Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Light Behind Your Eyes

Burned Out Like A Bright Light

by Justalostflutterby 1 review

Can Mikey handle his newly found vampire instincts?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-11-15 - 984 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: Burned out like a bright light

Mikey:

In the end, Gerard and I both fell asleep on the sofa for what seemed like hours, but when I glanced up at the clock it was even longer than that, it was now night-time. I couldn't help but take note on the amount of fear that rushed over me, everything that I had believed in when I was a child was really happening. It existed.

My mind drifted back to the time when I was actually dead, when all I felt was emptiness, the pain of dying hitting me over and over again. I swallowed hard and Gerard shifted a little bit in my arms, I continued to play with his hair, unable to ignore him when an event like this had taken place. I never thought that this thing would happen to me, why can't it happen to someone else? Someone that can actually handle it?

I can't deal with this.

How are you meant to deal with the fact that you now lived forever?

The fact that I was meant to now drink blood - Oh God, Mikey why did you just think that?!

Gerard's neck was only a few inches away from me...And it was exposed. All it took was just one bite...One bite and then everything would be solved. R-right? That was what I had learnt anyway throughout my life. It seemed like nothing had changed, but maybe it had? Maybe there was something inside of my brain that had changed, something that I hadn't picked up on yet. Something that made me crave his blood.

Why hadn't I craved Frank's blood?

Why Gerard and not Frank?

Was it because Gerard was my brother? I glanced down at him again and sighed, I shook him awake and he groaned, shaking his head.

"N-no..." He mumbled sleepily and I sighed again, this time with frustration. My emotions were heightened and everything small thing was growing into an even bigger issue than it needed to be, I preferred it if I was dead. Ugh. Living was a lot more effort than I thought it was originally, I didn't used to think that was possible.

"Gerard...Please," I told him firmly, trying not to lose my temper with him, he didn't deserve that. But he certainly didn't deserve my teeth in his neck and him dead on the floor.

The things that Frank would do to me if that ever happened...

Gerard would handle things much better than me if this ever happened to him. He would know how to react, what to do, he was the responsible brother, the sensible one. The one that always knew what to say and the one who would help the other with anything they had on their mind, I was the one who always went to him with help and he would give it to me. I was the one who couldn't even look after myself properly and now I was paying for the consequences. I was going to die.

For good this time.

But maybe that wasn't such a bad thing? Maybe it was my time? Maybe it was time for me to die, I had lived enough hadn't I? Gerard would kill me for thinking that.

Gerard sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes, looking around the room and squinting at the fact that it was dark. "Did you not sleep too good?" I asked and he shook his head.

"How can you tell I haven't slept very well?" He smirked, slipping in a Mayday Parade lyrics there. I laughed a little and sat up more and I took his hand in mine.

"Gerard...I...Your blood is...Distracting." I muttered, "do you remember when we were younger we used to pretend to be vampires and if we didn't get blood then we died?" I asked and swallowed hard. He closed his eyes briefly and looked down to the floor.

"I...I remember," he mumbled, looking terrified if I was being honest.

"I need it, you're going to have to stop me from killing you." I whispered as I drew nearer to his neck already, completely drawn to it, the way each vein stood out to me at each breath and movement that he took.

The skin so pale and smooth...

So delicate...Fragile...

Before I knew it I was caressing the skin that I wanted to destroy with my fingers and I cupped the other side of his neck with my hand gently out of instinct I guess, trying to make him as comfortable as he could in the situation.

The way Gerard was asking was strange, in a way though, how could he not be acting strange? He was being calm...Was that normal?

I ran my lips along his neck and goosebumps appeared, Gerard took a deep breath and I saw him shut his eyes. I opened my mouth and slowly sunk my teeth into the skin, a yelp came out from Gerard's mouth and I sunk in my bottom teeth as well, feeling an awful sensation run through my veins. An urge to kill him, anger and frustration all at once, it was too much.

All I wanted right now was just below the skin, small, delicate droplets of blood entered my mouth and ran along my tongue and trickled down my throat, I closed my eyes and let out a tiny moan of pleasure. I sunk my teeth in deeper and started to suck harder and painfully to him, against his neck, wanting more of it. As much as I could get. Gerard let out a cry and I could tell that he was crying, I could taste tears in my mouth now, I felt awful because I couldn't stop. I didn't want to. I...I couldn't stop...

Ooooooo cliff-hanger!! Aren't I evil? ;D Comment what you thougggght? ^.^
Sign up to rate and review this story