Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Prom Fucking Blows

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 21 - Prom Fucking Blows

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-19 - 5165 words

0Unrated
A/N: Yes, this title was formerly used for another chapter. I figure out the titles ahead of time but got this chapter and the last one mixed up. So, yes, this is a new chapter, not the old "Prom Fucking Blows". Read on! Enjoy the DRAMA!!!! :D






The girls and I walk out of the bathroom giggling. We’re fighting through the crowd to get back to our table when I see a tall form across the room from me. I look up and see Hayden. He’s laughing and talking to someone. I stop and croon my neck to see who it is. And sure enough, Bailey’s there. She’s touching his arm and is standing way too close for them just being friends. My heart is about to burst from my chest and I feel my veins pump boiling blood throughout my body. I stare and watch them. Then, Bailey sees me. She smiles coyly at me. I smirk back at her. I wave and she wiggles her fingers at me. Hayden looks at who she’s waving at and his face goes flat when he sees me. I wave at him too. He awkwardly waves back and then I head to our table. I have a fake smile on.

“What’s wrong?” Adelia notices me. I just shake my head. She furrow her brows. Just then, Hayden and Bailey come up to the table. I clench my jaw at the sight of them. They disgust me. Adelia is furious as well. Lauren just looks at Hayden in shock.

“Nice of you to join us.” I sip at my water and smile at them in faux politeness.

“Well, Hayden had to come make sure you were okay.” Bailey smiles back at me.

“Well, I’m just dandy. Never been better.” I reply.

“I can see that.” Bailey looks around at the table. Elio and Austin approach the scene and just watch. “And did you notice that it was without Hayden?”

“No. But thank you so much for pointing it out, Bailey.” I grin. So far, prom fucking blows.

“You’re so very welcome. I’m always here to help.”

“Well, go help someone else because you’re just making things worse over here.” Adelia chimes in.

“I can see that.” Bailey smiles evilly. I can’t take it anymore. I need to get out of here.

“Well, I’m off. I’ve got work in the morning.” I lie.

“Well, good night, Sky. I’ll see you around.” Bailey smiles. I get up and head passed them.

“Yes, you will.” I say to her. Then, out of nowhere, she spits in my face. And everything goes black.

When I zone back in, I’m being pulled off of Bailey and being hauled towards the front doors by security. I try to wiggle myself from their grasp, but they won’t budge. Everyone watches me and Bailey. Music still playing, but everyone still. Soon, I’m outside in the cold night. Hayden follows.

“Sky, c’mere.” He tries to hug and hold me. I just shove him away and I get lightheaded. He just lets me walk down the street alone. Which is what I want to be right now. Left alone. I walk with my purse at my side. I need to get home. I just need to sleep everything off. We started out fine, but everything just went to shit so fast.

I’m crying as I’m walking. My face and head throbbing. I sniffle and wipe my nose. I find a bus stop and read which bus goes to the airport. I find the route and find the stop for it. And I wait. By the time it gets to me my hairs up and I’ve taken off my heels. And I’ve stopped crying.

The bus stops and I pay the fee to ride. I take a seat in the middle of the almost empty bus. I lean my head against the dirty glass and watch Portland pass by me. On the ride to the airport I think about how I got here. How everything is ruined. How in life it’s the little things that count. It’s the little things that make the big things. Then I feel eyes on me. The black guy sitting near me is eyeing me. I give him an icy glare and he averts his eyes.

I get to the airport and find a cab. I tell them my address and off we go. I lie my head against the glass once more and don’t think anymore. Just watch. Watch the lights and the darkness outside. I watch the river as we cross the bridge into Washington. I watch as the cab pulls up outside of my town house. I thank and pay the cabi and stumble to the door. I get in quietly so I don’t wake my parents, but my dad’s on the couch watching TV. Of course he’s still up. He never sleeps when we go out. He always waits up for us. To make sure we get in safe. He takes one look at me and fear flies into his eyes.

“Mija, what happened?” He asks as he stands and comes over to me.

