Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Naruto : The Prince of Uzu

Chapter 11: Of Demons and Midgets

by JohnnyDraven

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-11 - 4155 words

?Blocked
Chapter 11: Of Demons and Midgets



Naruto and the rest of team 7 were walking down a dirt road on their way to Wave country. Naruto was in front, followed by Sakura and Sasuke who stood on each side of Tazuna the bridge builder. Kakashi brought up the rear, while simultaneously reading his porn. Naruto wore his now standard Ninja attire, minus his sage cloak. He had his mask on, both sides of his mask face were framed with jaw length blonde hair. Kakashi had commented to Jiraiya days before that the young ninja resembled Minato a great deal.

Naruto, while walking was actually deep inside his mindscape. He was standing infront of the cage that housed Kurama in the center chamber of his psyche. He had not visited his tenant in quite awhile. He thought that after their last discussion, that the powerful bijuu needed some time to ponder his words. "Its been a little while since my last visit Kurama." There was no reply, and to anyone else it would seem that Naruto was talking to a black void. "I stand by what I said before. I want us to work together. Have you given any thought to my proposal?"

Suddenly the darkness of the cage cleared a bit and the massive fox revealed himself. "Kit, you are certainly an interesting one. But you look here! I am NOT your friend. I will work with you because it suits my needs, and may be beneficial to me. However, the first moment you show any sign of weakness, or make me look bad as my Jinjuriki, I will cease this arrangement. Is that CLEAR!?" Naruto nodded his consent. Kurama then continued. "For this alliance to work however, you must do a few things for me. First and foremost, you must kill that bastard in the orange mask! Secondly you must change this dump you call a mindscape. It is your domain, so you have total power here. and finally, you must give me access to your senses. I can not help you if I don't know what is going on in the outside world. Are my terms agreeable? Naruto smiled at the great fox. "Yes, yes they are. Naruto concentrated, and soon the walls of his mindscape started to crack. The water drained and the floors began to crack as well. Suddenly the room expanded and walls exploded. The kyuubi was shocked to see what had once been a dark, dank sewer was now an expansive plain with rolling hills. Lush green grass surrounded him below, and above was dark blue sky, filled with drifting clouds. The massive field was surrounded on all sides by forest, and he could hear birds chirping somewhere. He looked into the sky and was surprised to see two moons, one full and the other crescent. His cage grew and grew, and finally it was less a cage, and more massive dog kennel. It was big enough that he could move around in it.

Kurama looked at the smiling Naruto and then closed his eyes and laid down. "This will do kit." Naruto nodded his head and then he summoned a great stone dais out of the ground. It was a massive marble structure with a small set of steps. Naruto bent down and put his hands on the dais. He mentally conjured a seal that represented his senses. The seal sat in the center of the stone tablet, and Naruto asked Kurama to poor a bit of chakra into it. The fox did so, and when his chakra touched the seal it began to change. After the seal had been altered, Naruto made the dais sink back into the ground until it had disappeared. "There you go Kurama. My senses are know linked to your chakra. Whatever I experience will now be experienced by you in real time. You and I however, can both shut off this mental link whenever we want. That way I can block out any private moments I don't want shared, or you simply want to sleep." The fox nodded his head and closed his eyes. This will do kit. Now get out of here. It seems you may have near bye.

(Real world)

Narutos eyes snapped open. Their was a noticeable puddle not far down the dirt road he and his team were walking on. The only problem was it hadn't rained in a few weeks. "Its a genjutsu kit." Kurama told him from inside his mind. Naruto internally hummed in agreement. Naruto place his hands behind his head as he walked. He used Anbu hand signs to Kakashi to alert him of the Genjutsu. Kakashi put his book away and stuck his hands in his pockets. He walked to the front of walking team and stood next to Naruto. Kakashi pulled his book out again, and brought his free hand under his chin where he flashed signs to Naruto. 'Lets play it cool. I want to see who their target is.' Naruto, who still had his hands behind his head tilted his head to his Nii-san. The puddle was still a little ways away, so Naruto took Kakashis place at the back of the formation. Sasuke and Sakura were completely oblivious to the situation, as was Tazuna. They simply thought Kakashi had wanted to walk in front for awhile.

