Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 6

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-12-05 - 553 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six, New York City


“How is this even possible?” I asked after I got over the shock of the bigger on the inside box.

“Um... It’s complicated. Listen, since you didn’t listen to me early and do what I told you, you are going to stay on the TARDIS and don’t touch anything.” Dad said as he and River prepared to leave.

“What’s a TARDIS?” I asked.

“Uh... Nevermind. Just stay here and stay out of trouble. Don’t go wandering around and stay out of trouble, okay?”

“What do you mean just stay here?” I asked.

“Right. River, let’s go.” Dad said, completely sidestepping my question, and he opened the door just enough to step out and block me from getting back into the garage. I moved aside to let River join him. She shimmed out and when I moved to try and get out, maybe go watch some more tv, but she slammed the door in my face. I already starting to not like her.

Frustrated, I sat down for a minute, letting out a deep sigh. And I would have stayed there, but I knew that I would just be letting Dad win, and I just couldn’t do that. So I got up and pulled on the door handle. It was locked, again. Why would they lock me in a box?

“You got to be joking me.” I grumpled to myself. “Come on! Open!” I said louder, pulling on the door handle. As big as this place was, I was starting to feel claustrophobic.

To my surprize, the doors suddenly unlocked and opened, sending me tumbling back. Dad and River were standing right outside, talking, the hustle and bustle of New York City surrounding them...

Wait? New York City?

“How did you get the door unlocked?” River questioned, a surprised look on her face, as if it was impossible to get out.

“How... what... we were... garage... New York City...” I trailed off starting to freak, my heart rate climbing alone with my racing breath. Some might say I was panicking. I would agree with them, I was definitely panicking.

“Amelia, calm down.” Dad started as soon as he realized I was going into full panic mode.

“How did we get here? We... we... we...” Yep, panicking, my breath was hitching him my throat. Can’t breathe, can’t breathe, can’t breathe, can’t breathe...

“Um... It’s a TARDIS, stands for....” Dad pauses and mumbles under his breath, “remember those fairy tales I used to tell you when you were little?”

“Yeah...” The word barely made it past my lips. I have no idea how he even heard me...

“Well, those stories had some form of truth behind them...”

“You mean...” I was able to breathe again, though barely.

“Yeah...” Dad said as he ran a hand through his hair.

“And that’s...” Can’t breathe again, freaking out some more... My vision was starting to blacken around the edges, but I didn’t really notice... Too busy panicking...

“Yep...” He might have said more, but I didn’t really noticed. Everything was starting to go fuzzy... “Catch her!” Dad yelled and I noticed I was sinking to the ground, like I had fainted, wait, I was fainting, wasn’t I?
Sign up to rate and review this story