“I don’t wanna talk about it, Daddy.” My tears come back. He just sighs heavily and holds me. I cry for a little while and then push him away before I lose it completely. “I’m gonna go to bed.” I mumble. My dad just nods. I go to the bathroom and start to wash my face. I look at myself in the mirror and see a lump on my cheek. I hope that bitch looks worse. I don’t remember. But now I can feel my sore hands. They hurt like a mother. I just clean up a little, braid my hair, and get into my room. I drag my feet across the floor to my dresser. I remove my dress and sweaty undergarments. I put on a baggy shirt and some clean undies. I sigh and hit the mattress. There, I close my eyes and fall to sleep almost instantly.


I wake up with a massive headache. One would think I’m hung over. But I didn’t have anything to drink last night. I sit up slowly and put a hand on my head. I grumble and see Elio in my beanbag chair. Completely passed out. Still in his tux. His tie untied and his shoes removed. No jacket either. The first couple buttons undone. I just get up and feel my body smart. Sore muscles. I grab a towel and shower.

In the shower, as I’m washing my body I spot a few bruises. One of a hand. Maybe the security. I find one on my side and another on my thigh. They’re relatively small, but they still look gross.

Once all washed I get out and dry off. I get back into my room and Elio wakes as I close the door. He looks at me. “What the hell, Cielo? Where did you go last night?” He stands.

“I came home.” I mumble and fall onto my mattress again.

“I called you a million times! Dad chewed my ass out once I got home!” He is mad.

“My phone was on vibrate.” I mumble into my pillow. Elio takes a deep breath and runs a hand through his hair.

“I was worried sick! And so was Hayden! And everyone else!” Elio says.

“Fuck Hayden. I hate him.” My feelings from last night come back up. Memories flashing in my mind. I’m trying to remember the fight, but nothing comes to me.

“You don’t mean that.” Elio says. I just sigh, because he’s right. How can I still love Hayden when he’s wronged me so many times? It’s saddening. I start to cry again and Elio comes over to comfort me. He sits and rubs my back. “Shh.” He coos. I just sob into my pillow. Snot and saliva covering it.

“What’s wrong with me?” I ask.

“Nothing.” Elio replies.

“Then why doesn’t Hayden love me like I love him?” I cry.

“He does.”

“If he did then he wouldn’t have been with Bailey at all last night.” I wipe at my face. In a relationship of two, I feel like I’m the only one fighting for it. I feel so lonely. And angry. Elio doesn’t reply because he knows I’m right. “Elio.” I cry and sit up to hold him tightly. He wraps his arms around me and squeezes. I grab at his shirt and cry into his shoulder. My heart has completely sunk and my brain is now mush. I feel hollow and empty. I feel that Hayden has taken everything from me without giving anything in return. I have nothing now. Nothing but Elio and Adelia and Fabi. I feel talking to Lauren and Austin now would just be awkward since they’re so close to Hayden.

I finally stop crying and pull away from Elio’s soaked shoulder. I sniffle and he wipes my face. The gesture brings a small smile from me. At least Elio loves me. At my smile Elio smiles. I just giggle. There’s just something about Elio that makes me feel better. That is why he’s my Sunshine. “I love you, Cielo.” He kisses my forehead. “Even if Hayden doesn’t. He’s a fucking moron. It’s his loss.” I just nod. “C’mon. Ama made waffles.” He gets me up. I smile. “And I caught them up on the drama. So you didn’t have to.” I nod again.

“Thanks.” I follow him out to the kitchen. Once my mom sees me she gives me a limp smile and hugs me real tight. She kisses me on the forehead and gives me an already served plate. Chocolate chip waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs. I smile at her and go to sit with my dad at the dining table. I take the seat next to him quietly. He leans over and kisses my forehead as well.

“You’re beautiful, mija.” He compliments me. I just try not to cry. This is a real moment for us. He doesn’t show his emotions much, but he always reminds me he loves me by his actions.