As soon as the team walked passed the puddle, two shinobi rose from it with a dangerous glint in their eyes. The two shinobi each wore a single big, clawed gauntlet on one of their arms. One of the shinobi chuckled as he threw his partner through the air. They wrapped their barbed chain around the seemingly shocked Naruto, and pulled tight. "NARUTO!/DOBE!" His teammates shouted as what looked to be body parts and gore fell to the ground. Sasuke and Kakashi leapt into action. Sasuke threw kunai at the chain connecting the two ninja together, effectively pinning it to a tree. Kakashi launched a snap kick at one of the shinobis faces, causing him to launch back and the chain to detach from both of the shinobis gauntlets.

The shinobi who was kicked in the face righted himself in midair, and both he and his teammate sped towards Tazuna. Kakashi grabbed one in a choke hold and smashed his elbow into his head. Sakura took a defensive stance with a kunai in hand, hoping to defend against the armed assailant. Sasuke rushed infront of her, (Much to her delight.) before the ninja got any closer however, a golden chain wrapped around his neck and pulled him back onto Narutos Masamune. The ninja looked down horrified to see the long blade protruding through his chest. "Naruto! Your alive!" Sakura, Sasuke, and Tazuna looked to see remnants of a shattered log rest where they thought Narutos had died. 'He used the kawarmi jutsu to escape their chains.' Sasuke thought to himself. Naruto removed his sword from the ninja, and in an act of mercy snapped the mans neck. He sealed his mask in a burst of blue flames and whispered a quiet prayer. He looked into the shocked eyes faces of his teammates and Tazuna at the gruesome act and frowned. "Im sorry you had to see that, however you both are shinobi now and will be expected to kill just like have. If you have any problems with that, and it is perfectly understandable if you do, then should quit right now." Getting nods from his teammates Naruto nodded back. Kakashi then stepped forward. "Okay Tazuna, I think its time you told us the truth."


(Later)

Team 7 were currently walking through a forested area. After Tazuna had told them of the land of waves current situation after being taken over by the evil business tycoon Gato, the team had decided to see the mission through to the end. After being showered with thank yous from the old drunk, the team met up with his contact who ferried them from the Land of Fire, to the Land of Waves. As they were walking down the dirt path, Naruto suddenly whipped a kunai into the bushes. He sent a shadow clone to investigate, and found a white rabbit who was visibly freaked out. 'A white rabbit. But its fur should be brown. This rabbit must have been raised indoors away from the sunlight. This rabbit was used as a substitution.' Naruto and Kakashi both thought to themselves. "NARUTO-BAKA! ITS JUST A HELPLE-" She was cut off however when Naruto and Kakashi both turned to see a massive Zanbato hurling towards them. "GET DOWN!" Yelled Kakashi. Naruto however unsealed Zangetsu into his hand, and deflected the Zanbato into a nearby tree. A Shinobi dropped onto the embedded sword and studied his opponents. "Kakashi of the Sharingan." He said as he looked at the famous copy ninja. His eyes passed to Naruto for a second, before focusing on the blondes Zanbato, his eyes widening upon recognizing it. "You their, blondie. Who are you and how do you have that sword!?" Kakashi decided to answer for his ototou. "His name is Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze, and he is the prince of Whirlpool. That sword is one of his families heirlooms." Zabuza looked shocked. "Namikaze!? Your the son of the "Red Hot-Blooded Habanero" and the "Yellow Flash" aren't you?! Your the Jinjuriki of the 9 tails!" Naruto nodded his head. "Yes I am. And I see you recognized my Grandfather Ichigos sword. The fact is Im quite proficient in Kenjutsu. I think it would be fitting to fight a fellow swordsman such as you, Momochi Zabuza." Zabuza laughed. "So you've heard of me. Well, I will certainly have fun taking that sword from you brat."


