Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Chance to Change

Did you just con Kyubi?

by KenshinAkagi 0 reviews

After seeing how Naruto is being refused training by his parents, Rei decides that it's time to put his plans in motion. Starting with convincing a certain Fox to team up...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-10-20 - 1055 words

0Unrated
A Chance to Change 2
Did you just con Kyubi?

"Daddy! Look what I drew!" Rei merely stared as Natsuki ran to Minato, a small drawing in her hand. As Minato congratulated the six year old, Rei stepped back inside the Namikaze mansion. Stepping past the kitchen where Kushina was busy making Ramen (Which Rei hates with a passion, as he'd much rather have curry noodles, and would skip dinner altogether if Kushina wasn't so goddamn attractive) than stepped into the room he shared with his brother, Naruto.

"Hey. You still upset?" Rei looked at the six year old sitting in the corner with a depressed look on his face. He walked over to the foot of his bed, and sat down, his left arm briefly sending a shock of pain. Rei looked over at Naruto, who was still silent. "Look, Otouto, Tou-san has a reason for training Natsuki."

"Why doesn't he train us? He and Kaa-san said they're going to enlist us in the Ninja Academy, so why is it only Natsuki who gets extra training?" Rei briefly felt a downcast expression across his face, but soon it was replaced by anger. Rei's entire plan revolved around Naruto, and how the past was in his time. Natsuki was new; an unknown variable. The entire POINT of saving Minato and Kushina was so that Naruto would be raised in a loving home, receive the training he needed in order to truly, finally, stop the Curse of Hatred. Yet, even with his parents, Naruto was forced to the side to make way for Natsuki, who was the 'Child of Prophecy.'

And they didn't realize that Kurama could easily recreate his chakra. While Natsuki could theoretically gain control of Kurama's chakra, without Kurama himself it would always be unstable. Rei briefly narrowed his eyes, and decided it was about time to introduce Naruto to Kurama. Minato had announced the Jinchuuriki status of both his children, but had made it a law not to mention Naruto's status as the holder of Kurama himself. Now the village was seeing Natsuki as the Hero of Konoha, while Naruto was seen as a demon. A few villagers had once tried to beat Naruto up...

Until Rei blocked the very first punch thrown. Naruto had kept his eyes closed, so Rei didn't feel too bad about having Zetsu eat his fill.

"Naruto...I want you to meet some friends of ours...Hold still, K?" Naruto looked up as Rei placed his hand on his forehead. Rei sent a burst of chakra, and suddenly Naruto and Rei found themselves in a massive white room. On one side there was a colossal cage, with a small note with the kanji for Seal on it. on the other side was a massive lake, with an island in the middle. The Island was in the shape of the Kanji for Seal, though there were cracks all over it, and even a massive gash in the middle, implicating that whatever it had sealed away got out quite frequently.

"Where...Where are we?!" Naruto looked around quickly, and began breathing a bit faster until Rei placed a hand on his shoulder and he calmed down...right until a huge roar came from the cage.

"OY Kurama! I'm trying to sleep here!" Isobu's head could be seen from the lake, glaring at the cage. He glared for a few more seconds, before looking at Rei and Naruto, his face brightening up. "Hey, Rei! This Naruto?"

"Yes. I'm here to introduce him to Kurama. Naruto, this is Isobu, also known as the Sanbi. Like you, I am a Jinchuriki."

"But...I thought Natsuki was the Jinchuuriki." Laughter was soon heard from the cage at the end of this sentence, as a huge aura nearly slammed Naruto to the ground until Rei grabbed his arm. A massive eye appeared at the cage, until the head of Kurama fully appeared from the darkness.

"So...I finally get to meet my jailor...Isobu?!" Kurama looked shocked at the sight of his fellow Biju, who appeared to be lazing around in a broken seal. "How are you here in Konoha?!"

"Really, Kurama? Always claiming to be the best sensor, but never even sensing a fellow Biju? You must be losing your touch." Kurama growled at Isobu, though Rei could tell it held no real malice in it. Rei stepped forward to the cage with Naruto.

"Kurama-San."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!" Kurama roared at Rei, and Naruto briefly looked like he wet himself.

"I am calling you by your name, Kurama-San. Isobu-Niisan told me the names of all the Biju a long time ago. I came here with your jailor to make...a deal with you."

"What kind of deal, ningen?"

"Simple. We'll break the seal on you. I know you weren't in control on the night you attacked Konoha... I, Rei Babylon of Amegakure, swear that I will release you from your prison, and help you get revenge on the Masked Man. In return, you, Kurama the Nine Tailed Fox, shall assist my brother, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze of Konohagakure, in whatever endeavors he goes for."

Naruto was looking at Rei with a look of pure shock on his face. Isobu grinned at Kurama and nodded, while Kurama just looked at them blankly. Finally, Kurama asked, in what was almost a hopeful tone, "I..accept...come here, Naruto...break the seal..." Rei gently nudged Naruto towards the seal, and the six year old looked up at the fox sealed within him. Could he do it? Release the 'Demon' who nearly destroyed his village? He wanted to refuse, but Rei had basically pressured him into it, and Rei had a good relationship with his demon...

Naruto grabbed the seal, and ripped it off. Kurama roared in happiness as he stepped out of the cage. "Finally! Freedom! Hah! Fine, Naruto, Rei, I'll keep my end of the deal. Now you two mind heading out? I want to talk to Isobu." Rei nodded, and Naruto felt himself be dragged into the real world.

"There, Naruto. You ever get in trouble, just ask for Kurama." Naruto gave a small smile at Rei and nodded. Rei gave a smile in return.

After all, why need training from your Father when you can get it from a millennia old Demon Fox?
Sign up to rate and review this story