“Thanks, Daddy.” I grin and start to eat. I gobble up everything. Damn. I was hungry. Then, Elio, Dad, and I watch the soccer game while my mom does the dishes. Mexico scores when the doorbell rings. Elio and I look at each other knowing full well who it is. My dad gets it.

“Hello, Sir. I was wondering if Cielo was home. And if so, can I talk to her?” I hear Hayden’s voice.

“She is, and no you can’t. Leave her alone and get the fuck off my porch.” My dad shuts the door in Hayden’s face and I smile a little. Serves him right! Just then, the doorbell rings again. “Como chinga este guey!” My dad gets annoyed.

“I got it, Dad.” Elio gets up. He opens up and I hear Adelia.

“Where is she?” She asks. Elio motions me over. I go and see Adelia, Fabi, and Lauren at my door. “Oh my God! What the hell?” Adelia scolds me. I let them in and we all pile into my room. “So, what’s going on? Hayden’s been bugging the shit out of us about you.” I sit on my bed next to Adelia. Fabi on my desk chair and Lauren on the bean bag.

“I don’t know. I mean, I still love him. But I really don’t wanna see him right now.” I pick at my blanket. “Or talk to him.” My phone rings. Walk the Moon. “Speak of the devil.” I frown and turn off my phone.

“Look, if you don’t want me to relay info, just tell me.” Lauren says.

“No, it’s okay. Tell him whatever. I’m not scared.” I say.

“Jee, we know that.” Fabi pipes up with a snort. I just furrow my brows at her. What is she talking about? “The way you attacked Bailey. Bad ass. The bitch is all busted.”

“Really? I don’t remember anything.” I shrug.

“Oh, dude. You beat her ass.” Fabi smiles. “It’s on YouTube.” She says. “Here.” She whips out her phone. She finds the video and I watch. I don’t look like me. I look like someone else. Like one of those hoes on the Bad Girls Club. I look mean and angry. Full of hate and fury. I look away because the girl in the video is not who I am.

“So, what are you gonna do Monday?” Adelia asks.

“Go to school.” I shrug. “If we bump into each other we’ll talk or not. I’m not running or hiding.”

“Well, just know that we got your back.” She nudges me. I just nod.

“Yeah. We’ll all take on Bailey!” Lauren punches her fist. I laugh.

“You’re one crazy white girl.” We all laugh.


It’s Monday. I don’t go into the shop and I don’t look for Hayden in any way. He just comes up to me at my locker. “Are you okay?” He asks.

“Yeah. Are you okay?” I grab my textbook and shut my locker.

“No.” He says. “What happened at prom was…” He lets out a deep breath and rubs the back of his neck.

“I don’t think it would’ve happened if you had done what I asked.” I state.

“So this is all my fault?” He gets defensive.

“I’m not saying it is, but it started that way.” I say.

“And I’m guessing you told your dad from his reaction yesterday.”

“Of course. Elio told him. So whatever secrets you have with him are out.” I refer to when I saw them talking by the shop.

“What secrets? What the hell are you talking about?”

“I saw you and him talking by the shop the other day! Don’t play dumb, Hayden!”

“He was just asking if we were still going to prom together. I told him I planned to take you anyway.”

“Why? ‘Cause Bailey already had a date?” I clench my jaw.

“No! I wanted to take you to prom! We had always talked about going together.”

“Well, you went with me, but we did not go together. You ended up ditching me anyway.” I purse my lips.

“I was stressed. If I were to stay all the guys would be on my back about talking to you and shit. And I didn’t want hash everything out that night.” He says.

“Well, it’s too late now.” I hear the bell ring. “I gotta go.” I brush passed him. Leaving him there speechless.


It’s the end of school and I am driving home. I get to the four-way stop and wait for my turn. And in waiting I hear a bike approach my side. It’s Hayden. He’s looking at me through his visor. I just roll my eyes and gun it to my house.

It’s now Wednesday. The last two days of school are teacher in-service days. So, this is basically our Friday. I’m giving Adelia a ride home. “So, how are you and Hayden?” She asks.

