Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 8 Opening Up

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Im too lazy to summerise, but please read :)

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 1055 words

0Unrated
You get up off the bed and walk over to your desk.
'Why do you wanna talk about me?' you say turning back to look at Joel.
'Coz' he says shrugging his shoulders 'I've known you a little while, but I don't really know you.'
'Well to be honest there's not really much to say or tell, so let's talk about something else.' You say picking up a pencil and twirling it through your fingers.
'Why are avoiding this, what are you hiding?' he asks standing up.
'I'm not hiding anything' you say defensively, dropping the pencil onto your desk.
'All right then you won't mind answering some questions then?' Joel says, as he sits back down and pats the area next to him.
Instead of walking over to sit with him on the bed you pull out your desk chair and sit down.
'Look if you don't wanna answer then you don't have to but I'm still gonna ask and you have to tell the truth' he says with a smile.
'Fine but the same goes for you, I'll ask and you answer, deal?' You say returning his smile.
'Deal' he says nodding his head.
'Fire away Joel, I'm ready.' You say sitting upright in your chair.
'Alright we'll start with an easy one, is Reign your real name?'
'Yes it is, check my passport if you want.'
'Nope, no need you said you'd tell the truth and I believe you.'he says.
'Ok next question' he says continuing 'What's your fave color?'
'How can you not know that by now? It's blue.' You say slightly outraged.
'Well you never told me it was blue, I always thought it was green or red.' He says looking down. 'And just in case you were wondering mine is also blue' he replies leaning back on the bed so his back is resting on the headboard.
'Okay Joel my turn, what are you and Benji's middle names?' you ask moving to sit on the unoccupied part of the bed.
'Benji's middle name is Levi and mine is... coughRuebencough.' He says
'I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't quite catch that last bit.' You say turning your head to face him.
'Fine it's Rueben, my middle name is Rueben.' He answeres looking slightly embarrassed.
'Well that's not so bad' you say trying unsuccessfully to stifle a giggle. You burst out laughing, well you can't help it he looked so uncomfortable just saying it.
'Okay London, what's your middle name?' He says facing you.
'Its Leigh after my grandmother.' You reply nonchalantly
'So Reign Leigh Mercer, are you ready for a serious question?' He says sitting up.
'Well now Joel I don't think I can take you seriously wearing that ensemble.' You retort motioning to his pink t-shirt and the towel wrapped around his waist.
'Hey, don't hate okay you wish you could look as good as me.' He says smoothing out the towel.
'Oh my god how did you know? I've always wished I could look as good as you, teach me damn it, teach me how to look like you Joel.' You say tugging on his arm and you both burst out laughing at your immaturity.
After your laughing fit, you're both silent for a while before Joel starts talking again.
'Reign, how comes you and your mum moved here to Waldorf?' he asks suddenly
'Ah c'mon' you say sighing 'I don't want to talk about it okay, why is it so important for you to know?' you say getting off the bed.
'Because I can see you're hurting, you try to hide it but I can see it and sometimes your really withdrawn. I just wanna help and I figure if you talk about it you'd feel better.' He finish, studying your face for any sign that you were open to what he was asking.
You hear his words repeating in your head. You've always wanted someone to listen but you didn't think any one would care. Deep down you know that if you tell Joel you'll feel relief, years of pent up anger and sadness will start to evaporate. But on the other hand it could ruin everything.
You walk over to the bed and kneel down sticking your hand under the bed and feeling around in the darkness. You find what you're looking for and stand up.
'Here' you say tossing a black book at him. 'That's my diary I've kept it since things started getting bad, it will tell you everything you want to know.'
'Hold on a second Reign, I don't wanna read your diary, I just...' You hold up your hand and cut him off.
'It's ok. I want to tell you all about my past but I can't find the words, and I have no idea where to start. So read it. Everything is in there. I don't mind I want you to.'
You walk over to the bedroom door 'I'm going to get your clothes I'll be back in a few.'
You run downstairs unsure if you've made the right decision, but already you feel a little better about the whole thing. You grab his clothes from the dryer and run back to your room.
'Reign are you sure about this?' he says accepting his clothes.
'Positive' you say confidently, even though you feel anything but.
You turn around while Joel dresses himself. You glance at the clock in your room its 23:15, its really late but thankfully the rain has stopped.
'I'm gonna go, I hope Benji covered for me.' he says with a small smile.
You walk passed him and open the window.
'Are you definitely sure about this.' He asks picking up the diary.
'Yes I'm 100% sure. I want you to know.'
'Goodnight Reign' he says hugging you tightly before climbing out the window on to the ledge.
'Goodnight Rueben' you joke closing the window behind him.
You close the curtains and pull off the clothes you were wearing that day. You go over to your bed, where you had placed your nightclothes earlier and slip them. You get into bed, pulling the covers tightly around you whilst reaching up and switching off the light. You stay awake for a few minutes thinking of the events of the day before falling into a dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story