Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Valar Morghulis

Him of Many Faces

by Valardohaeris 3 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-09-26 - 1896 words

4Ambiance
Day Ninety-nine

As the Titan roared to herald the coming of the sun, the sound boomed across the lagoon, faint with distance but still loud enough to wake him. He remembered the only person who truly helped him. Hundreds of gods were worshiped in Braavos, but there was only one god who answered his prayers, Him of Many Faces.

Chapter 4

Him of Many Faces

POV

Jon Snow

When they made camp near some caves, Jon almost collapsed from fatigue. Wizard was a hard taskmaster and their company was riding hard for best part of the day in snowstorm. Everyone except their leader looked ready to collapse. After fires were burning, bodies were warmed and supper was done, Harry summoned him and Rattleshirt along with the raiders.

"There are men patrolling on the Wall, tell me what you know Jon"

"There are four men in each patrol, two rangers and two builders," he said. "The builders are supposed to make note of cracks, melting, and other structural problems, while the rangers look for signs of foes. They ride mules."

"Do they all ride atop the Wall?" Harry asked frowning, not looking up.

"No. One patrol in four follows the base instead, to search for cracks in the foundation ice or signs of tunneling."

"How often do these patrols go out?"

When he looked up towards Jon his eyes were glazed over as if he was about to faint. Jon wondered if wizard can feel his human body when he was out skinchanging. He seems to know where I am standing, so maybe he can retain his senses while out of body. Black, his wolf was sitting beside the skinchanger and whoever tried to approach was met with low growls and bared fangs.

"It varies," Jon shrugged. "I've heard that Lord Commander Qorgyle used to send them out every third day from Castle Black to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, and every second day from Castle Black to the Shadow Tower. The Watch had more men in his day, though. Lord Commander Mormont prefers to vary the number of patrols and the days of their departure, to make it more difficult for anyone to know their comings and goings. And sometimes the Old Bear will even send a larger force to one of the abandoned castles for a fortnight or a moon's turn."

His uncle had originated that tactic, Jon knew. Anything to make the enemy unsure. And now I am an enemy.

"If I knew where on the Wall we were heading, I could tell you."

"Jon, even Rattleshirt is not stupid enough to tell you that." Harry's eyes became normal.

Laughing along with the others Harry tried again "There are 19 castles guarding the Wall. Tell me how many of them are manned?

"Three"

"Only three? Are you lying to me Jon?"

"I won't be called a liar." Jon growled. "Only Eastwatch, Castle Black, and the Shadow Tower were manned when I left the Wall. I can't speak to what might have changed since I left."

"How many men remain in Castle Black?"

"A thousand. Five hundred at Castle Black, two hundred at Shadow Tower and three hundred at Eastwatch."

"I don't believe you Snow. What color is your clock? Is it still black? Are you a free man as gods intended us to be? Or are you still a Crow?" Rattleshirt suddenly said slowly advancing on Jon.

"Jon," the Wizard warned, "I like you, but if you lie to me, I'll make your wolf eat you."

"We will reach the wall soon enough. Now leave me, all of you, I must prepare for the climb" Wizard dismissed them all. Jon left deciding to find Ygritte.

Where did Ygritte get herself to? He found her gear and his together, but no sign of the girl herself.

"She took a torch and went off that way," Someone told him, pointing toward the back of the cavern.

Jon followed the finger, and found himself in a dim back room wandering through a maze of columns and stalactites.

She can't be here, he was thinking, when he heard her laugh. He turned toward the sound, but within ten paces he was in a dead end, facing a blank wall of rose and white flowstone. Baffled, he made his way back the way he'd come, and then he saw it: a dark hole under an outthrust of wet stone. He knelt, listened, and heard the faint sound of water.

"Ygritte?"

"In here," her voice came back, echoing faintly.

Jon had to crawl a dozen paces before the cave opened up around him. When he stood again, it took his eyes a moment to adjust. Ygritte had brought a torch, but there was no other light. She stood beside a little waterfall that fell from a cleft in the rock down into a wide dark pool. The orange and yellow flames shone against the pale green water.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her.

She unlaced her doeskin shirt, tossed it aside, and pulled her three woolen undershirts up over her head all at once. "I want you should see me."

"We shouldn't—"

"We should." Her breasts bounced as she stood on one leg to pull one boot, and then hopped onto her other foot to attend to the other. Her nipples were wide pink circles.

