Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Ten

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 955 words

0Unrated
It was a memory, I know. But, when I think on my past, it tends to sneak up on me in my sleep.

And it always seemed to be happening in real time....
/]
[/The door slammed against the wall. I sat up in my bed, ready for anything.

/]
[/Or so I thought. The Monitors shoved a sobbing woman into my room. "You. Don't kill her."

/]
[/"Don't kill?" I asked, looking at the Monitor.

/]
[/"Don't kill. She is needed alive. Feeding is okay. No killing." I nodded and the door shut. I looked at the woman.

/]
[/Ususally, we were required to kill our prey. But why is she allowed to live, I wonder? Is she special?

/]
[/She curled into a ball across the room, staring at me with tears sliding down her face. "You look pathetic." I said honestly.

/]
[/I stood up and crossed my small room. She shuffled away from me into the corner. I followed her. Human.

/]
[/Weak. Don't kill. I took her chin in my hand and lifted her face up. She was shaking.

/]
[/I stooped down, not losing my balance in the least. She pressed back against the wall hard. "I can't kill you. Don't worry." I wiped her face with my sleeve. "Why are you here?"

/]
[/"I-I don't know!" She cried harder. I grabbed her elbow and stood up, pulling her with me. "What is this place?" She asked, jerking her arm in fear.

/]
[/I sat her on my bed. "I don't know." I said, grabbing one of the two clothes I had in here. I wiped her face again. "All I know is that it's not good."

/]
[/"Am I going to die?" She asked, her teeth shaking.

/]
[/"Probably." I shrugged. She stared at me. "They tried to kill me. I don't think you'll be as lucky." I sat beside her and stared at the blank white wall of my room.

/]
[/"So what do I do now?" She asked, turning to face me. I didn't look at her.

/]
[/"I would say your best option is to die. But I'm not allowed to kill you. So nobody else is. So, your best possible option is to survive as long as you can."

/]
[/"How long have you been here?" She asked.

/]
[/"I don't know. What year is it?" I asked, not sure what day it was, let alone the year.

/]
[/"Two thousand and six." She said softly, looking at my face.

/]
[/"Three years." I said softly. "I've been here for three years."

/]
[/"How old are you now?" She asked.

/]
[/"Ten. I think." She almost fell off the bed. "I know. We look much older than our actual ages. We don't know why. Only They do." I said, looking at her for the first time. "If I were to take this off, you would most likely die." I touched my second ring.

/]
[/"Why?" She asked softly. I looked her in the eye, making her flinch at my white blue color.

/]
[/"Total release. No holding back. I don't enjoy it." I put on my first ring and sighed, blinking. "This is my human face. Don't get used to it."

/]
[/"You're so little!" She gasped, covering her mouth. "Sorry." She whispered. I took my ring off and the air shook.

/]
[/I put the ring in my pocket and looked at her. "What are you?" She whispered.

/]
[/"I don't know." I picked up my sword from under my bed and sliced my palm open. She gasped and tried to lift it over my head.

/]
[/I caught her hands. She watched as my skin closed almost instantly. Her face was pale. "You're not human." She looked me in the eyes.

/]
[/"You're just now understanding this?" I said, licking up my blood. It tasted like burning metal in my mouth. "Are you scared?"

/]
[/She nodded. "Very." Her voice was faint. "So you can kill me, you're just not allowed to?" I nodded. "So...you want to kill me?"

/]
[/"I'm used to killing. Wither I want to or not isn't up to me." I returned my sword to where it had been.

/]
[/"Yes, it is." I looked at her. "It's your choice if you want to kill people or not." She took my hand in hers. "You could protect people."

/]
[/"Not here. You need to get used to seeing death." I took my hand back. "Or you will die." I stood up. "I don't know what makes you special, but you are untouchable. Use it while you can."

/]
[/I opened the door. "Where are you going?" She asked, standing up.

/]
[/"To kill something." I picked my sword back up and slammed the door shut. I walked down the white hall, my sword scratching into the floor.


Wake up! I yelled at myself. It's a dream! Wake up!
/]
[/Blood splattered across my face, warm and thick. I licked it off my sword and lips.


Wake up! Please...
/]
[/"Please...don't..." The woman held her baby close to her chest. I stood over them and, with one sweep, sliced them in half.

/]
[/"Well done." Arthur smiled, picking up the woman's top half by her hair. He rang her neck and sent blood gushing into his mouth.


"Izzy!" Andy shook me awake. "Are you okay? You're crying." He wiped my cheeks.

I threw myself at him, clinging to his waist. "I'm fine. Just don't move." I cried into his shirt for a long time.

When I was done, he pulled me onto his lap on the couch, sitting on the blankets I assumed he'd put over me. "You don't have to tell me about it."

"I wasn't going to. Not right now, at least." I buried my face in his neck.

"Okay." He held me tight as I tried to suppress the memory again.
Sign up to rate and review this story