Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Greater Good

Chapter Two

by Hozzie 1 review

“So, what do you do for fun around here?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-10-16 - 807 words

0Unrated
Gloria knocked on Anna’s front door. Her house was a little smaller than the one they’d just moved into but looked a lot nicer. Anna had hung some flowers around her door that smelt sweet and looked pretty. Lily smiled at them, going to touch them with her hand outstretched before Gloria grabbed her arm and shook her head fiercely at her.

Anna opened the door with a smile on her face “Hi, I’m so glad you could make it. Come on in.”

The family of four stepped inside and walked down the slim corridor, taking their shoes off as Anna wasn’t wearing any herself. Anna smiled and showed them the way into the dining room where two women, two men, four children and Penina were sat “So, this is Chloe and Austin and their two boys Gerard and Mikey. This is Grace and Alex and their children Ray and Suzella. Everyone, these are Gloria, Andrew, Frank and Lily. Take a seat, please.”

Gloria smiled and sat opposite Grace. Andrew sat next to him and Frank and Lily sat the opposite end with the other children, Frank sitting next to Ray and Lily sitting next to Frank “Hi.” Lily piped up, smiling at Suzella “My name’s Lily.”

“I’m Suzella.” She said, even though they’d all already been introduced “It’s nice to meet you Lily.” Frank thought it was weird that such a small girl was talking with such good manners but knew better than to say anything “I like your hair Lily. I wish I could wear my hair loose.”

“You know the rules Suzella, you might catch nits.” Ray laughed “Hi, I’m Ray.”

“Frank.” Frank said “So, what do you do for fun around here?”

Ray shrugged “Not a lot. We talk, draw, ride our bikes... Stuff like that.”

It sounded boring to Frank but he didn’t say anything “I don’t always wear my hair down.” Lily told Suzella “Mom ties it up in a ribbon sometimes. But I do like it loose best.”

“So,” Gloria smiled at the top of the table at Anna “Are you having a boy or a girl?”

“Oh, I don’t care about that.” Anna replied “So long as they’re born healthy.”

“I have a little confession to make.” Gloria whispered, leaning closer to Anna “I haven’t even told Andrew yet. I’m pregnant!”

Anna looked confused for a second before smiling “That’s brilliant. Do you want a boy or girl?”

Gloria shrugged “I don’t know, I love both Lily and Frank equally. I guess Frank was easier to give birth to but they reckon boys are easier, don’t they? I have no idea why.”

“I don’t know, I’ve only ever had Penina.” Anna laughed “I’m glad I had a girl as my eldest though.”

“What do you mean you’ve never heard of Iron Maiden?” Frank asked, his eyes wide with disbelief “They’re the greatest band ever!”

“Oh, see, we don’t really listen to a lot of music here.” Ray said “We sing our own songs at the festivals and stuff. Mostly we make our own entertainment instead of listening to music and watching TV.”

“So... Does this town even have a cinema or anything?” Frank asked, feeling disappointment well up in his stomach.

“No, we don’t really have the need for a cinema.” Gerard told him “Don’t worry about it; we have just as much fun without all that stuff. I know it sounds kind of boring at first but it isn’t, I promise.”

“Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?” Ray asked “Me and Gerard were gonna go down to the river and just hang out for a bit.”

“Can I come too?” Lily yelled excitedly.

“No, you need to stay at home with Mom. This is only for boys.” Frank told her then smiled at Ray “Thanks, that’d be great.”

“Cool, we’ll come to your house at about eleven then.” Ray said.




“Well, they seemed nice.” Gloria said as they walked home in the dark.

“They seemed old-fashioned.” Andrew told her “I mean they’re nice enough but this whole town... It’s like stepping back into the Victorian era.”

“You’d know, you were born in the Victorian era!” Frank laughed as Andrew nudged him.

“It was your idea to move here Andrew.” Gloria reminded him “It’s not that bad. I like it here.”

“Me too.” Lily said “Suzella says I can go and play at her house tomorrow if I want to. She’s really nice. We should invite her over to our house sometime.”

“Of course we will. Once we’ve settled in.” Gloria told her with a smile “We’re going to be very happy here.”
Sign up to rate and review this story