Categories > Original > Romance > Kiss Me

Fair Enough

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

Chapter 22 - Fair Enough

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-22 - 2817 words

0Unrated
A Friday night party. Hayden and I decide to go together. But things are still a little tense between us. Once we get there he goes off to his friends. I roll my eyes and find some booze. I take a shot of Jose Curevo and grab some Mike’s. I walk around and don’t see anyone I want to talk to. Austin and Lauren aren’t here yet. So, I just take myself outside. The backyard is quiet and there’s a large pool. The lights make the pool look a pretty turquoise. I go over and look inside. Tile siding. I wonder if in the future I’ll have a big house like this with a huge pool. Maybe. I just think to myself when I hear, “What are you doing out here?” I turn around and see Trevor.

“Just thinking.” I say flatly. “I’m heading back in anyway.” I try and walk passed him, but he stands in my way.

“How about we just chill here?” He suggests. “I think we got off on the wrong foot. Half due to your boyfriend. Who left you alone in the first place.” He points out.

“You know what, I’m not interested to hear your side of the story.” I brush passed him. He follows.

“Well, I just wanna say that I’m sorry for the whole bitch thing. I was totally faded.” I’m getting in when he grabs my arm and pulls me back outside.

“Get your hands off me!” I snatch my arm from his grasp.

“Okay.” He puts his hands up. I huff and get inside, livid. Rubbing my arm where Trevor grabbed me. That actually really hurt. Then I see Hayden coming towards me.

“Sky, where the hell were you? I was looking for you.” He asks in complete concern. Oh, now he cares.

“I was outside.” I say dryly.

“What the hell were you doing outside?” He asks. Just then Trevor comes through the door. Hayden sees him and anger flashes in his eyes.

“Hayden, let’s just go.” I try to push him away from Trevor.

“What did he do to you? If he so much as talked to you…” Hayden clenches his jaw. I just stay quiet. I can’t lie to him. “Did he touch you?” Hayden whispers in my ear. I just nod.

“But he’s not worth it.” I try to calm him. But he’s seeing red. He nudges me aside and heads for Trevor. “Hayden!” I call. But he’s already up in Trevor’s face. I just watch.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away!?” Hayden pushes Trevor.

“Serves you right for leaving her alone.” Trevor smirks. And then it’s on. Hayden punches Trevor right in the face. I gasp. I’ve never seen violent Hayden. It’s scary.

Trevor punches back and they go down. Scrapping and fumbling around on the ground. Everyone crowds around. “Oh my God! Are you okay?” I hear Lauren beside me.

“Yeah.” Austin by her side. He takes one look at the fight and jumps in as Lauren and I watch in horror. Austin pries them off of each other and I run to Hayden’s side.

“C’mon. Let’s go and get something to eat. I’m hungry.” I distract him. He looks down at me with love. I have my Hayden back.

“Okay.” He kisses me and takes my hand. We leave, Austin and Lauren behind us. “We’re going to IHOP.” Hayden tells Austin.

“Meet ya there.” Austin pats Hayden’s back and we all head to the IHOP on 164th.

Once getting there, the place is relatively empty with the exception of an elderly couple having some dinner. We are placed in a booth at the other end of the joint. We all take water to drink.

“So, dude, what happened? You just snapped or what?” Austin asks Hayden. I just look down at the table.

“Sky,” Hayden turns to me. “What happened?” He asks. I just frown and sigh.

“I went out back just to get some air. Trevor ended up out there somehow and wanted to talk. I told him to leave me alone and he followed me in. But not before grabbing my arm.” I rub it in remembrance of his grip.

“Is that all?” Hayden asks. I just nod and look back down at the table. “Are you sure?” Hayden implies something else went on. I just give him a shocked and furious look. Does he really think I’d do anything with Trevor? I just shake my head and feel tears sting my eyes. I just get up and head to the bathroom. But not before I hear Lauren say, “You’re a douche.” And follow me.

I cry as she holds me. “What does he think? That I’m going to sleep with him?” I ask.

“Of course not. Sometimes guys are just idiots.” Lauren brushes down my hair and rubs my back. “I even heard Austin telling Hayden he was being an idiot.” Lauren smirks. I just pull back and she drops her arms.

“Really?” I wipe at my eyes.

“Yeah.” She nods. “Said he had a good girl so why was he driving her away.” She smiles. “And he does. You’re a good person who is in love with a complete moron.” I laugh through my tears.

“Yeah. That’s for sure.” I sniffle.

“Austin has a soft spot for you. Knowing how his brother can be and how you are.” Lauren rubs my arms for comfort.

