Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Chance to Change

Isobu Vs Kyubi

by KenshinAkagi 0 reviews

Rei is sent back in time by the Shinigami, and begins his plan to make Naruto strong enough to stop the Cycle of Hatred. Going to the night of the Kyubi attack, forced into a one year old body, Rei...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-10-20 - Updated: 2013-10-20 - 1287 words

0Unrated
A Chance to Change: Chapter 1

Darkness...everywhere. Rei couldn't feel anything. Did he exist? Was he still alive?

What Happened?

A flash of light. Memories flashed in his mind. A Man in the middle of a burning village. Keiji...nii san. A man in a white yukata with long white hair, a small smile on his face as a sword came down on his neck. Hayate Sensei...A young woman with orange hair in a onion bun hairstyle, looking up at him as if he was her Salvation. Anemone. A woman holding a massive sword, tears in her Sharingan eyes as she held the body of her younger brother, who was killed by her blade. Azami...

"REI!"

Rei's eyes shot open, and there, floating in front of him, was Isobu, the Three Tails. "Isobu-Nii?"

"Yeah...Is this what death feels like? I thought you fixed the seal!"

"I...I did, Isobu..."

"This is not Death, Rei-Sama."

"What...Zetsu?"

"Hai, Rei-Sama...We are still connected. This...is the realm of the Shinigami..." Rei looked at his left arm, and the face of Black Zetsu appeared on it.

"If this is the realm of the Shinigami..."

"I am here, human." Rei looked as the Shinigami appeared before him. long grey robes...chains on his back...Rei was nearly crushed in his presence.

"So..it's my time to go, eh?"

"No...at least, not yet...I have a proposition for you." Rei rose a eyebrow at this, as Isobu growled slightly. Zetsu merely remained silent at his spot on Rei's shoulder. The Shinigami continued. "You..who has changed the very way of life in your world...are required. This is what I offer you. Your memories. All of your powers, returned to you. And your eternal life. When the Uchiha girl stabbed you with that sword, she placed a Shiki Fuujin on it. Your soul is mine...but should you do as I ask..."

"Wait...so Azami lost her soul?!"

"No. I do not understand...but she somehow did not require a sacrifice. She eventually killed herself five years after the end of the war...but back to our deal. I will send you back in time. 100 years, to the night of the Kyuubi attack on Konoha. Do as you wish there. Should you change the timeline to my liking...than I shall return your soul."

Rei nodded his head, and was enveloped in a white light. Soon, nothing was left in the Darkness, except for the Shinigami, who quickly left to gloat in Kami's face.

The wind was cold. Rei shivered as his eyes opened. He saw Black Zetsu standing over him, with a look of concern on his face. "Rei-Sama...we have a slight problem. You appear to be one year old once more..."

Rei swore to himself. How was he supposed to do anything meaningful here? Unless..."Zetsu. Find The Yondaime. Assist him in holding off The Masked Man. Me and Isobu will fight Kurama." Black Zetsu nodded and merged into the ground. Rei began channeling his chakra through his body, and felt a pain in his left arm. Briefly glancing at it, he saw the damaged arm covered in coral. He sighed, and felt sad that his arm would still be injured even here. Soon, he could feel Isobu's chakra, and began drawing on it...to fight Kurama, he would have to go full blast. "Isobu...you ready?!"

Isobu grinned from within Rei's mind. "Do you even have to ask! Jeez, only one year old and you're already trying to fight!" Chakra began enveloping Rei, until it formed a miniature Isobu. Soon, it began growing, until it went above the forest. Seeing the freshly released Kurama, Isobu roared, and began racing towards the fox.

Minato Namikaze thought he had seen everything strange in the world. Here he was, fighting a Masked Man who just came and kidnapped his newly born children, (Fairly Normal), when suddenly a strange man..thing...emerged from the tree. The Masked Man yelled in shock at seeing the Plant man, "Zetsu" or something, while this...Zetsu, started using Mokuton jutsus rivaling the Shodaime. Zetsu turned to Minato as his kids emerged from the ground, perfectly fine except for some dirt in their hair. "Yondaime...sama. Take your kids, prepare the sealing for the Kyuubi No Yoko. The Three Tails is holding it off. Go, I shall take care of this man.."

Minato nodded, snatched up his kids, and disappeared in a Yellow Flash. The Masked Man looked at Zetsu for a second, before leaving as well. Zetsu grinned, and merged with the ground just as a lump of coral shot high into the clearing.

Kushina was not having a good day. At all. First she drank her morning coffee, only for the cup to crack and the coffee to spill down her new dress. Than she went into Labour, and after nearly seven hours of sheer torture, gave birth to two lovely babies, a boy and a girl. Than a Masked Man came, unsealed the Kyuubi, kidnapped her kids, and left.

And now she was watching the Three Tailed Turtle fighting the Kyuubi...and it appeared to be protecting the village. Before she could think more on the matter, Minato appeared at her side. "Minato! Are you seeing this?!"

Minato nodded, and handed her the two infants. "Yeah...Some weird guy appeared, saved the kids, than said the Sanbi will help us fight Kyuubi. But that's not important... we have to seal away Kyuubi into Naruto or Natsuki. Or..."

Kushina shook her head frantically. "No! I won't force that on our children! There has to be someone else, Minato!"

"Don't you think I would rather put this on anyone else?! But what kind of Hokage could I be if I wouldn't do it to my own children! I can't just do that to someone else's family, Kushina! Besides...I have a plan. I'll use the Shiki Fuujin. I'll give the chakra to Natsuki, and put the Kyuubi itself into Naruto. The Chakra will be mindless, making it easier for Natsuki to control, while Kyuubi will be to weak to break out of Naruto' seal. I have to start it now, Kushina..."

Kushina looked like she would keep arguing, but eventually she just nodded slowly. "Fine...start the sealing."

'Shit! Damn, Isobu, why are we so much weaker!'

Isobu made a quick wall of coral to block one of Kurama's tail and spoke in his mind. "I don't know, Rei! I might not be the only Sanbi right now, so my power is being split!"

Rei swore louder this time, as Isobu launched a Tail Beast bomb that exploded against Kurama's face. Eventually, Minato appeared on top of Isobu's head. "Sanbi-Sama! Hold down Kyuubi, I'll seal him!"

Isobu grinned, and slammed his foot into the ground. Hundreds of coral threads shot from the ground and dragged Kurama down, as Minato began the Shiki Fuujin. The Shinigami appeared, stabbed his hand through Minato, as Kurama slowly dissolved until he was just a red ball that split in two. One went into Natsuki, while the other went into Naruto. Minato was prepared to die, but was confused when the Shinigami just left without a word. He stumbled as Isobu returned inside Rei's body, and walked over to Rei.

"So you're the Jinchuuriki of Sanbi..." His mind made up, Minato picked up the 1 year old, and teleported to Kushina. It was only right that he take of the boy. But what should he be named? Minato saw that the boy was holding a note Minato picked it up, and read. Rei Babylon. Minato nodded, and brought the children to Kushina, ready to start his family.
Sign up to rate and review this story