Naruto smiled. "Thats not going to happen. First things first though, your after the bridge builder correct?" Zabuza nodded. "Your working for Gato then?" Again Zabuza nodded. "Well, I have heard about my brother Yagura, and his bloodline civil war." Zabuza narrowed his eyes, and his team just looked confused. "I hear you tried to assassinate Yagura. I assume then that you were part of the rebel faction that is trying to reclaim The village hidden in the Mist?" Zabuza glared at the blonde. "Whats your point brat?" "My point is I have an offer for you." Zabuza looked intrigued. "I wish to fight you. Swordsman to Swordsman. If you win, I will give you Zangetsu, and double whatever Gato is paying you, and you will leave Tazuna alone." Zabuza smirked "And if you win?" Naruto smirked as well. "WHEN I win, I will still pay you double whatever Gato is paying you, plus a good percentage of the money from his hideout, after I kill the little fuck. And again, you will leave Tazuna and his family alone. So is it a deal?"

Zabuza thought it over for a second, but something was confusing him. "Why would you still pay me if you win?" Naruto grew somber. "Because I support the rebels in their attempt to regain their country. Yagura, the Mizukage may be my fellow Jinjuriki, but what he is doing is wrong. All he is doing by committing his horrible deeds, is causing pain and suffering to innocent people, and making life even harder for the rest of the Jinjuriki." Zabuza nodded his head. "Its a deal then. I will tell you this however, if you try to reneg on our deal I will kill you, your team, and Tazuna." Naruto nodded. "You have my word. Regardless of the outcome of our fight, you will be paid. Consider it a gift to the rebels from the Uzumaki Clan." Zabuza smiled. He hopped down off of his Guillotine Sword, and removed it from the tree. "And can you call your friend out please?" Zabuzas eyes widened and Team 7 just looked confused again. "Haku!" Haku appeared beside Zabuza. "Yes master?" "Stand back, if his friends interfere, kill them." Haku nodded and jumped away from his master. "Nii-san, whatever happens, do not interfere." Kakashi nodded. He trusted his Ototou, and he knew he could handle himself. "Whenever your ready brat." Zabuza said with a feral grin. Naruto smiled back. "Hmmm, what sword should I use?" Zabuza looked confused until Naruto summoned Masamune, Kurikara, and his Buster Sword, and stabbed them each into the ground. Zabuzas eyes widened to extreme proportions. "T-t-t-thats..." "Yes." Said Naruto. "Masamune, and Kurikara. I possess the three legendary swords of the Uzukages. My grandfather, great grandfather, and great great grandfathers swords." Even Narutos teammates looked surprised and confused. "Kakashi-sensei? I don't get it. Whats the big deal, their just swords." said Sakura. Kakashi eyesmiled at the ignorant girl.

"You stupid little brat! These swords are legendary! Each one was forged and wielded by a Uzukage! Your Teammate Narutos grandfathers were the three greatest swordsmen to ever live! Each of those swords alone are priceless! But with all three their total amount is insane! If the kid ever sold those swords he would be the richest man in the entire shinobi nations!" Screamed Zabuza at the young kunoichi. Tazuna, Sakura, and Sasuke looked completely shocked. "However I don't recognize that other sword." Added Zabuza. Naruto smiled, and picked it up before answering. "This Zabuza is Basutāsōdo, The Buster Sword. I forged it myself. Going along with tradition this is my sword. The sword of the Prince of Uzu, I guess you could call it." Again Team 7 looked surprised. "He made that Kakashi-Sensei?" Kakashi nodded. "Yes Sakura. The fact is, their is a lot that none of you know about my ototou."

Zabuza was grinning like a mad man. Naruto resealed all of his swords with the exception of his buster sword. He picked it up as if it was the lightest thing in the world and got into his stance, his yellow fox mask appeared on his face in a blaze of blue flames. "Gravity Seals: KAI! Resistance Seals : KAI! Chakra Restriction Seals : KAI!" The Ground around Naruto caved in, and everyone except Kakashi, Zabuza, and Haku had to struggle to stay standing as Narutos oppressive chakra shrouded his body, and bled into the air.

"Im ready now Zabuza-san. Come get some." In a burst of flash step Naruto was upon Zabuza, who had to use both hands to hold back the Buster sword. Zabuza pushed Naruto back and the two quickly began attacking each other with gusto. To everyone but Haku and Kakashi it was too fast to follow. All they saw were sparks flying. Once and awhile Zabuza and Naruto would appear, swords locked together before one of them pushed the other back and they disappeared again.