“Really?” I furrow my brows.

“Of course. He’s very fond of you. As am I.”

“Thanks.” I hug her. “Austin’s lucky to have you.” I smile.

“I know.” She giggles. I laugh and clean up my runny mascara.

Lauren and I head back to the booth. She takes her place beside Austin and they whisper to each other. I take a seat beside Hayden, but keep my distance. He just looks at me. “I didn’t know what you wanted so I just ordered some pancakes with bacon and eggs. I hope that’s okay.” His voice is soft, and he’s gentler towards me.

“That’s fine.” I sip at my water. He sighs.

“Sky,” He begins. I just look him in the eyes. “I’m sorry. It’s just, with me being a douche lately, seeing you with Trevor made me realize that you could leave me at any time for anyone you wanted.” He whispers to me. “And I don’t want that. And I hope you don’t either.” He leans his forehead against my temple. Making me look down at the table instead of his face. But his soft whispers are sincere. I can hear it.

“I don’t. But it hurts me that you would ever think I’d cheat on you the moment you do something I don’t like.” I whisper back. “Like talking to Bailey, or ditching me once we get to the party.” She is how everything started. “It’s like you don’t trust me.”

“I do. It’s him I don’t trust. And I thought you were right behind me when I veered off towards Shawn. Once I realized you weren’t with me I panicked.” He says.

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” I ask about Trevor.

“I assumed you already knew.” He says. I just sigh. “Is that how you really feel about Bailey?”

“Of course. I don’t trust her. She’s not a good person. She just wants to fuck with us.” I say. Now he sighs.

“Anyway, I’m sorry. For everything.” He kisses my cheek. His forehead still resting on my temple.

“And I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For trying to hold you back. For not telling you about what Trevor did earlier when you asked. For being a jealous bitch.” I frown.

“Sky, this is not your fault.” He turns my head to face him with his soft hands. I see he has a bruise on his cheek. My poor Hayden. Defending me like always. “It was just me being a fucking shit boyfriend.” He says. I just nod. “I love you.” I half smile. He smirks.

“I love you too.” I lean in and kiss him tenderly. Just then our orders come. We thank the waiter and dig in. We all have a good ol’ time and the guys pick up the check.

Out in the parking lot, Lauren and I say our goodbyes. “Come on already! You guys act like you’re never gonna see each other again.” Hayden rolls his eyes. I just laugh.

“Okay, see you later.” We hug.

“Guys are morons. Remember that.” She smiles at me.

“Us Pierce girlfriends have to stick together.” I giggle. She grins.

“Of course. Bye.” She kisses my cheek. She jogs to Austin’s car and gets in. Austin waves.

“She’s a keeper! You picked a good one!” I wave back.

“I know!” He grins. Now, it’s Hayden’s turn.

“Alright, babe. I need to go home now.” He says. “I’ll call you.” He kisses me goodbye.

“You better.” I smile. “And put some ice on that.” I poke his bruise. He hisses, but still smiles.

“I will. I promise, promise.” I grin and he piles into Austin’s car. They drive off and I leave to get some sleep.


Saturday morning. I wake up to Walk the Moon. I answer it. “Yeah?” I mumble sleepily.

“You’re still sleeping?” I hear Hayden’s voice ask.

“I had an eventful night, baby.” I smirk.

“Fair enough.” He says. “But I was thinking we could do something today.”

“Like what?” I am slowly waking.

“Well, it’s Mom’s birthday today. And Austin and I wanna cook her some dinner tonight. But we kinda don’t know how to cook. And Lauren knows as much as we do.” He chuckles softly.

“So, you want me to come over and help you cook your mom dinner?” I ask.

“Well, yeah.” He says softly. Sounding a bit guilty. I just giggle.

“I’ll be there in a bit.”


I shower and dress. I drive to Hayden’s and knock. He answers with a grin. “Hi.” I smile. He kisses me hard. Taking me by surprise at first, but I just mold into him and kiss him back. He finally pulls back and I blush.

“Hi.” He grins. “C’mon.” He takes my hand and pulls me inside. He leads me through the living room and in to the kitchen. They have pans and food out. “We weren’t sure what she wanted.” Hayden shrugs. Austin and Lauren at the wood top island.

“Well, what’s her favorite meal?” I ask.

“Lasagna?” Hayden looks over at Austin for confirmation.

“I think so.” Austin thinks.

“Well, how many is this dinner for?” I ask.

“Well, Mom, us, you guys.” Wait, what?

“Wait, I thought I was just the chef.” I try to clear up the confusion.