“I don’t even think we’re together anymore.” I say.

“Damn.” She frowns. “Who woulda thought he was such a prick.”

“Not me. Not even Elio.”

“Well, then, we need a girls night.” She smiles. “We’ll get all sexy and go clubbing.” She dances in her seat. “We can invite Fabi and Lauren.”

“Adelia.” I whine. I just want to stay in. I don’t feel like going clubbing.

“C’mon, Cielo! You need to get out. Move on from that fool.” She says. I sigh and cave. Maybe I do need a night out.

“Fine.” She just beams.

“We’ll go out tonight. I know the Venue’s open and it’s ladies free before ten.” She says.

“Fine. I’ll pick you up at eight.” I pull up to her duplex.

“Alright, chica. See you then.” She grins and gets out. I just drive home and think of what I’m going to wear tonight. Something totally hot.


I have tight, baby blue dress with white rhinestones on the one strap. I put on my black, velvet wedges and take a look in the mirror. Black rings around my eyes and red lips. My hair in waves. Which reminds me I need to find a new color. This one is already faded. I grab my black leather jacket and my clutch. I head out and grab my keys. Elio’s in the living room looking for a movie to watch. When he sees me his eyes pop.

“Where the hell are you going, hoochie?” He asks. I giggle.

“Girls night at Venue 126. If anyone asks, I’m at Adelia’s.” I say. He just nods and I leave. It’s hard to drive in heels, so I take them off and throw them in the back. Once I get to Adelia’s I honk. Fabi and her come out in tight dresses and heels. All done up. I smile.

“Hey, bitches.” I joke as they get in.

“Hey, hoe.” Fabi smiles at me from the back.

“We just gotta go pick up Lauren and then we’ll be on our way.” I drive to the nicer part of town. Big houses with Cadi’s in the driveway. I pull up and honk. Austin’s here. He better not be coming. It’s girls night, meaning no boys.

Lauren’s door opens and both her and Austin walk out. He kisses her and waves in our direction. I wave back and she jogs to the car. “Hey!” She gets in.

“Is Austin going tonight?” I ask. If he does, I hope he doesn’t bring Hayden.

“He might. He has to work first. But don’t worry. He won’t bring Hayden.” Lauren reassures me. “Who is total mess by the way.” She adds. I just roll my eyes.

“It was his decision.” I say.

“I know. But it’s just weird now.” She shrugs. And with that I just crank up the tunes and drive into downtown Portland. Once we find a parking space we all pile out. The night’s cool and refreshing. We walk and get in line. It’s an okay size and we only have to wait ten minutes. Which is pure torture in these wedges.

They ID us at the door and then we all pile inside. It’s getting crowded, but we find a decent booth. I take off my jacket and put down my clutch. We survey the crowd, but I don’t see any cute guys I’d be interested to dance with.

We’re making small talk and the venue is getting more crowded by the minute. And it’s just Wednesday. I scan the crowd again and see a few guys that are cute. I smirk to myself. Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” comes on and we all head to the dance floor.

We dance to it as is in the music video. We laugh and grin at each other. Then “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj comes on and we dance very sexy with it. Grinding on one another. We’re about to give up on the fifth song. We are heading back to the booth when I feel light hand on my elbow as I’m trailing the girls. I turn around and there in front of me stands a tall, broad shouldered, chiseled man. He looks about nineteen or twenty. He’s got straight legs, work boots, a beanie, and a rolled up long sleeve. He has no piercings, but he’s got nice arm tats. Dirty blonde hair peeking out of his beanie.

“Wanna dance?” He bites his lip and blushes. So cute!

“Sure.” I smile and we head to the floor. He rubs the side of his arm as we find a good spot in the middle. “Midnight City” by M83 comes on and I start to move. He just bobs around at first, but once I turn around and grind on him a bit, he warms up. We don’t grind the entire time since this song is not a grinding song. But every once in a while I’ll shake my ass against his groin and he’ll grab at my hips.

