was over, all our bowls were empty. Jack's face was pale when I turned the lights back on.

"John, can you do dishes? We can make a chore chart tomorrow." He nodded and took all of our bowls to the kitchen. "Jack, you want me to take you home?"

"Sure." He said, his voice cracking slightly.

"I'll be back later guys." I walked Jack to the door. "We're going to walk, okay?" He nodded. Once we were outside, I took his hand. "It's not real." I smiled up at him.

"I know. Still freaks me out though. Sometimes I wonder if there's more than humans and animals here, you know? On Earth. Can you imagine? If monsters and shit was real." He shook his head.

"Even if we're not alone here, it's not like we've been bothered by whatever we're sharing with, right?" I said, trying to keep it light but also trying to get his stance on inhumanity.

"I guess. It's just not natural." He shivered. "I mean just thinking of it creeps me out." I'd stopped walking, my feet sewn to the ground. "What's wrong?" He asked, looking back at me.

"So even if I were a monster, you'd be creeped out?" I looked him in the eyes. He blinked.

"Of course not. I know you." He said softly. "Besides, it's not real. You're not some kind of monster." He smiled at me. "Come on." He tugged my hand lightly

My head was spinning. Why can't I just say it? 'Jack I am some kind of monster.' Why is that so damn hard to spit out?!

When we reached his block, he stopped and turned me to face him. "Hey, you're not bummd about the monster thing, right? That was all a 'what if' thing."

"I know." I sighed.

"Hey." He lifted my face by my chin. "I love you." He kissed my cheek. My skin burned.

I can't say it back. "Bye." I waved and turned around, heading home. I didn't stop to look at his face.

I didn't have to. I know it was crushed.
Sign up to rate and review this story