Naruto was having the time of his life. This was the first challenge he had had since sparring with his Ancestors. Zabuza was going all out, and so was he. The two quickly increased their already fast pace, and Kakashi soon had to use his Sharingan to follow the two wild swordsman. "T-this is incredible." Said Tazuna, eyes wide and hands shaking. Sakura nodded her head dumbly in agreement. Sasuke however was pissed. 'How does the dobe have so much power! I should have this power! I am an UCHIA! The elite of the elite! I need to be this strong if I'm ever going to stand a chance against Itachi!' Haku was having thoughts of her own. 'This boy is indeed strong if he can match Zabuza-sama. Im thankful that I don't have to fight him. He seems like a good person, I wonder what it is he fights for?'

Meanwhile Zabuza was having his own thoughts. 'This gaki is something else! I haven't had so much fun since sparring with Kisame.' The fighting shinobi were unrelenting in their attacks. Rapid swings, sudden blocks and kicks. Not once did the other look away from his opponent. 'That mask is INFURIATING! I can't read him at all.' "Hey gaki, how about we kick this up a notch?" Naruto nodded. "I thought you'd never ask." Naruto said with some humor in his voice. "Water clone jutsu!" Suddenly their were 5 water clones of Zabuza attacking Naruto. One ran up from his left, Naruto shifted his Buster sword into his left hand, and summoned his Kurikara into the other. He attacked at the real Zabuza with his left hand, and after Zabuza blocked it, he spun around and sliced down the water clone with Kurikara. He seallessly summoned up 4 shadow clones, each with a Buster sword who broke off to attack the charging waterclones. He resealed Kurikara and quickly had to use both hands to hold back Zabuzas Guillotine Sword. Sparks flew everywhere as the two swordsmen, and their clones fought on.

The sword fight went on for another 10 minutes, and now the two swordsmen stood across from each other. Zabuza was looking worse for wear. The clones were long gone, and Zabuzas chest was a myriad of cuts and gashes. None were to severely life threatening, but they hurt like a bitch. He was breathing visibly hard as well. Naruto himself was sporting a few gashes, and his mask had a nice shallow scar across it. Naruto then decided this had gone on long enough. "Zabuza-san, as much fun as this is has been, I think it is time we ended this. I really hope you can dodge this cause the truth is, I've never used it in combat before." Everyone watching looked curious, Zabuza included. Suddenly Narutos sword glowed blue as he lifted it in the air with both hands. "GETSUGA...TENSHO!" Naruto swung his body and the sword down.

A massive, blue chakra fang was expelled from the blondes sword, it rushed at Zabuza who held up his sword to shield himself. The chakra fang hit him head on and blasted him back into a tree. Zabuza opened his eyes with a groan. His sword, which he was still holding in front of his face, suddenly grew a wicked scar before it broke in two pieces. Everyone watching had to pick their jaws of the floor as they looked at the destruction from the powerful attack. "HOLY SHIIIIIIIT!" Screamed Tazuna, at the upturned earth. (A/N Remember when Ichigo first used the Getsuga Tensho against Urahara?)

Haku was crouched next to her master. "Zabuza-sama, are you alright?" "Cough, cough. Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Kami, gaki you did a number on me. You win, a deals a deal."


(Later)

After Haku had thoroughly checked out Zabuza, and the two swordsmen were bandaged up, the two men shook hands. Naruto unsealed a scroll and handed it to Zabuza. It contained about 2 million ryo. Zabuza said it was too much, but Naruto insisted he take it. "Its for the cause." He said to the grateful mist shinobi. Zabuza and Kakashi came up with a plan, they decided that at the end of the week they would all meet on the bridge. They would stage a fight, and when Gato no doubt showed up with more of his thugs, they would kill the bastard. Naruto asked Zabuza for the mans broken sword, he said once they got in town he would find a forge and repair it for him. Naruto was to meet up with Haku in the forest outside of town in a few days to give her the sword for her master. After all the plans were made Tazuna led Team 7 to his house where they were currently eating dinner. Tazuna explained to the team the story of Kaiza, Inaris step fathers death, after Inari ran upstairs depressed. After the sadn story however, Tazuna lifted the mood of the room by recounting the events of Narutos fight to Tsunami.