After two more songs he comes close to my ear and shouts, “Wanna get a drink?”

“Sure.” I nod. He takes my hand and we go over to the bar. He orders us both waters and we sit.

“So, what’s your name?” He asks.

“Sky.” I smile.

“Nice to me you, Sky.” He shakes my hand firmly. “My name’s Brent.” He grins.

“Nice to meet you too, Brent.” I smile.

“So, where are you from?”

“Vancouver. We’re having a girls night.” I motion over to the table where Fabi, Adelia, and Lauren are sitting. They’re watching us. Giggling.

“I see.” He chuckles deep and throaty. He seems nice.

“And you? Where did you come from?” I flirt a little. Leaning in close to him. He smells nice.

“I live here in Portland. I work at Home Depot. Just till I can rack up enough money for college.” He sips at his water.

“Oh. Where do you plan on going?” I ask.

“Well, I don’t want to leave Portland. I wanna attend PSU.” He smiles.

“And what are gonna study there?” I ask.

“Philosophy.” He grins.

“Ooo. A thinking man.” I push him playfully. He chuckles and I notice Austin approaching us. A frown on his face. “Hey, Austin.” I greet him. Brent’s smile kind of fades as he sees Austin.

“Hey.” He hugs me.

“Uh, Lauren’s at that far booth with the girls.” I tell him. But he doesn’t leave right away. I furrow my brows at him.

“I couldn’t make him stay.” He tells me, and I know exactly what he’s talking about. He nods in the direction of the door and there he stands. Hayden. Looking about. I’m sure for me. He’s dressed nicely in his baggy skinny jeans and a button up flannel.

“I had a feeling he wouldn’t.” I try not to make Austin feel guilty. We both know how Hayden can be.

“If he tries anyway, just call me.” Austin says. I nod and he gives me a little smile before he heads to Lauren. I look over at the door again and see Hayden watching me. I just look away and back to Brent.

“Is everything okay?” He asks me.

“Yeah. Just unresolved drama.” I roll my eyes and take a welcome drink of my cold water.

“Anything I can help with?” He slightly smiles. I give him a grin. He’s a good one.

“No. I’ve got it covered.” I nod.

“Oh, you do?” He takes a sip of water and flirts with me a little.

“Yeah.” I nod. “Handling drama is what I do.” I make a duck face and throw up a slanted peace sign. Brent laughs at me. I giggle. I look over at the door again and Hayden’s gone. I look around and he’s at the end of the bar. Sipping on a Coke. Casually watching us. “I’m just joking.” I touch Brent’s forearm. I do this out of spite really. I want Hayden to know how it feels. I know it’s bad of me to use Brent like this, but he needs to know.

“Are you ready for more dancing?” Brent asks. At that question, Hayden’s on the back burner now. I’m here to have a good time and Brent wants the same.

“Hell yeah.” I grin and he leads me to the floor once more. “Gimme More” by Britney Spears comes on and Brent and I let loose. Dancing until eleven when he has to leave. We swap numbers and he pecks my cheek before he goes. I blush and go back to the booth. Adelia and Fabi teasing me about Brent. Austin and Lauren on the dance floor. Hayden’s sitting next to Fabi. I sit next to Adelia at the other end of the booth. He just stares at me, and I glare back. He finally gives up and looks out at the crowd. I just watch him. He looks angry. Jaw clenched. Lips in a fine line. I smirk and chat with Adelia about nothing in particular.

We finally decide to call it a night at one in the morning. I exit the club with Adelia and Fabi. Austin and Lauren holding hands and following us. Hayden at the back of the bunch. Once we get to the car I unlock it. “Hey, I’m gonna get a ride with Austin. I just need my purse.” Lauren smiles.

“Okay.” I nod and she climbs into the back and grabs her purse. Adelia and Fabi climb in. As I’m about to get in I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and look up. Hayden looking down at me.

“It was nice to see you tonight.” He says flatly.

