Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Valar Morghulis

Teacher

by Valardohaeris 1 review

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-09-23 - Updated: 2013-09-26 - 1780 words

1Ambiance
Disclaimer: Claiming to own an idea is as idiotic as claiming to own a person, for they are their own beings. +Standard disclaimer (I don't own Harry Potter or Game of Thrones. They belong to some very rich people).

Day Nine

Inside the city walls, they slipped past guildhalls, markets, and bathhouses. Fountains splashed and sang in the centers of wide squares, where men sat at stone tables, moving cyvasse pieces and sipping wine from glass flutes as slaves lit ornate lanterns to hold the dark at bay. Palms and cedars grew along the cobbled road, and monuments stood at every junction. Many of the statues lacked heads, Harry noted, yet even headless they still managed to look imposing in the purple dusk.

As the warhorse plodded south along the river, the shops grew smaller and meaner, the trees along the street became a row of stumps. Cobblestones gave way to devilgrass beneath their horse's hooves, then to soft wet mud the color of a baby's nightsoil. The little bridges that spanned the small streams that fed the Rhoyne creaked alarmingly beneath their weight. Where a fort had once overlooked the river now stood a broken gate, gaping open like an old man's toothless mouth. Goats could be glimpsed peering over the parapets.

And In this city, Harry was taken as slave for first time. Fair and handsome, he didn't last for a day as free person.

Part One

Chapter Two

Teacher

He said thoughtfully, "Harry -Harry. I don't recall the name anywhere round these parts."

"No it's not from around here. You can sleep on floor by the door."

"I am not sleeping on floor"

Boy ignored him easily.

"Sleep peacefully skinchanger, you are safe in here."

That night he had dreamt of Haggon. He was dying again, only this time his eyes were not pleading him for help. They were accusing him of betrayal. He woke with a start; something was chewing on his legs. It was boy's black wolf. Bloody thing.

"You can break your fast teacher. Black caught game"

"Who is Black?"

Boy just looked at small wolf.

"How imaginative"

"Can I summon my animals?"

"If you can, summon them"

He tried to reach out to his shadowcat but could not find her. Panicking slightly he tried to reach for one Eye.

"What did you do to my animals you bastard!?"

When you slip under someone's skin you make a special bond with them. Varamyr never loved anyone his whole life but his animals loved him and that was enough for him but he will not forgive anyone who took his animals away.

"What any sensible man would have done"

Rage overwhelmed varamyr. This baby faced green boy killed his pack. He will kill this boy if it is last thing he ever did. He tried sleeping inside black. If he was under wolfs skin boy wound hesitate to strike. And he will tear bastard's throat before he could reach for the sword. But once he was inside he was the one trapped there and wolf was in charge. Fucking is was not an ordinary animal, it has more will than a spearwife. Animal with this will never submitted to any human. Boy must have gotten his hand on dragon taming magic. Dragons have unimaginable bloodlust and strongest of will, but with magic Targaryens tamed dragons. Magic made Ordinary peasants into Mighty Kings of Seven Kingdoms. Magic also made impossible for him to control the black wolf. Abandoning it he turned to boy but it was too late. With a gold flash he was a limb less.

"You promised a spared life!"

"Don't worry you will not die. I need you. But remember, if you try to harm me or Black, I will cut of all your limbs. I need you for your knowledge, not for fighting."

"Now be a good teacher and hold your stump forward"

Cut was clean. Valyrian steel, he mused. What days have befallen me, defeated by a boy in single blow. Boy gave him foul tasting liquid to drink. It stopped the gushing blood but pain was so intense that all Varamyr could manage was not start bawling like a babe.

Wrapping up the stump his captor spoke, "I am going out. Don't try to leave". Boy was out of the hut before he could say anything. Arrogant bastard.

He was tempted to leave but promise of pain in Black's eyes stopped him. Both boy and his wolf are insane, Varamyr decided. Instead deciding to explore the hut, he suddenly realized that he was not feeling any cold despite sleeping on ground all night. Wizard boy has done good spellwork on this hut if it can remain warm in snowstorm. Only think that cannot be frozen by snowstorm is a dragon and I didn't see any dragon nearby. I should have joined Mance Rayder, the King-Beyond-the-Wall. With other wargs. My death would have been good and quick.

