Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Michiyuki

Chapter 5-Final Goodbye

by tiny14xx 0 reviews

Munenori's death.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2013-10-28 - 373 words

0Unrated
The sky was so blue…was it always this way? Maybe. The tired male shut his eyes with a weak smile as his bloody hand rest over the gaping wound in his chest. The grass he lay on felt so soft that he feared he may drift, and the crisp and clean air smelt nice. He was pleased to have such beautiful scenery to die to. If only...he could have seen her face one last time before he died.

“Akira? What are you doing under there?”
“I-I had a nightmare!” A soft chuckle.
“Oh, I see. May I enter?” Hesitation before a soft and scared yes filled the air. Munenori lifted the door made from his sheet to see his sister clutching a bear he had given her with one of his throwing knives clutched in her tiny hand. She was shivering all over and her eyes were full of fear.
“My…you have made quite the fort haven’t you?”The tiny girl nods with a brave face despite her shivering form.
“It bwocks out mwonsters…”The male raised his eyebrows with an impressed whistle.
“That’s really handy.”She gives another nod as he carefully scoot up to lay next to her, gently removing his throwing knife from her grasp before she moved closer and snuggled to him.
“I scared Aniki…”Strong arms wrap around her tiny frame before he began to rub her back gently.
“Big brother is here, you have nothing to fear anymore.” Softly, he began to sing her a song to calm her down, lulling her to sleep.

“Akira…” Tears slip past the young man’s eyes as he opened them once more. With tears streaming down his face, he began to breathe out the song he had always sung to her when she was scared. As time progressed and he continued with each verse, more tears would spill and his fear would slowly fade away as did the pain. After his last word was uttered, his last breath slipped from him and his eyes closed for the last time.
The word “goodbye” will forever be on the wind as it rolled through the blades of grass as did her cries when she received the news.
Sign up to rate and review this story