Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Chance to Change

Memories of another life

by KenshinAkagi 0 reviews

Despite being in another world, Rei continues to struggle as he remembers the past.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-10-20 - 716 words

0Unrated
A Chance to Change: Chapter 3

Memories of another life

Rei tossed and turned in his sleep, sweat pouring down his face. He quickly jumped out of bed, raced to the bathroom, and vomited in the toilet, sweat still trailing down his face. He kept remembering them, all the people he had left behind. Rei slowly edged his way back into his room, sparing a small glance at the still sleeping Naruto. Rei collapsed on his bed, and soon found himself lost in his memories once more...

Fire everywhere. The white-haired boy had been separated from his mother, as his clan jumped at their chance to destroy Kiri. The boy kept running, and he soon found his brother. "Keiji-Nii!" The Dark haired man looked at the one he had called brother...but no longer. The dark-haired man was no longer there...he was locked away in his own mind, forced to watch as he attacked his own Otouto...
/]
[/The white-haired boy was older now, and was walking with his genin team near a small village. He kept stealing glances at the girl on their team. Oh, how he loved her...Azami Uchiha. But she held no love for him, or anyone else. He looked at his other teammate, the Aburame boy...he was silent. Again, the white-haired boy sighed, seconds before he noticed his sensei suddenly tense up, and knock them all to the ground.

/]
[/The two missing nin had their sensei, Hayate Genjiro, kneeling, his own sword placed on his neck. The white-haired boy watched in horror, his teammates trying to find some way out of the situation. Their sensei had offered his own life in exchange for their safety. Hayate looked at the three of them, smiled and said, "I can't fulfill my dream of a world of peace...will you fulfill it for me?" The sword came down, as the three genin saw the death of their sensei...The white-haired boy gave control to the demon inside him...but no one knew that one sentence would be the catalyst for so much...

/]
[/The white-haired boy and his team, now 14, were facing off against two missing nin in identical black cloaks. The Dawn of Yami, they called themselves. The fight was taking its toll on the boy, as he saw one of the enemies about to kill Azami...only for Rei to jump in the way, feeling a sword race through his shoulder. He fell from the cliff, not noticing his left arm falling after him, nor the black flames and swarm of bugs that appeared on the cliff...all he could notice was the pain in his chest, and the promises he had broken...both to his sensei...and the demon inside him...

[//]
Rei woke up with a punch to the face, to see Natsuki standing above him. "Wake up, baka!" Rei frowned at the girl, who was practically a Kushina clone. Pulling his white hair out of his eyes, he smiled at his arrogant sister, not noticing the tears still falling. "Wha...Rei, are you crying?"

Rei shook his head at her. "Just a bad dream..." Natsuki left the room, and Rei looked outside his window...how much things have changed...Rei pulled his black shirt on, and walked out of the room. Knowing that Kushina was making Ramen for breakfast that day, as she did every anniversary of the Kyuubi attack, Rei silently stepped out of the house. He hated his life. All Rei had wanted was a real family; back in his old life, his father and brother turned missing-nin, his mother was discovered to have sent information to other villages, his eldest brother turned on both the village and the clan, and the rest of his clan attempted a coup attempt, without their two trump cards...Keiji, and the Sanbi.

Naruto stretched out of bed, then rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He had a lovely dream where he and a smaller Kurama had run around in a field. Pulling on his orange Jumpsuit, Naruto attached a kunai pouch to his leg. He might as well get some training in. Naruto walked to the training ground outside of the Namikaze compound, and began stretching. He'll show his parents that he could be a great ninja. He'd make them proud!
Sign up to rate and review this story