Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Chance to Change

Friends meet.

by KenshinAkagi 0 reviews

As Naruto and Rei are slowly being split from the Namikaze family, Rei begins training Naruto and Sasuke.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-10-20 - 1403 words

0Unrated
Friends meet.

The many cheers and fireworks erupting in Konohagakure were just a few of the many signs that the village was celebrating. Many merchants had come to the village, trying to sell off items such as perfume, masks, and souvenirs from other countries. Most of the Clan Heads and their families were having a party at the Hyƫga compound, filled with hundreds of happy party guests. Even the Branch family could be seen with smiles on their faces.

Kushina and Natsuki were wearing matching red kimonos, which only proved to intensify the sight of their red hair. Minato was wearing his Hokage robes, and was talking to Hiashi along with Kushina. Natsuki was playing with her friends from the academy. Natsuki saw Naruto approaching with the intent to join, so Natsuki smiled as she got a wonderful idea.

"Hey everyone! Naruto was mean to me yesterday, so it's either you play with me or with him! Which is it?" Naruto stood shocked as Natsuki's words reached him. Most of the academy kids went straight for Natsuki, with a few giving a few half-hearted apologies. Natsuki was always the more outgoing of the two, and some of the kids were told by their parents to stay away from Naruto. Naruto stood there as he watched the other kids play, as he started to sniffle. He was about to start crying until a soft, yet firm, hand placed itself on his shoulder. Turning his head, he could see Rei look at the scene with a sad face on, but Naruto thought he could see a bit of longing in that look...

Rei was wearing a black Kimono with a white Obi. The Kimono appeared to have been made for a girl, and for a second Naruto actually thought Rei was a girl. Rei gently turned Naruto around. "Come on, Otouto. Let's...let's go somewhere else. I want to introduce you to someone." Naruto made a small nod, as Rei brushed his face of tears with the sleeve of his kimono. The two brothers walked to one of the houses, where Naruto could see a pale boy with black hair that resembled a duck butt. The boy was wearing a fancy black kimono as well, but this one was made for a boy. The boy looked at Naruto with Onyx colored eyes.

"Naruto, this is Sasuke Uchiha, one of our classmates. Sasuke, this is my Otouto, Naruto." The boy, Sasuke nodded at Naruto. Naruto gave a small smile in return, "Naruto...how would you like to train with Sasuke and I? I...I don't think Tou-san will start training us any time soon..." Naruto looked at Rei with those striking blue eyes, and Rei gave a small grin as the young blonde began nodding enthusiastically.

The three boys would train with each other after school, using an old training ground. Rei taught the two how to access their chakra, while Sasuke would sometimes sneak scrolls out of his compound for the three to start getting a few jutsu under their belt (Rei had around seventy, but it was always good to learn more). Unfortunately, Natsuki had developed the annoying habit of stalking the three boys constantly. They had immediately blamed Sasuke for attracting her (For an eight year old, he had a very disturbing amount of fan girls). This schedule would go on quite often, with them attending the academy, Training after, sitting on top of the Hokage Monument for a bit, before often joining Sasuke for dinner.

Rei had stopped staying in the Namikaze compound, only sneaking in at night and sneaking out in the morning, except if Naruto wanted him to come. Minato still had no idea how the white-haired boy kept sneaking in and out, but eventually let the matter drop.

It was after one of their private training, in which Natsuki had come in and demanded to be trained. Naruto had argued against it, while Sasuke merely kept trying to get constant bullseyes. Rei sat off to the side, calmly eating a small bento. The argument had gone on for quite a few hours, before the moon came up in the sky. The four had parted, with Sasuke heading to the Uchiha compound while Natsuki and Naruto both forced Rei to come with them to the Namikaze house.

As Natsuki began bragging about her recent test scores, Rei began sniffing the air. Due to being a Jinchuuriki, Rei had the ability to sense bloodlust and anger. While he only carried the Sanbi, thus having a weaker sense, he had managed to combine the bloodlust tracking alongside his Zetsu arm's natural sense of dead bodies; sometimes being attached to a cannibal has its benefits. Rei began thinking of any event that could be the cause of it, before remembering one of the major events that happened in Konoha.

The Uchiha Massacre! Kami dammit! Not only had Rei marked this as an incredibly important event that he should prevent at all cost, but one of the other Yonko, Madoka Uchiha, had constantly cited the Uchiha Massacre as a major reason for his hatred of Konoha, despite it having happened 100 years before Rei had met the man.

Though considering the man was Madara's uncle, and practically immortal despite not having a Mangekyou, Rei guessed the man could afford to keep hundred year old grudges.

Rei widened his eyes, before snapping at Natsuki and Naruto. "Go back to the house! Now!" As Naruto went to question him, Rei began speaking again. "Naruto, bring Natsuki back home, and tell Kushina that if she wants to start being useful she'll get some ANBU and haul ass to the Uchiha compound!" Naruto nodded, while Natsuki glared at Rei.

"Why should we listen to you, baka?!" Natsuki barely noticed as Rei suddenly slammed her against the wall, his pale red eyes staring into her bright blue.

"Listen to me, Natsuki! I don't care how good you think you are, but if you know what's good for you, you'll go back home, and get those pitiful excuses for parents over to the Compound!" Rei dropped her suddenly, clutching his left arm. Shit. The poisons that Zetsu had been transporting to his body were beginning to wear off. Rei wiped his face of sweat, as he briefly glanced at the red headed girl on the ground. She was still sitting there, her face red, and Rei's could briefly smell the scent of...arousal?

Ew.

Rei clutched his left shoulder, as he began racing to the compound. No way was he gonna stay and have a girl who was raised as his sister start getting the hots for him. That shit's just wrong.

Rei raced through the compound, seeing bodies lying everywhere as his mind began flashing through memories he would rather have kept forgotten. The sight of his clan after the failed rebellion...The squad of Kiri Hunter-Nin he had slaughtered on his way out of the village...Rei shook his head, as he could faintly sense Sasuke's chakra. Rei bit back a curse, as he realized the only two chakras left were Sasuke, and Itachi.

Itachi Uchiha...Rei could never understand why the boy had snapped and killed his clan, leaving only Sasuke alive. He had always suspected that something more was going on behind the scenes, but there was practically no way for him to find out.

The White-Haired boy snuck in through the open door, as could see Itachi preparing a genjutsu on Sasuke...and from the looks of it, it would be Tsukuyomi...Rei let a scowl cross his face. That jutsu...was horrible. Rei threw a kunai, which Itachi easily dodged, though it had the intended side effect of stopping him from casting the mind destroying genjutsu. Sasuke stumbled back, while Rei calmly stepped between the two brothers, holding his hand up in a 'come at me gesture'. "So, Itachi-san...I see you eliminated the Uchiha clan...Sadly for you, I like to think I'm a tad more difficult."

Itachi gave a glare to the boy. This was not how it was supposed to go at all. What was Yondaime-Sama thinking, letting his son come here? Itachi slid his tanto out. He would finish the fight quickly, giving enough injuries that the boy would be to weak to stop him from casting Tsukuyomi on Sasuke. The two prodigies glared at each other, before dashing forward.
Sign up to rate and review this story