Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Trying to Escape the Inevitable

New Life

by xSoMeOnEx 0 reviews

Time to start fresh.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-09-24 - 1220 words

0Unrated
Ryan reached the tour bus out of breath. He had run as fast as he could just to get away from Brendon. Why did he have to drive him so crazy? It made Ryan hesitate about his decision of leaving Panic, but no it was already made. He couldn’t stand another second around that jerk.

The jerk he deeply loved.

He entered the bus and saw Jon and Spencer watching TV. Their eyes shifted from the plasma screen to Ryan’s eye. A tear slid down his pale cheek and dropped on his shirt. He was crying. Tears that Brendon’s stubbornness and foolishness had caused. He passed both of his hands through their respective cheeks, wiping the salty tears and ran to the bunk area.

He got his duffle bag out and shoved as many of his belongings as he could inside. Spencer and Jon just stared at him, not knowing how to react. Finally, Jon decided to speak, “Why are you packing?”

Ryan just looked at him, with rage ablaze in his eyes. “I can’t take that fool anymore. I’m leaving the band and moving as far away from him as possible,” he announced and zipped his bag. His head was now aching from so many accumulated emotions.

“Ry, what did Brendon do to you?” Spencer asked, concerned about his friend’s decision.

“He fooled me, that sick bastard fooled me in the worst way possible.” The kiss they shared meant nothing to Brendon. Ryan felt offended, he felt like such an idiot. Why did Brendon have to make him feel this way? Wasn’t he satisfied with everything he had done to him over the past years? “Jon, Spencer, I’m sorry, but I just can’t take it anymore.”

He grabbed his bag and quickly left the bus. Outside, he found Brendon standing there looking straight at him. “You weren’t kidding, you really are leaving the band,” he said. Of course Ryan was leaving the band; Brendon made it a toxic environment.

“You’ll regret everything you’ve ever done to me,” Ryan uttered and walked past him. Brendon turned around, but didn’t dare to say a word. Ryan just kept walking and walking until he was out of view.



Ryan had everything planned now. He would leave go somewhere unknown and start a new life. A life away from Brendon Boyd Urie. It was the smartest thing to do right now. From now on, Mr. Ryan Ross had to be the smartest human being. He couldn’t let anyone fool him. He had to stay confident, chin up.

As he decided were to go, he sat on a chair in the airport looking at the screens. He had to pick a place where neither Brendon nor Panic would ever go. His sidekick started to ring. The ID said Spencer, he probably wanted some explanations, after all they had been best friends since they were little kids. He answered it, but it wasn’t Spencer. “Don’t you dare call me again!” he screamed.

“Wait! Just tell me, what did I do to you?” Brendon asked from the other line.

Ryan took a deep breath, that idiot hadn’t notice. Ryan had practically exposed his true feelings and Brendon didn’t notice. “You’re blind Brendon Urie. Today I showed how I felt for you. If you didn’t notice that, you’re just an asshole.”

“What do you mean with showed me how you felt for me? Ryan! Explain!”

He was exasperated. “You figure it out,” he finally said and hung up. He looked back at the chart. Augusta, Georgia. That seemed like the perfect place to start a new life away from Brendon.



It was a small town, the perfect town. There’s no way anyone would ever suspect he had escaped to this place. Augusta was one of those small towns you only read about. It has no buildings, just houses and there’s only one mall. Ryan was satisfied with his choice. He started thinking of his future. A Brendonless future. He maybe could meet a nice girl and settle with her. After all, everyone seemed really nice here.

He entered his new apartment in Spring Token. It was a beautiful grouping of houses that had 4 apartments each. He lived in house 6, apartment A. It was a small two bedroom apartment. As soon as he entered the house, he felt the fresh spring air. He loved it instantaneously. The place was completely empty. There was only a fridge and a stove in the kitchen, the rest was empty. He had to buy things to settle on his little apartment, hopefully until he had kids.

He exited the house, just wearing a red hoodie, jeans and black converse. He locked it and looked at the view. The house was down a green hill that led to the street. Ryan suddenly realized he was alone in this town. How was he going to make friends? Joining a gym maybe, but he was really skinny, so what now, build muscles?

Ryan began thinking of many ways he could meet people, until someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw a short girl with long wavy red hair, big brown eyes and wearing practically the same as he just that her hoodie was a darker shade of red and it had a bartskull imprinted. “Excuse me? Are you new here?”

“Yeah, I just moved over there,” he answered, pointing to his apartment. Well, this seemed like the start of meeting someone new. He inspected her closely, she must know who he is, she has a clandestine hoodie. Maybe she doesn’t recognize him? Or maybe the hoodie was just a gift.

“Do I know you?” she asked, looking at him with curious eyes.

“You might know me, but I don’t know you,” he answered. “Ryan Ross,” he introduced, offering his hand.

“Oh right! Nice to meet you!” she shook his hand. “You can call me Kamz,” she said. “Sorry to ask, but what the hell are you doing here?”

“As I said, I just moved over there,” he said, once again pointing to his apartment.

“Yeah, I know that, but I mean, you’re Ryan Ross, what are you doing living in the crappiest town ever and not on tour with your band?” she asked harshly/

Ryan thought for a second about his answer. He had to make friends eventually, why not her. “Can you keep a secret?”

She raised an eyebrow, “Yeah.”

“I left Panic, I got tired of being around Brendon Urie,” he answered.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Man, I thought you guys were best friends.”

Words that Mr. Ryan Ross hated were spoken, but he chose to ignore them. They meant nothing now. “We were, but I just had to go,” there was pain in his voice. There should be no soreness in his voice. He was now happy and free.

Kamz looked at him and noticed the pain. “I bet you don’t want to talk about that. So, umm if you need anything, I leave in the apartment next to yours,” she said and walked towards her apartment.

“Wait!” Ryan called, she turned around and looked at him. “I could use some help.”
Sign up to rate and review this story