Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 5

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-12-05 - 703 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5, The Problem

“What’s happened?” Dad asked after another long uncomfortable silence.

“There’s some sort of rip in time and no one knows how it got there.”

“Some sort of a time rip? How did this happen?”

“No one knows how! I just said that.” River said with a huff of annoyance.

“Where’s it at?”

“New York City.”

“Specific location?”

“Rory and Amy’s Gravestone.” There was another long silence, and I crept into the kitchen doorway to get a better sense of what was happening. I could barely see Dad and he was running his fingers through his hair, like he does when he’s nervous or unsure of himself.

“And what do you want me to do about it?” Dad finally asked.

“What you do best.”

“River, I can’t just leave like I used to. What about Amelia?”

“Take her with.”

“I can’t... What if something were to happen to her? What if she got hurt? She’s only sixteen, she’s not old enough to go on an adventure like that and even if she were I’d never let her...” Dad ranted but lost his voice as he noticed me in the doorway. “What... How long have you been standing there?” He asked me.

“Um...” I trailed off, probably speechless for first time in a long time.

“What did you hear?” River inquired with a face that meant business.

“Well, pretty much everything...” I said meekly, Dad and River looked at each other like adults do when their child is up to something.

“Well, at least she isn’t completely like you, she’s honest.” River said, breaking the silence and breaking eye contact with Dad and looking back at me.

“Only when she wants to be.”

“So what’s in New York?” I asked River, my curiosity winning over.

Dad answered instead of River. “It doesn’t matter. Listen, Amelia, um, I’m going to be gone for a day or so, and you can take care of yourself, right? You can use the money in the cookie jar to order pizza or something for dinner.”

“Sure, I guess. Can I have some friends over?”

“Yes, but you aren’t throwing a huge party and you are cleaning up any mess you make.” Dad said.

“Okay, now that it is settled we really should go, Doctor.” River cut in. Why was she calling Dad Doctor? As far as I knew, nobody called him that, they just called him either Ben, Benjamin or just Mr. Smith.

They walked towards the door without even a goodbye and I stood there for a minute, trying to make up my mind about what to do. Part of me wanted to follow them and see what was going on and the part of me that actually listened to my Dad wanted to do what he wanted and stay here, maybe call a friend and hangout. The more rebellious part of me won out and I crept along to the garage.

There were in there and Dad pulled the tarp off of the blue police box. Why would they need that? He pulled a key from a pocket and unlocked the door.

“We need to be quick about this.” He said, a very serious look on his face that I have only seen a few times before, and he pushed open the door just enough to let River in and he followed into the police box.

I crept over when they were both in and shimmed through the open door to the inside the of the box. It was simple huge on the inside! I was just about to go back out when the doors shut suddenly and the whole room moved and rocked underneath my feet. A loud whirring sound emitted from the center and from my right a a stack of wrapped christmas presents fell on me and I yelped a bit as I fell.

“What are you doing? Thought I told you to stay!” Dad said as the room stopped moving.

“So this is where you keep all the christmas presents.” I said as I got up.

“What? You thought was lying about that?”

“Honestly? Yeah.”
Sign up to rate and review this story