“Yeah, well I wasn’t supposed to see you tonight.” I give him an attitude.

“I know. And I wasn’t going to come. But I got to thinking of all the guys you’d potentially meet and I decided to keep an eye out.” He shrugs.

“Why?” I fold my arms over my chest.

“Just in case you needed saving.” He says softly.

“I know how to take care of myself when I’m out. Thank you very much.” I purse my lips.

“I know. But guys don’t give a shit if you’re single, taken. They don’t even care if you want it or not. If they do, they go for it.” He shrugs. I just roll my eyes. He shoves his hands on his pockets.

“I know that from experience.” I say dryly. Hayden lets out a deep breath. I watch it float away in the air.

“Sky, what are we doing?” He shrugs again and looks at me. Tilting his head to the side a little.

“You tell me. What are you doing?” I ask. Just then a light breeze wisps by and gets into my unzipped jacket. I just shiver and pull my jacket closed. Wrapping my arms around myself to keep warm somehow.

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t.” He sighs.

“I don’t either. But if you figure it out, keep it to yourself.” I say. I’m done standing here trying to figure things out in the middle of the street. He should’ve spoke up days ago.

I get into my car and start it. Hayden just looks at me with desperate eyes. Pleading me to stay. I take one look at his once ice blue eyes. Now they’re a dull, flat blue. I sigh. “You know you want to, Sky.” Adelia tells. I look over at her. She smiles slightly at me. “Go with your gut.” Right now, my guts telling me to let Hayden in. I sigh once more and roll down my window.

“Get in.” I tell him. He just does what I say and hops into the back seat. We drive home in silence. Just the music playing to keep the space between us neutral. For now.

I drop Adelia and Fabi off and Hayden gets into the front seat. Bidding them a good night first. Finally, I drive him home. Trying to think of what I’m going to say. The mix of mine playing “Demon Dance” by Surfer Blood when I pull up to his house. I cut the engine and sigh.

“So, start talking.” I look at my steering wheel.

“Sky, I don’t know what to say.” He looks at the dashboard. Both of us avoiding eye contact of any sort. “I was being a fucking douche bag. I didn’t know what I was doing. I didn’t want to listen to you about Bailey because here was this cool girl who thought I was hot. I guess I just wanted to feel wanted. Like I was worth it.” His words sting me. I care. “Until I watched her with you at prom. Fake. All of it.” He sounds disgusted.

“Hayden, I think you’re hot. I think you’re beautiful, and I want you. And I show it every day. How could you not see that?” I ask.

“I don’t know.” He shakes his head. I look over at him. He turns to me.

“Hayden, I love you. But if you’re gonna keep betraying my trust and doubting my feelings for you, then I don’t think this is gonna work.” I decide to be completely and brutally honest about how I feel. “I don’t know how much more I can take. You didn’t even try to defend me at prom.” I frown.

“I didn’t know what to do. I panicked.” He shrugs. “Look, Sky, I love you too. I really do. And these past days I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. And I mean a lot. And I know I have to work on myself. Some of my past girlfriends didn’t give a shit about what the fuck I did. They didn’t really care about me as much as I see that you do. So I’m in unknown territory.”

“But how can you ever think I didn’t care about you? The whole reason I fought with you was because I cared. About you. About us. And us doesn’t involve Bailey.” I breathe deeply. “So, right now, you need to decide it you think our relationship involves Bailey.” I say. “Does it? Because if it does, I’m out.” My heart pounding to hear his answer.

“Fuck no.” Hayden shakes his head. “No Bailey. I promise.” He crosses his heart. I sigh in relief. I swallow.

“Good. The answer I was hoping for.” I smile slightly. Hayden looks at me with unspoken happiness. “Now, I have to get home.” I break our moment. Hayden just sighs. I smirk. He leans in and kisses me tenderly.

“I’ll call you. Maybe we can do something this weekend.” He suggests.

“I’ll be waiting.” I smile. He smirks and gets out. He waves me off and I drive home satisfied.
Sign up to rate and review this story