"You as well," Ygritte said as she yanked down her sheepskin breeches. "If you want to look you have to show. You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"I know I want you," he heard himself say, all his vows and all his honor forgotten. She stood before him naked as her name day, and he was as hard as the rock around them. He had been in her half a hundred times by now, but always beneath the furs, with others all around them. He had never seen how beautiful she was. Her legs were skinny but well muscled, the hair at the juncture of her thighs a brighter red than that on her head. Does that make it even luckier? He pulled her close.

"I love the smell of you," he said. "I love your red hair. I love your mouth, and the way you kiss me. I love your smile. I love your teats." He kissed them, one and then the other. "I love your skinny legs, and what's between them." He knelt to kiss her there, lightly on her mound at first, but

Ygritte moved her legs apart a little, and he saw the pink inside and kissed that as well, and tasted her. She gave a little gasp.

"If you love me all so much, why you are still dressed?" she whispered. "You know nothing, Jon Snow. Noth—oh. Oh. OHHH."

Afterward, she was almost shy, or as shy as Ygritte ever got. "That thing you did," she said, when they lay together on their piled clothes. "With your . . . mouth." She hesitated. "Is that . . . is it what lords do to their ladies, down in the south?"

"I don't think so." No one had ever told Jon just what lords did with their ladies. "I only . . . wanted to kiss you there, that's all. You seemed to like it."

"Aye. I . . . I liked it some. No one taught you such?"

"There's been no one," he confessed. "Only you."

"A maid," she teased. "You were a maid."

He gave her closest nipple a playful pinch. "I was a man of the Night's Watch." Was, he heard himself say. What was he now? He did not want to look at that

The grotto was pitch-dark by the time they finished. The only light was the dim glow of the passage back up to the larger cavern, where a score of fires burned. They were soon fumbling and bumping into each other as they tried to dress in the dark. Ygritte stumbled into the pool and screeched at the cold of the water. When Jon laughed, she pulled him in too. They wrestled and splashed in the dark, and then she was in his arms again, and it turned out they were not finished after all.

"Ok that's it lovebirds, dress yourself, I have something important to tell you"

"How long were you here?" Jon asked frantically closing his britches.

"Long enough to know everything I needed to know. Now follow me." He started leading them through the cave.

"Where are we going?" Jon asked for umpteenth time. Jon was tired of holding up the torch which strangely still burned. They were following Harry for hours and wizard was unusually silent. When he spoke though, all the calm was shattered.

"We are going to warn the Nights Watch about the invasion and you both are coming with me."

"What?" both of them said as one.

"The singers make much of heroes who die valiantly in battle, but your life is worth more than a song Jon. I know what your plan is and if you go by your plan, you along with your girl will be dead before long and I can't allow that. You have a grand role to play in coming times."

"But Mance trusted you like a brother, how can you betray us like that!" Ygritte was fuming.

"It seems as if both of you know nothing. Shut up and follow me. Girl, keep your mouth shut. Snow, keep your wife off me. Finding this place is hard enough as it is. I don't need a distraction."

"Why are you helping me?" Jon could not trust him. Too much mystery and too few answers. I really don't know anything.

The Wizard gave Jon an irritated look. "If I tell the reason, would both of you shut up?"

"If you tell the truth, yes."

"I am doing this because Mance told me to." Wizard smiled indulgently, "Why do you think that all the wildlings left their whole lives to invade the Wall? Because Mance told them that if they don't go south they will all die and that is the truth. Winter is coming, remember? Wildlings don't want your lands, they want safety."

"Safety from what?" Wizard's mood swings were making Jon dizzy.

"Safety from what this winter will bring it. Only the Wall can protect the Seven Kingdoms now."

Harry turned to Ygritte, "Do you really think Mance and I opened half a hundred graves and let all those shades loose in the world to find the Horn of Joramun? Mance never wanted to bring the wall dawn. We were searching for very different thing. If we had found it, none of this would have been necessary. Now I have do lot more work. I am going to convince the Night's Watch to open the gates for wildlings."

"Nights Guard will not trust you or your fantastic stories."

"You are right, they will never trust me but they will one of them." Before their disbelieving eyes wizards face started changing. His cheeks grew stubble, his eyes became blue and when he shook his head, his short hair, messy and deep black, turned to long black curls.

"Valar Morghulis, Jon Snow"

Last thing Jon saw before someone knocked him in ice from behind was his own face smiling at him.

A/N: Yeah I know, My grammar sucks.I need a beta reader. My English is absolutely horrible. Someone please save me. Thank you for reading and reviewing.
< Prev
Sign up to rate and review this story