"That was amazing Naruto. A really great fight!" Said Tazuna, who had just finished telling the story to an impressed looking Tsunami. Naruto rubbed the back of his head and chuckled sheepishly. "Hey, thanks. Im just glad I finally got a chance to test myself against a true swordsman." Kakashi eyesmiled. "Ototou, Im so proud of you. Not only did you defeat an A-rank missing nin, you also averted conflict. You made a deal that ended us having to really fight to the death with Zabuza, and the money you gave him could potentially save many innocent lives in the Mist civil war. Your father would be proud." Naruto looked down at his food with a small smile on his face. "I hope so Nii-san, I really do." He said quietly. "So we take out Gato at the end of the week." He stated to his teammate.

Suddenly Tazunas grandson Inari was looking at the gathered shinobi. "You're all gonna die." He said as if it were a fact of life. "Inari!" yelled Tsunami. "Gato is too powerful, he's going to kill you all." Everyone was quiet. "You stupid ninja, you probably all have cushy lives at home. You don't know what its like to suffer! You don't know the pain we've gone through!" Sasuke glared hard at the young boy and Naruto, who had his hair shadowing his eyes started laughing humorlessly. Inari looked pissed, and everyone else looked shocked at Naruto, except for Kakashi who looked down somberly. Naruto raised his head and looked at Inari with such powerful intensity that Inari gasped and took an unconscious step back.

"We don't know pain you say? We don't know what its like to suffer? While its true your life hasn't been easy, at least you have a mother and a grandfather that love you. You have food on your table. Your life seems pretty good to some of us. Kakashi lost his mother, and his father when he was young. Then, he lost both of his teammates. Sasukes brother executed his entire family. My father and mother died on the night of my birth. My father gave his life to seal the Kyuubi no Yoko into my body. At the age of 4 the orphanage I lived in kicked me out into the streets, for 3 months I lived in an alleyway and ate food out of a dumpster, before the Hokage found out what happened. Every week I was beaten, some nights to the brink of death. This however intensified on my birthdays, where the beatings got, especially gruesome.
On my 5th birtday, after being cut and burned, I was...raped for the first time in my life. This wasn't the last time however, and on my 6th birthday I was beaten, raped, urinated upon and cast into a river while knocked out." By now Sasuke had his head down as did a sick looking Kakashi and Tazuna. Sakura was crying as was a shocked looking Tsunami and Sakura. "So you sit their and tell me that we don't understand suffering? Kid your life is sad, and I truly sympathize, but remember this, someone always has it worse. Your father was murdered by Gato, and wave lost hope. Its sad, and I am sorry for your loss. However you still have your mother and your grandfather, who are both suffering just as much as you are. You however dishonor both of them when you act the way you have been. Your father lost his life fighting for the freedom of wave. He stood up to Gato, and what do you do? You sit here and whine about how sad your life is. If you want your life to be better change it. If you want something you fight for it, and if you want to protect someone you fight for them. Thats what your grandfather is doing right now. Hes risking his life for you and your mother. He came to Konoha to hire us, knowing that he might not make it back alive. He is a great man, like your father. You however are a coward, like Gato." With his speech finished, Naruto stood up. "I gotta go work on Zabuzas sword, don't wait up."

After Naruto left, Sakura asked the question that was on everybody's mind. "Kakashi-sensei, Narutos life... It wasn't THAT bad was it?" Kakashi looked at the girl, still looking downcast. "No Sakura, it was worse. Naruto has had suffered more then anybody I know because of his Jinjuriki status. Its amazing to me that he can still function like a normal human being. Anyone else would probably be in catatonic shock after the mental and physical trauma he endured at what was supposed to be, the happiest days of his life. Hell most people would have released the Kyuubi and let it destroy the village. But no, Naruto is still as bright and happy as he was when he was young, albeit much stronger, as you have seen." Inari ran upstairs to be alone, and Sasuke left to go "Training." He had said. Tsunami, Sakura, and Tazuna spent the next few hours asking Kakashi about Naruto, and listening to different stories about the boy.
Sign up to rate and review this story