“No. My mom likes you. She’d want you to be here.” Hayden smiles at me. “And I’m sure she’d like to meet the chef.”

“I’m not dressed for a birthday dinner.” I look down at my jeans and hoodie.

“We can go back and you can get dressed then.” Hayden suggests.

“Fine.” I move to the island. “Since you guys aren’t sure about your mom’s favorite meal, I’m going to make something of my own.” I smile at them. “Appetizers, meal, and dessert. And this is going to take all of us.” I look over at Hayden. “When does your mom get out of work?” I ask.

“We have until six thirty.” He nods.

“Good. Plenty of time.” I smile and get to cooking. Together, we make cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon as appetizers. The meal being shredded chicken enchiladas with rice and beans for the sides. And a peach cobbler as the dessert. By the time we’re done it’s five in the afternoon and we are all beat.

“It all smells so good.” Austin smiles. “Hope Lauren can cook like that one day.” I laugh.

“Well, I’m going to go home. I smell like cheese.” I grin. Hayden chuckles.

“I’ll go with you. See if I can get your dad’s forgiveness.” I nod and we leave.

At home, I get in and see Elio in the kitchen. He eyes Hayden. “I’m going to go change.” I tell them, and leave them to talk.

I put on a nice flowy skirt and a long sleeve blouse. I slip on some flats and put my hair up into a tight pony. I apply some simple make-up and grab my purse. When I get out to the kitchen Hayden and Elio are shaking hands and nodding their heads at each other. I assume they fixed some things. “Are you ready?” I ask.

“Yeah.” Hayden smiles. “Catch you later, dude.” He turns to Elio.

“Later.” Elio looks at me and nods. I just return the nod and we’re out.

We set the table and clean up a bit. When Darla finally comes through the door, we have everything ready to go. She sees us and we all yell, “Surprise!” She beams at us.

“Happy Birthday, Ma.” Hayden goes up to her and gives her a big bear hug. Austin followed right behind. Then Lauren, and then me.

“Feliz Cumpleanos, Darla.” I say in Spanish.

“Thank you, honey.” She hugs me tight. “So, what’s on the menu?” She looks at the set dinner table. “And where did you order from?”

“Well, Sky did most of the cooking. We helped with the set up and some of the cooking. More along the lines of chopping vegetables and taking things out of the oven.” Austin laughs. I grin. Darla turns to me.

“You are amazing. Susan was right about you.” She kisses my cheek. I just shrug.

“The boys wanted to do something special today.” Hayden smiles proudly at me. His chin jutted out. He’s so sexy.

“Well, let’s not waste any more time. The food’ll get cold.” Darla grins and we all take a seat at the candle lit table. We all dig in and watch some Netflix after. But it’s getting late and I have to babysit early tomorrow.

“Okay, I need to get outta here.” I stand up off the couch. Hayden stands too. Darla rises and hugs me tightly.

“Thank you for helping my boys prepare this for me today.” She whispers in my ear.

“You’re very welcome. Happy Birthday, Darla. Good night everyone.” I wave to Austin and Lauren. They bid me good bye and Hayden walks me out to my car.

“Thank you for coming over.” Hayden smiles down at me.

“No problem.” I unlock my door.

“Sky?” I hear Hayden’s wary voice croak. I instantly feel alarmed.

“Yeah?” I look up at him. He rubs the back of his neck.

“Are we okay?” He asks softly. Waiting anxiously for my response.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t we be?” I ask.

“Well, all the stuff that we went through this month. I’d be furious.” He says.

“I was. But I know that you love me. And I know we’ll work together to make each other happy.” I cup his cheek. He leans into my palm. I smile.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” He asks with a grin.

“Babysitting.” I pout a little.

“Okay, what are you doing after that?” He rolls his eyes with a smile. I giggle.

“Nothing. Why?” I shrug.

“I thought we could cruise tomorrow. We’re getting nicer weather and it’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Perfect cruising weather.” The corners of his eyes crinkle a little as he smirks.

“Where are we going?” I bite my lip.

“We’ll decide when it comes to us.” He comes closer to me. His body a mere inch from mine. I can feel his body heat radiating off of him. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him slowly. Sensually. He kisses back just as slow and I feel his hands rest on my hips. I snake my arms around his neck and tangle my hands into his hair. This kiss holds so much for us. No tongue, just the sensation of his lips on mine. When he pulls back my eyes are still closed and I grin.

“I love you.” I hear him whisper.

“Te amo.” I open my eyes and see Hayden looking down at me with love. “Now, I need to get home.” I peck his lips and get into my car. He waves me off and I gun it home.
Sign up to rate and review this story