Boy didn't return for two days. Fire burned undisturbed in fireplace and Black never left the doorstep. He explored the entire hut but could not find anything other than some apples and a skinned elk hanging at back. Mechanical nature of all the surrounding was driving him crazy. Despite being in most comfortable place he had ever lived, he was on edge. Just when he was ready to try popping the window the boy returned. With him he bought a branch of white wood.

"I hope you didn't give Black any problems in my absence"

"Let me fulfill my end of agreement"

"Keen to get out of here, yes? Fortunately for you I have free time. Until I learn skinchanging, I am all yours or you are all mine."

"Let's not waste time then. Do you know what a warg is?"

"Assume I don't know."

"Well wargs or skinchangers or beastlings are people with power to enter the minds of animals and live like them, all their senses become yours and you control their body."

"Seem simple enough."

"No. it is not simple. You must not make light of it. Skinchanging is complex art and can be incredibly dangerous."

Teaching the boy was surprisingly easy. Though not bright and devoid of any respect, he was natural skinchanger and he always asked the right questions.

"So if I am in Black's skin and I want to go in different animal, can I do that?"

"No. You have to return to tour human body first. If you try to do that your connection with your main body might be severed and you are forever trapped in an animal."

Boy entered black's skin on first try and in two days could control of a wild boar with minimal effort. While not opposed to, his student was reluctant to try to change into Human.

"Don't worry, no harm comes to you or your skins mind if you do this right."

"Will I see memories of that person?"

"Did you see memories of animals you tried?" "No, but skinchanging in an animal affects you. Cats may make you cruel and birds can make you more independent. There are stories that Targaryens could skinchange into their dragons and that's what made that family so bloodthirsty. "

"So I should avoid dragons"

"If you find a real dragon alive, best course of action is to find nearest port and leave that island"

"Dragons don't frighten me, I know dragons."

"Dragons have been gone for a long time, you could not have seen one."

"Oh I have seen dragons but that does not concern you. You said that that skinchanging into animal changes both of us, so will changing into other human affect my mind?"

"I am not expert on human skinchanging but as I see it, when you change into an animal, you merge your mind with its own small, less capable mind and you gain full control of it. Changing into human is far more difficult because humans are more intelligent and willful than animals. So if you want to use skin of a human you have to gain full domination over their mind. Once that is achieved you don't have to worry about effect on your mind. But you can unintentionally manipulate the subjects mind. They never are same after that. Losing all the control of your body is not a good experience."

"Have you tried it?"

"No"

"Why not? you can live forever, changing skins when current becomes unusable."

"I think it's not worth the effort. Animals have more strong senses; they are more alive than humans. You can't live forever. A skinchanger can die infinite times as he always experiences death if animal dies when he is controlling it but he only lives twice because you can only skinchange out of your original body. You can't skinchange from your second body. As your main body dies so does your skinchanging."

"So skinchanging is physical power"

"Maybe, I never thought about it like that."

They say that if you spend enough time with someone, you learn to live with that person. Even if that person is someone who cut of your hand and killed all your animals. He would never like Harry but he came to respect him. Boy never turned down a patient and never charged free people who came for his help. He was most selfless person Varamyr had seen. Many wildlings came to boy for healing and boy almost never disappointed. Patents were best test subjects for skinchanging and boy could instantly tell ailment. Days went by and those were most relaxed days of Varamyrs life. Like all good things it came to stop abruptly.

"I am leaving today", boy spoke packing a bag.

"What?"

"You have fulfilled your end of deal. You are free to go. I no longer require your services. "

"Where will you go?"

"South."

"South of wall?"

"Yes"

"You know what Mance is planning. It is dangerous to go near wall, even for you."

"Not if I go with the king."

"You intent to take part in the invasion."

"Mance invited me. It will be less trouble if I go with him. He is inviting people. I intend to gain his trust."

"Why do you need him, I know you can cross wall by yourself."

"I need him because he is only the player in this game I can reach at this moment."

"What game?"

Harry Potter smiled. "Why, the only game there is, The Game of Thrones."

A/N: Keep reading people, this is only start. Best is yet to come. A reminder- Ratings may go up as story progresses. Violent deaths, tortures and nudity/sex are essential parts of GOT.
Sign up to rate and review this story